Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Guacamelee! is a game developed by Drinkbox Studios. Released in April 2013 for the PS3 and PS Vita, it eventually saw a port on Windows in August later that year. It got very favorable reviews, even a couple of awards. The game was fun, fast paced, controled well, and generally anybody's complaint about the game itself was that it was too short. The game, if you didn't try to 100% it, only took about 3 hours to beat, but considering it's a Metroid-style game where you get upgrades hidden in nooks and crannies, it makes sense, since Metroid games are typically pretty short anyway.

I won't be playing that version. Instead, I'll be playing the most recent version of the game, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, released in July 2014 for pretty much any system that didn't have the original Guacamalee!. Not only does it have all the DLC that was released for Guacamelee!, but it also includes entirely new areas, enemies, and even an extra boss. It bumps up the game's length from about 3 hours to about 5 hours, so it's still pretty short, but not TOO short.

I love this game, but it DOES have some issues, but none of them are really gameplay related. The background in some areas has a lot of memes and referential humor that I don't really like, and the game, despite being a bit longer, is still too short. Still though, it's a very, very good game that I have platinumed twice.

Also please post cool Lucho matches, thanks.

Episode 1: Let's Beat Up Some Nerds ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted
Episode 2: Welcome to Memetown ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted
Episode 3: Crab Segregation ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted
Episode 4: Uppercut to the crotch is a DQ ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted
Episode 5: You might be Tim Taylor. ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted (Coming soon)
Episode 6: Is there any gay Devil fiction? ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted (Coming soon)
Episode 7: Wrassletalk ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 8: Skulls ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 9: This is the most convoluted KFC I've ever seen ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 10: Skippy Granola ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 11: El Fin ... Youtube ... Polsy
Bonus: Rise Chicken, Arise ... Youtube ... Polsy

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Characters of Interest

Juan is an agave farmer, but when his not-quite-girlfriend is kidnapped by an evil undead charreda, he rushes to rescue her... and promptly gets killed within seconds. He then puts on a mysterious luchador mask and becomes a hero to the people, beating up nerds with skeletons like Kevin Sorbo.

I'm just putting Fray Ayayay here because I think his name is funny. He's not really that important, to be honest. He does have a unique character model though!

This is El Presidente's Daughter. No, she doesn't really get a name. She's Juan's subject of affections, so when she's kidnapped by a hella rude skeleton man, he tries to save her. Her current status is, and always will be, damsel in distress.

Carlos Calaca has kidnapped El Presidente's Daughter. Are you a bad enough dude to beat up this skeleton? Well, considering he killed you without even trying, probably not, no. What's even his deal, anyway?

Tostada has the amazing importance of being the co-op player's avatar. She appears for some cutscenes but because I'm playing alone, don't get used to seeing her. What's even her deal, anyway?

Jaguar Javier is a jaguar man, trained by Uay Chivo. He's now Calaca's right-hand man furry cat. He's so tough he can destroy a bridge. How can we even compare to that?

Uay Chivo is the source of the worst jokes in this game, and also all our special moves. Apparently he used to be a big deal. Obsessed with goats.

X'Tabay has a weird name I can't pronouce. She's also some sort of weather demigod and Calaca's girlfriend. Current status: Haha double entendres.

The Alebrije is a big demon cat or something. Current status: Bowser'd.

Let's Lucha!

Lucha Underground

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 20, 2014

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Samovar posted:

Whatever happens when you say you DON'T want to learn about Jaguar Javier?

He just skips all the dialouge up until the end is upon us bit, then it continues as usual.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

I loved the regular version of this game, but couldn't be bothered to get any DLC, looking forward to the new areas.

Honestly you're not missing out on much in the original game without the DLC. STCE is worth it for the extra areas and boss though.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

rbakervv posted:

You know what is more annoying then aged internet memes and pop culture references? Pointing out every meme and reference and then spending ten minutes bitching about each and every one.

Most of the time I wouldn't even have noticed the meme without you telling me about them. Just ignore the drat things if they bother you that much.

We've already got the second episode recorded and we do it there too, but I'll be sure we regin it in for the rest of the LP.

Nalesh posted:

Also, are you gonna show off any of the workshop costumes?

Yup. Probably all of them, eventually.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Small update but the hosted version of the video is up.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

In this update we keep complaining about the references and memes, but after this I promise we'll shut up about them entirely. You know our opinion on them by now.

Episode 2: Welcome to Memetown ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted

I've also updated the second post to include the characters we've met so far and a section for Lucha fights. Post some more of those!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Nalesh posted:

You forgot to unprivate it :v:

I totally didn't. Youtube is just butts sometimes when it comes to that stuff. Give it another few minutes for it to register the fact that it's public now.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Nalesh posted:

I still want to see you do a tabletop lp someday, you sound like the best(horrible bastard) gm. Gotta steal that mimic idea myself.

I had a Pathfinder Let's Play going on a few years ago. The LP died though, and the game was abandoned not too long after that second arc was finished. If I ever get enough suckers and free time I might consider something.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Woah now, I missed a week due to real life happening, but we're back to beating up skeletons and talking about m- oh right, I said we would stop that, and we did.

