Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

After seeing Bakugou flip the gently caress out multiple times I can safely say this author really digs drawing teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Slime posted:

Would make sense to take a toe, since that's where quirks come from.

I thought that was just a way to see whether or not someone had a quirk.

E:fb. Thought the page was refreshed :downs:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if Tsuyu ends up being a solid jumper, though.

E:fb I really need to refresh more often

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I loved him pointing at the problem and just crying to make his case instead of outright stating it. Fantastic little detail and more subtle than a lot of the humor you read in a manga.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's so common in things that aren't anime/manga that I just glossed over it's inclusion.

Absolutely, that's why it's so good to see it in a manga for once.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yeah Brain Guy's power seems to not be related to his physical form, which is pretty terrifying in its own right.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I'm still not sure what the full scope of Hand Guy's powers are. At first glance it appears to be the ability to crush whatever he gets his hands on but what's the meaning of the other hands in that case.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Handyman is becoming weirder every single time he does something.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I like how All Might is kinda doing a one-man wave on the final page. :allears:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

We're probably going to run into stuff like anti heroes as well.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

man copycat teaming up with eraserhead would be a ridiculous combo

If he ever gets the bright idea to copy Deku he will end up pulverised. He will way underestimate the control/physique required and completely ruin himself.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Vengarr posted:

That's a little too Naruto for me.

Having not followed Naruto, is this something that series does all the time?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I am less invested in what outcome it's going to be and more in how it is handled.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Are the Chinese scans found in the regular places? I'm gonna make an exception and hope the pages mostly explain themselves.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yeah Firedad has yet to realise what it actually means. He feels he's finally getting what he wants.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I'll give this a second read when a not-poo poo translation is out. This was usable but that about covers it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Jesus Iida built isn't he? It always looked like it but those are some broad shoulders. Well ok the neck should've pointed it out too.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

OOOOH I just reread this and realized we have it wrong.

Iida gets hit with 2 knives, the first one being the small one in the elbow/upper arm area, and the second one is that big hunting knife that pins his hand to the ground.

We were the ones that were wrong about it, Horikoshi just didn't draw it out clearly enough. Also it just goes from his hand to his arm in like, one panel, it's not that big a deal.

It's sort of a double gently caress up. In one panel the small blade is replaced with the one that hit closer to his hand, the small blade is nowhere to be seen and suddenly there's no blade stabbed close to his hand.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So basically FA is still the better choice at this point.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

But Aizawa said that they will be doing both strength & stamina training along with developing their quirks? Won't the strength & stamina training help Deku?

Stamina, sure. But physically his reason for toughening up is to ensure he can use the power without accidentally atomising himself.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

It's gotta be a prop from the spooky forest thing and I will not accept any other explanation. :colbert:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Gnome7's phrasing suggests "no".

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

HellCopter posted:

Endeavor is a super rear end in a top hat but he's definitely not supposed to be villainous. His reaction to seeing All Might at less than 100% was "Come on, I know you're better than that. Stop moping and save some people."

Lol wat. Based on what we've seen so far this couldn't be more wrong. Endeavor doesn't want All Might to save people. He wants to surpass All Might by himself, and he spent all that time looking at that batshit power guy just constantly being better at everything. And all of a sudden he's a shrimp who couldn't stop a grandma from shoplifting? For Endeavor this is utterly unacceptable.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Once the traitor is revealed I hope the author takes a moment to point out all the things he hid in the previous chapters.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

She should know about his stupid levels of power and how he has a tendency to break himself. It's gonna be interesting to see how she'll respond to his full style change.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I hope we get to see more of the new peeps in a more friendly setting after this. They look alright!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Gentleman is going to discover he can scale walls and ceilings and other sick poo poo he can't imagine because all this time he misunderstood the core principles of his powers.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Page 9 bottom right: is that a skeleman rescuing the monopoly guy? The other two look pretty distinct as well.

Getting saved by boneguy must be weird.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

where the red fern gropes posted:

what the gently caress is a sasuke

Explained on this page! :buddy:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

He already had that power and speed but using it would literally destroy him. Constant training and events made him tougher, but he's being as careful as he can not to accidentally maim himself so he ended up lowballing how much he can withstand.

That's not too strange for this story really.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So basically vault boy can trigger noclip on will. That's pretty neat.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

If twice clones can use weaker versions of the original's power, a clone of shiggy would still be a very quick and nasty killer.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Crazyeyes posted:

People who start talking about the new chapter without linking it and before it is linked should be summarily executed.

:same: except without the execution because that's a little psychotic.

https://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/128/4054/1

If you've been reading odds are you have a link. :justpost: it!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

C'mon, guys, people re allowed to be wrong.

Where do think you are, huh? :toughguy:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So that accident mentioned in the first page, I wonder if that hints as to why he is called Overhaul. What is his villain name in Japanese? Does it roughly match?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

It's really clear now why Mirio's an ofa candidate. Must've been a tough call for All Might.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

Relevant to current discussion.

He should do a junkrat.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Radish posted:

That Toga face.

Can be said for just about any toga panel.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

:argh: don't you dare, twinkleman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

What the hell did you do this time. :colbert: