Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Does this typically get released on some sort of schedule? It's pretty fun and adding in for more Frog girl although a lot of the background character designs are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I liked Toad back when Xmen Evolution was on tv.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

That's it!

I finally figured out who non-super All Might reminds me of!

loving Lord Raptor.

Thanks this was bugging me too.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I want to know what Antgirl's deal is.

Navelgun guy is a great example of a super power that is absurd but the comic allows him to rock it with total confidence.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Man, whoever's making that fanart is on their game. Except for all the compromising angles, but, Japan, I guess.

VP's power looks neat as heck and I'm excited to see what her mini-team there can do. I really like plug-ear girl's design too.

I thought that was from the actual artist's twitter.

Also you know poo poo just got real because the short kid isn't checking out anyone's chest in that final panel. He's even doing it in the color spread at the beginning.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Looks like it's from pixiv. The mangka's twitter doesn't have it, but there are neat sketches.

Ok, gotcha. It looked really similar to the Tsuyu ones that someone posted earlier that were supposed to be from there so I assumed. I agree it is neat either way.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It feels like everyone in the comic is trying really hard to ignore the fact that one teacher is walking around topless...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fabricated posted:

Technically the invisible girl is naked except for the gloves and shoes she wears. Not sure why she wouldn't just wear clothes in class since it's not like she really HAS to be invisible all the time but w/e thankfully they haven't gotten terribly creepy about it.

Have they shown her visible yet?

EDIT: Clothed obviously

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 12, 2014

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

DrSunshine posted:

I had to do a double-take, because I was like "Wait wait is dominatrix lady really walking around topless??!" Maybe her superpower is the ability to not have nipples.

Lack of toe joint nipples is the indicator of super powers.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah add me into the people who think that policeman is shifty as hell. Of course the artist might be trying to do a fake out by making his seem off and he really just is a super great dude. I think it's the amount of white around his eyes combined with his over the top niceness and emotionless smile that really give me the creeps about him. Frog girl has similar eyes but her's look more comedic.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The best part was All Might jumping out from behind a corner and Uraraka's shocked/surprised expression.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm not sure I want to know how Miss Midnight's costume helps her quirk.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Part of me thinks that a lot of this is setting him up to massively fail in the face of a bunch of people that are either more powerful than him, better disciplined, or both and then to cast his lot in with the villain crew that obviously need some talent and gives him an opportunity to beat Deku and other heroes in front of the world to prove his superiority. That feels cliché though so I kinda want something more surprising.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Right you basically just described Sasuke.

I watched half an episode of Naruto and a Giantbomb quicklook on the subject so I guess I have some kind of mystical bond with that comic is what I'm saying.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I am so sorry about your condition

Believe it :smith:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

I greatly enjoyed Asui's Yaoyorozu's despair at being conned by Mineta, and also how pumped up invisible girl is all the time.

Well she's actually wearing more clothes than normal.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers/early scans are out. Like seriously if you're one of those people who're triggered by spoilers kindly avoid the black bars.

Apparently it's not as bad as that in terms of him being an rear end. He's on guard since he knows she'll win if she gets close. What the crowd misinterprets him being a jerk and toying with her is him actually being smart and not letting her get an opening. It's a bummer about her super attack not working though.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hopeford posted:

Chapter 37 is out.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but I like that they are making Bakugou, the rude rear end in a top hat, into one of the least sexist characters in a manga. Everyone is STILL hammering at that "you blasted a girl" thing and he's the first one to acknowledge she did well by herself after being told it was all her.

Yeah I think this is a big deal and good on Bakugou.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fabricated posted:

People complain when you post bars because they have trouble not looking at them. Generally it's just a "go troll around all the various google-translated text spoiler places" signal.

But okay:

The spoilers were -very shittily translated so context/grammar could make this mean something critically different- but Iida wins his next round, then loses to Todoroki. He goes to call his brother and he doesn't pick up. The end of the chapter is implied to be a crime scene with a dead body and someone talking about a 'hero killer'. There's a cellphone in the shot with Iida's incoming call on it.

From looking at the Chinese scans this seems to be correct. :smith:

I'm not sure where they are going with The McDLT since having him just chump everyone is going to end up boring especially now that he's somewhat over his piss off dad by going in with an arm behind his back mantra but this comic is great so far so I'm sure something is planned.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

And it's out

http://www.mangareader.net/boku-no-hero-academia/43

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bakugou would probably be pissed no matter what happened.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Blhue posted:

Haha, commenters on the mangareader site I used were angry that a fight in a Jump comic was over in one chapter and that was a bad thing apparently.

After the grueling current One Piece arc, It's the greatest thing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Uraraka's mom pushing her eye back into her face...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah that was cool. You got a sense of what was happening in the other fights without it being drawn out and all the main ones were done in a chapter but were still exciting.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Alien Queen was the cooler name. :colbert:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I appreciate the extra chapter where they explain she's wearing a skin tight outfit and isn't just driving all the hormonal teenagers insane by walking around a high school topless without anyone saying something.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Well I mean that much is clear.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's the Warhammer Fantasy of online comix.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Has Bakugou shown anything other than pure self aggrandizement? He seems like the kind of student where the goal of the school is to make him a "hero" since they know the alternative is that he's very likely to become a powerful villain. His absolute disdain for people weaker than him combined with his violent nature, quirk, and desire to be the best really is the perfect cocktail of super villain.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Green Intern posted:

How would you know?

She's actually been dead for three chapters and the tape guy has just been holding her clothes up puppet style since.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Elfgames posted:

i think they all pass except all-might's team and everyone has resort fun shinannigans while deku and lord expolodokill fight more villany have to go to study hall and do a two thousand word written report on why they failed

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Reed Richards put his family and friend in serious danger because he really wanted to beat the commies. He was an rear end in a top hat from day one.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I always wonder with that old stuff if that was the character being presented as an rear end in a top hat or a projection of the writer's sincere beliefs. It's kind of hard to tell sometimes since they are "heroic figures." Like how Tony Stark originally made incredibly effective weapons of mass destruction which was a good thing at the time.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It could be like Claymore and have face-hands guy fight Deku to the death in a volcano that came out of nowhere at the end of the Stain arc.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Supposedly the raw provider for the translation group got arrested. Haven't heard that reason for a delay before...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mineta sitting with the dorks and looking with seething, eye straining anger at the handsome guy getting candy from the bunny girl was the best part of that chapter.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I really like that last panel.

Also invisigirl's clothes just floating in panels with her enthusiastic dialogue consistently makes me laugh.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Shigaraki didn't kill Deku because coming up to him non-threateningly and then revealing who he is in order to force a conversation is a creepy and intense thing to do.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Did we actually see Stain kill someone (honest question I don't remember) and not just try? Also the new girl Himiko is said to be a serial killer. I don't think they've said if Shigaraki has killed anyone but the writer could easily say that he has if he needed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So yeah couldn't they just say that Shigaraki killed so and so if he needs to be a killer? It certainly seems like he has no real issue doing so if he was going to murder those two recruits just for being annoying.

Also that doesn't seem fair that Sero failed when he saved his partner with a quick reaction and then his quirk was instrumental in allowing him to succeed (unless that was just included as a comedy bit)...