Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

you-so-craycray posted:

As an avid lover of this show, I seriously hope poo poo picks up again soon because it's getting a little tiresome sitting here watching this bunch of morons squabble over tinned beans for fifty minutes at a time.

Abe's flashback showed us the real reason everyone fights over canned goods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Why does Abe beat his canned goods? Doesn't he love them?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
What the scientist actually said was: your group won't be safe if you have more than 1 black man in it.

newbinator
Nov 14, 2014

Get your shit together, and put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere. You know? Take it to the shit store and sell it. Or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your shit together.

Lycus posted:

Why does Abe beat his canned goods? Doesn't he love them?

he was applying the ketchup is all. nobody understands.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Crankit posted:

I found out what the scientist said to rick.

"Rick, you must protect stuff and things. Think about it."

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Half of the past couple episodes were nearly completely black on my pathetic screen. Wish I felt that I missed something.
Edit, also couldn't make out anything but green when they reached the point that everyone but Abe wanted to backtrack.

Good to see Beth back.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 14, 2014

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
TWD isn't racist, it's just race realism.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Crankit posted:

TWD isn't racist, it's just race realism.

Yes, in the realistic fact that the asian chick is hot.

mewse
May 2, 2006

warcrimes posted:

Sleeping with Glenn doesn't make Maggie asian

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

e: Why would they call it asian fever if it weren't contagious?

Codependent Poster posted:

"Rick, you must protect stuff and things. Think about it."

I remember laughing my loving rear end out when Rick say "something something stuff/thaangs" but now for the life of me can't remember the exact wording and context except that I think it was still at the prison. Can anyone throw a dog a bone?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

e: Why would they call it asian fever if it weren't contagious?

I remember laughing my loving rear end out when Rick say "something something stuff/thaangs" but now for the life of me can't remember the exact wording and context except that I think it was still at the prison. Can anyone throw a dog a bone?

Prison. During probably the most annoying part of the series. Lori hallucinations. Hershel comes down and asks Rick what he's doing. He says stuff...and...thangs

mewse
May 2, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYlpa9mJyMk

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

lol the things you find while youtubin' scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TWvHlYShB8&t=22s

'sup governor

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Isn't Rick's actor British or something, too?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Pharmaskittle posted:

Isn't Rick's actor British or something, too?

Yes. Probably why his southern twang is so ridiculous

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Hahaha I just looked it up and his real last name is Clutterbuck, he couldn't be more British if he tried.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Being myself from Tennessee and having, in my days, occasion to parley with many of those in the areas of Georgia, specifically the Atlantean fields, I can affirm that, indeed and in fact, the actor whosoforth portrays Sheriff Rick Grimes sounds not a bit like the various & misc. dwellers of the region.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pharmaskittle posted:

Hahaha I just looked it up and his real last name is Clutterbuck, he couldn't be more British if he tried.

Confirmed. Went to school with two Clutterbucks, no relation.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

To be fair, it's a disgusting morass of accents in the south. I live on the Mississippi gulf coast and code switch pretty hard when I'm talking to someone twenty miles north of I-10.

If someone sounded a little English, I'd probably assume they were from some uncontacted Louisiana tribe and shrug it off.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm kind of sad because I now understand in this context he is mocking Lori which is why he says "thangs" so ridiculously. Missing the actual context of the writing then ridiculing it for that sake..I am become the Walking Thread.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

As I mentioned in prev thread , I've been rewatching the series as background noise for working and one thing I've noticed is the pacing feels way different when you're watching back to back vs week by week. Kind of makes me wonder, since majority of people binge watch tv shows on streaming services now, if they pace it this way for that reason intentionally.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

warcrimes posted:

Go check out any survivalist site you will see crop tops are a staple item.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

Being myself from Tennessee and having, in my days, occasion to parley with many of those in the areas of Georgia, specifically the Atlantean fields, I can affirm that, indeed and in fact, the actor whosoforth portrays Sheriff Rick Grimes sounds not a bit like the various & misc. dwellers of the region.

