Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I want to start reading this but the translation of chapter 1 is horrible. I'm having trouble even finishing it. Are there any better ones available? I'm contemplating just looking for raws at this point...

EDIT: Apparently the one on Batoto is different from the one I found. Nevermind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Uraraka's costume really makes her look like a Mega Man X character to me. I think its the boots, mostly

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

For anyone wondering, Noumu (脳無) can be translated as brainless. 脳 means brain, and 無 means none or nothingness.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Mr. Hands would be a really, really unfortunate name for that villain.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Neeksy posted:

We finally saw the first sign of the Hawk-boy's powers. Looks like something involving shadows, although I'm still wondering why he needs to look like a bird for that power.

We've actually seen him use them a few times already, but its always been in the background, I think

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Countblanc posted:

Oh my god please let the name joke die
Good luck. ADTRW posters never let jokes die, and they're never the funny ones. There's entire pages of stuff like that in the One Piece thread.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

To be fair that thread was amazing

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Kyte posted:

By the way, Horikoshi's twitter had a sketch of the detective dude with some extra info. His codename is Trueman and he can "see the truth of any matter".

So pretty much perfect for detective work.

I saw that image floating around along with sketches of a bunch of other characters. IIRC Trueman is his codename and he has a different real name. The other character sketches also have codenames (hero/villain names), too. I don't remember many of them, but Uraraka's is Uravity, grape boy's is Grape Juice, and hands-guy (Shigaraki, was it?) is Vigilante.

EDIT: Here's the code names I found. It's from concept art, so some of the names might change (No. 13 was named No. 6 in his sketch):
Bakugou - Bakushinchi
Uraraka - Uravity
Iida - Ingenium
Navel-laser dude - Can't Stop Twinkle ("Can't" for short)
Minoru - Grape Juice
Shigaraki - Sazanka (vigilante is actually the description, sorry)

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 31, 2014

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The moment I read this phrase and mouthed it to myself in confusion is the exact moment I realized I ceased to be a young person

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

tsob posted:

It's cool, but it loses the lovably geeky touch of having his mom's mask thing, so no deal fanartists.

I thought only the suit was his mom's, and the mask is something he designed?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Radish posted:

I watched half an episode of Naruto and a Giantbomb quicklook on the subject so I guess I have some kind of mystical bond with that comic is what I'm saying.

I am so sorry about your condition

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The concept art for a number of the characters had hero names for them, but who knows if those names will be used.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It seems to be set up so we can get Deku vs. Todoroki then Deku vs. Kacchan. It'd be nice if it were less predictable but it certainly works

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Looks like they're gonna use the code names from the character concept art pictures after all. Well, at least Uravity and Grape Juice. I forget the other names. I think Bakugo's was some word in Japanese that I didn't recognize.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I too support this manga's target audience.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Being angry is pretty much Bakugou's reaction to everything, including just existing.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Some anime have filler scenes during episodes that are pretty good. Stardust Crusaders had lines and scenes that were added to the anime that fleshed out the story and helped connect it to other parts of the story, such as including the picture seen in part 5, showing a magazine cover with modern day Smokey on it and Joseph and Dio talking about Erina. IIRC Hunter x Hunter 2011 had things like that too.

On the other hand, One Piece does this absolutely terribly, ruining the pace, repeating what were 1-panel jokes in the manga and running them into the ground, and creating plot holes.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There isn't enough info so just wait and find out.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

loving Kyte, get with it

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

please change my name to Sidekick Cum Manager

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Brad King is supposed to be Blood King, but Mangastream sucks.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Vengarr posted:

No, it's another cheesy pun. His name is ブラドキング. Burado King.

Oh really? Never mind then, I suck. Shoulda looked for the raws first instead of assuming.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Roland Jones posted:

I meant for his outfit specifically. Why Ojiro is there is pretty obvious, though admittedly I forgot/didn't know that his name was a monkey reference as well as specifically a tail pun.

He's wearing it because it's new year. It's not a toga, he's just wearing it half off because ???

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Thread change please.

Seconded

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

He's an evil mastermind. How else is he supposed to keep a female captive?

Tied to train tracks.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Tommy Lee Jones?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jose posted:

how do they keep someone with all might level strength locked up though

carefully

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

RatHat posted:

All for One must not have known about Double since it definitely seems like an ability AfO would want. He could create a literal army of himself.

Or he was worried about the same situation as Twice happening to him.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah, just about everyone has a smart phone nowadays. About 60% of people will be using one at any given time whether they're walking or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So it seems like this really is gonna be the final arc, huh? It’s kind of sudden, with Deku still not knowing some of his powers and the whole traitor thing never being mentioned and all.