Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Literally The Worst posted:

Invincible is also really badly paced and rapidly devolves into one of the worst comics on the stands, due in no small part to the fact that Kirkman is one of the worst modern comic book writers. Please don't recommend it to people who like good comics like My Hero Academia.

Yeah, invincible starts really well, a fun super-hero book that borrows a lot of good things from other series and then, I really don't know how to describe it, it *quickly* goes in a bizarre super-violence hyper-serious poo poo path totally on purpose, as if the 90s never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why the gently caress are you nerds talking physics about this manga? It is a cool power and it will do whatever it needs to be cool, physics be damned.

But, but, she removed the gravity from that ball and threw it infinitely upwards! But... what about air friction? :smug: shouldn't that have stopped the gravity-less ball? The author is obviously not giving it enough thought.
:goonsay:

Edit: This manga is great and I hope the author never gives a poo poo about physics.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Invisible girls are always, like, creating invisible force fields. This is common knowledge people!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's delaware because it sounds cool (and it's funny to have all attacks named after US states/cities) you giant spergs.

Otherwise I fear the Florida smash.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kortel posted:

It's a sign of affection? I do it to my little brother when I visit.

Yeah, it is only a sign of affection. But it is also one of the rudest things you can do in Japan so it implies a really close relationship.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

Speaking of naval laser dude, where is he?

He has become a background gag. Was last seen flying around at the start of the race.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, one of the two dudes in the 1-on-1 battle is hurting! In a shounen manga! That surely means he will lose.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

Ok so what chapter does this series hit its stride at? It's not really grabbing me at the moment, but I also remember One Piece not getting rocking till Barate so I'm willing to give it some wiggle room.

Every decent Shounen has that one story arc where things start to 'gel' together and I could use some pointers on where to find it

This thing is less than a year old, you can read the totality of in in a couple of hours at most. For me it was interesting by page 5 or so.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Level Slide posted:

Momo already fills that aggressively Chinese aesthetic.

Speaking of international heroes, I also hope some actual Americans show up and they think All Might is a little excessive. And they're all Mexican.

No, please, no Mexicans, Japanese authors have no loving idea about how to depict them (Chad aside). For more information just check the latest Aiki-S chapters.

Make then from Bolivia

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 26, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vengarr posted:

I really liked this character in Agent X who unconsciously deleted her presence using psychic powers. You couldn't perceive her. Cameras and tape recorders couldn't record her. If she punched you in the face, you would convince yourself it was just the wind.

She just kinda chilled in this couples' house, raiding their fridge when she was hungry, and spent her days exploring NYC.

As usual, Hunter x Hunter did it better

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Seafood posted:

Kohei answered that in his character profile, if I recall.

Basically he used his headgrapes to stuff up the cannons the robots were firing, rendering them inoperable and thus "Defeated."

Mineta is his secret identity. By day he's a perverted superhero wannabe midget . By night he's a tall gentlemanly superhero badass.

He just got serious when nobody was looking

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, any bets of the pairings for the other students and which teacher they are going to face?

Ochako is probably going to face err, you know, spacesuit dude, forgot the name,
You know who Mineta is going to face (and get his rear end kicked by) but I wonder who will be the poor teammate that will have to endure the ordeal.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Sandman posted:

So, weird question: anyone know what the Japanese fans thought of the results of the US popularity poll?

As if JP readers would give the slightest poo poo about what American readers think.

If asked I bet the typical reply would be "Americans read this?"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Just as an aside, is there ever well done filler? Do production companies ever wind up pleasantly fleshing things out with their filler? Maybe I'm just bitter about how shamelessly Toei milks One Piece for money.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

Everyone falling for Asters sole gimmick went from tiresome to pretty funny. I think we're up to like actually over a dozen people being shocked when he clubs them in the face with his sword.

In actual mha talk, why are so many people elsewhere surprised that the amine character designs are so good? How hard is it to gently caress up?

With a decent budget? hard. With most-anime budgets: you have to simplify/streamline the characters and you may not have enough money to get a good designer that makes an acceptable work

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Some day manga will arrive to the current century and in one we will discover that there is no traitor, the bad guys just hacked their iPhones.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Technically this manga is set like 200 years in the future or something I think?

Ok. iPhone 207 then.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Iida's outfit makes him look like Dudley from Street Fighter which I am super okay with

-Hey brother, want to come to our store? the best girls! big baps!
-Er, no thanks
-You have no dignity.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JosephWongKS posted:

Endeavour dragged a woman into a loveless marriage for the purpose of turning her into a brood mare; locked his wife in a mental asylum once she had produced a child with the combination of quirks he wanted; beats / physically abuses the chosen child; and neglects the other children who didn't inherit the right mix of quirks. How do you even begin to make someone like this into a sympathetic character?

A bigger, even sweeter flaming beard is a step in the right direction.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Silver2195 posted:

Nighteye's power is actually kind of bad in terms of pure combat.

Dude is Batman with super-foresight. He'll be fine in combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The thread had been speculating that it would be (strategically) dumb for him not to have developed an antidote, but I don't remember ever getting actual confirmation that he had.

It's like when you develop weaponized pathogens: you always have a cure for turbo-ebola at hand.