I would disagree strongly with this.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

re: abe's family being terrified of him beating to death a group of men with a soup can. Remember this takes place right at the start of the apoc. I just got to the scene where Shane beats the living gently caress out of Ed for slapping Carol and everyone was horrified and shocked that a former police officer would beat a dude that far, I can only imagine how shocked someone's own family would be if it was more than just beating it was beating to death, and multiple people.

Jake Armitage
Dec 11, 2004

+69 Pimp
Pretty sure that didn't happen at the start of the apocalypse. Unless you think it took him a couple years to get from Texas to Georgia.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Jake Armitage posted:

Pretty sure that didn't happen at the start of the apocalypse. Unless you think it took him a couple years to get from Texas to Georgia.

Might be melded memories but in the books it happens at the start. They hole up with others in a grocery store. It takes a few months, starts civil, amicable, over time the WROL changes the people and causes them to do the rapething to the family. So his canning of the dudes happens a few mos after the start. Don't forget that Eugene doesn't actually want to get to DC and is actively trying to derail the journey. Based on side statements about "sacrifices" that were made on the road, it sounds like they met another group which probably had its own set of drama.

and the show has only spanned 514 days so far.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Reposting what I think we can all agree is the most correct statement about this season so far:

Jamesman posted:

Eugene owns.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Jake Armitage posted:

Keep in mind, Eugene admitted that he's been sabotaging their progress at every turn.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

xcore posted:

So I'm no longer hate watching this show, I'm now just despondantly staring at the screen with no emotion.

Do people feel that zombies are not even a threat in this show anymore? The only drama when it comes to advesaries seems to be other humans that they cross.

Add everyone else's answers to the fact that most of the zombies around are now pretty far along in the rotting process, and the oldest ones have been enduring 2 years of exposure to some of the most insufferable poo poo weather in these United States. It seems like the only time they're remotely threatening are in big hordes or when they're pretending to be piles of clay or swamp water.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
This last episode was a great honeypot for catching people with lovely tvs. I'm sorry your $200 walmart special shows anything not shot in direct sunlight as inky blackness.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Enderzero posted:

This last episode was a great honeypot for catching people with lovely tvs. I'm sorry your $200 walmart special shows anything not shot in direct sunlight as inky blackness.

I'm sorry you're so terrible.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Eat poo poo bad TV havers :smug:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Its gotta be more than just lovely TVs. I watched it on my laptop on half brightness and still was able to see things.

Also: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-key_lighting

For the photo/cinematography newbs. Not everything has to be fully lit. They shot it that dark intentionally.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Enderzero posted:

I use a "lovely" cheap LED TV for my laptop monitor and could see everything just fine.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

mewse posted:

Eat poo poo bad TV havers :smug:

It's not even that, it's the obsession with size of the tv to the detriment of any sort of quality in the actual screen. Yeah you got a 60 inch tv but it's a horrible LCD with awful viewing angles. Hey why can't I see anything dark?

GrAviTy84 posted:

Its gotta be more than just lovely TVs. I watched it on my laptop on half brightness and still was able to see things.

Also: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-key_lighting

For the photo/cinematography newbs. Not everything has to be fully lit. They shot it that dark intentionally.

I don't know, a lot of lovely and even average tvs just crush grays to black and have really bad contrast in dark areas.

precision posted:

I use a "lovely" cheap LED TV for my laptop monitor and could see everything just fine.

You answered your own question there - LED. LCDs are fine for bright commercials but they are often poor choices for a wide range of content.

Enderzero fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 14, 2014

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Settle down Eugene.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Your TV sucks. I know this because I'm smarter than you.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

spankmeister posted:

Your TV sucks. I know this because I'm smarter than you.

A high definition LED TV with local dimming and full motion interpolation at 240 Hz? I believe that right there is a TV fully worth preordering.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Enderzero posted:

A high definition LED TV with local dimming and full motion interpolation at 240 Hz? I believe that right there is a TV fully worth preordering.

Ew interpolation. Make it staaaaaahp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

GrAviTy84 posted:

It takes a few months, starts civil, amicable, over time the WROL changes the people and causes them to do the rapething to the family.

Yeah if my husband killed the men that were attempting to rape me and my children I too would drag them to the midst of the undead.

• Locked thread