Episode 3: Crab Segregation ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted (Coming soon)

Shei-kun posted:

Having recently discovered the shenanigans you can get into with Pathfinder (I have declared Agni Goat on far to many enemies and succeeded), I'd love to join up.

Perhaps with a half-orc monk who wears a mask and specializes in grappling.

I hate Pathfinder and most d20 systems with a passion these days, to be honest. If I were to do anything, it would likely be a Dungeon World game with a group I already know, but I have no plans to sit behind the screen anytime soon. I prefer being the player these days, but that always changes every couple of months.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

New week, new episode. Hooray! In it we have flashbacks, chickens, and fat skellingtons.

Episode 4: Uppercut to the crotch is a DQ ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted

Also, the hosted version of episode 3 is up, finally. The OP has been updated.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Also kalon has the memory of a sodding goldfish :v:

I swear I can remember what I ate for breakfast like a month ago but I can't remember literally the first 10 seconds of a video I had just edited. It's why I typically pre-watch things before doing commentary.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Nekomimi-Maiden posted:

Also, INTENSO CHICKEN is the best thing ever.

It really is. I'm glad I tried it on a whim while recording, because I had no idea that the chicken could intenso at all.

I'll be sure to do it at least one more time before the LP is over.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

NGDBSS posted:

So far as I know Intenso only has three skins: Juan, Tostada, and chicken. Otherwise your costume/skin is irrelevant.

Correct. No matter what skin you Intenso in, your Intenso form is always the same.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we learn that Heave is the most terrible out of all of us and is willing to make the jokes we don't want to.

Episode 5: You might be Tim Taylor. ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted (Coming soon)

Tomorrow, Ape and I (maybe Heave if he wants in I haven't asked) will be streaming some Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and complaining about the Star Wars EU and how stupid it is (spoiler: its really stupid). If you want to watch it'll be at 9 PM EST at https://www.hitbox.tv/kalonZombie .

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Happy new year! Here's a new video.

Episode 6 - Is there any gay Devil fiction? ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted (Coming soon)

Also to kick off the new year, Skippy and I did a riff a few weeks ago. I finally got off my lazy rear end and edited it. The CD-I is the poo poo, man!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hey look, an update again. This time we start the second of two new areas in the game, but before that we start our path to the GOOD ENDING.

Episode 7: Wrassletalk ... Youtube ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

If you're grabbing something, can you switch them to another dimension as well?

Nope. If you dimension swap while holding something, if they don't exist in both dimensions, you lose the grab.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Time to beat up more skellingtons.

Episode 8 - Skulls ... Youtube ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Nalesh posted:

doesn't stop it from being delicious though :v:

Actually white chocolate is super gross tasting. The only time I eat it is with those special winter Oreos.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Chocolate oranges are a Christmas thing over here in the US for some reason. I like the dark ones decent enough, despite not being a big fan of oranges.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we cover a boss fight and the el Inferno DLC.

Episode 9 - This is the most convoluted KFC I've ever seen ... Youtube ... Polsy

CHALLENGE TIME

Record yourselves going through these challenges. If you can beat the high scores of a bunch of them, then you'll get some prizes. Ape and Heave will fill you in the specifics of their criteria, but if you can beat at least 10 of my scores, you'll get a free copy of your choice of Monkey Island Special Edition, Poker Night At The Inventory, or Frozen Synapse Prime.

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 22, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

NGDBSS posted:

What about scores that we already have? (Or is the point more to show off the doing?)

Edit: As an American I will agree that the Red Green Show was amazing.

It's more about the showing off, but if you have better scores already then yeah okay.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I never show them off, unfortunately, but I think they're pretty much exactly the same anyway.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Neige posted:

1. Talking to Xavier Jaguar after his defeat leads to a bunch of dumb cat puns. You missed 'em...

2) How many Chac Mools are there? I collected six, but never completed the Inferno levels. Seven, because Inferno levels are DLC? Is there an additional reward for seven chac mools rather than 6?

3) Piso 4, past the 22:00 spot... couldn't you just chicken mode underneath the moving blocks, instead of moving underneath the floor?

1) DAMMIT.

2) There are technically 7, but one of them is from beating the final boss. Once you get 6 you get a special reward I will show off in the 100% video coming next week.

3) No, there's no room. Otherwise the challenge would be trivial.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today's video is just a cleanup of 100% completion, minus the final area. Because Ape and Heave hate this sort of thing, I invited friend and fellow Guacamelee lover Skippy Granola with me.

Episode 10 - Skippy Granola ... Youtube ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

We finish the game today! Thanks all for watching!

Episode 11: El Fin ... Youtube ... Polsy

But wait, a bonus video? Didn't I show off everything? Yeah, I guess, but c'mon, I couldn't pass this up once I learned about it.

Bonus: Rise Chicken, Arise ... Youtube ... Polsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

suddenly cats posted:

Hey kalonZombie, I'm not sure why, but the Part 11 video is only available at a super low resolution. Problem uploading, maybe?

Might still be trying to process the higher resolutions. If it persists I'll reupload it later.

• Locked thread