Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

That codename might be the very first thing I don't like about Tsuyu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Uraraka is awesome

Pretty smart move by I Cannot Stop Twinkling, too, assuming it was intentional.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Yaoyorozu should be licorice allsorts, if only for the name.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Onmi posted:

Forgiveness is one thing, because if we never forgave anyone for their errors then we'd be living in a pretty terrible society, what's important is that forgiveness does not come with the excuse of past actions. it needs to be recognised that Endeavor Did a Bad.

Endeavor himself needs to recognize and say out loud, to the people he hurt that he Did a Bad. As far back as Kyojin no Hoshi we've had monster dads brutalizing their kids for the sake of their future success, and almost without exception, the successful kids end up grateful to them for the abuse. This arc can only succeed for me if we get an exchange like this:

quote:

"I did horrible things to you and your mother. I have no excuse, and I'm sorry."

"No, Dad, I realize now that everything you did was for the sake of-"

"Doesn't. loving. Matter. It was wrong."

And I'm not terribly optimistic we're gonna get it.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 15, 2018

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Patware posted:

the engine is now on a plywood go-kart covered in duct tape

Hey that’s not a nice thing to say about Deku.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Crazyeyes posted:

Who the hell is Snatch

Who the hell is Ujiko?

In terms of pacing, MHA is consistently better than most, but this chapter honestly needed a bit more room to breathe.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Just noticed Jiro switched from her little triangles to full-on eyeblack. Not an improvement, IMO.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Spinner being a weird kid from Bumfuck, Nowhere is such a great little detail. This is absolutely the type of person who thought Hot Topic was the pinnacle of culture and sophistication in high school.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 16, 2019

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Eej posted:

Reach out and touch face

:golfclap:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Young Present Mic is so cool :swoon:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Curious why Kaminari would be disappointed to get a basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Rauri posted:

Bakugo loving sucks but he's entertaining and I wish he wasn't.

Bakugo is entertaining only as long as there are people are around to say, "That's our rear end in a top hat friend Bakugo for ya. What an rear end in a top hat." Bakugo by himself had exactly one good scene that I can remember, and it was a throwaway gag about him being being loving pissed at plaque and tartar buildup.