Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I genuinely like it when Beth sings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

This rules, very glad to see Korea survived the zombies.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

xcore posted:

So I'm no longer hate watching this show, I'm now just despondantly staring at the screen with no emotion.
That's stupid, find something better to do.

xcore posted:

Do people feel that zombies are not even a threat in this show anymore? The only drama when it comes to advesaries seems to be other humans that they cross.
Yes that's the point of the show. People are the real monsters, Carol died and is reborn as the Angel of Death, Beth is kawaii.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Enderzero posted:

This last episode was a great honeypot for catching people with lovely tvs. I'm sorry your $200 walmart special shows anything not shot in direct sunlight as inky blackness.

I'm sorry you're so terrible.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Settle down Eugene.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Good luck Beth

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Really good episode and I really like this show a lot more when Rick's not in it.

Edit: Oh man this thread's bad again, can we go back to the first few pages?

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 18, 2014

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

People zombifying in weird places without us knowing what happened is one of the fun creepy parts of the show, of course people here want it explained.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

fleshweasel posted:

Yeah my new strategy for making it through this show involves a lot of fast forwarding. The pacing is really really bad. The one group per episode thing is not working in their favor. They did not have 50 minutes of material between driving to Atlanta and carol getting hit, but boy did they wish they did.

It's even more fun to not watch the show at all.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I like how every episode is just a black screen where Eugene occasionally moans now, this is the Plot I've been waiting for.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

moths posted:

Wait is that seriously it?

Glenn doesn't know kung-fu or acupuncture, Michonne's a goodamn samurai, Tyreese is a pacifist babysitter, and Sasha is one of the series' only points of light. Yeah, Rosita's hot - but she's also been the only level-headed voice of reason in tense situations.

It's like TWD's writers are deliberately working against the grain on stereotypes, which is something I applaud. Calling them out in the thread title over a single bad thing one black character did (that anyone could have done in that situation) seems disingenuous at best.

People still make "haha there can only be one black person on the show" jokes in season 5 in spite of Tyreese and Gabriel and Michonne and Sasha and until very recently Bob, and now Noah.

But yeah this is obvious joking either way. TERMINUS ISN'T CANNIBALS guy was no joke and it ruled.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Bob was the ultimate scapegoat for last year's terrible posters to pin everything on, and now look what happens. Come back Bob

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The point is we're all dead, this episode got to that well enough.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

socialsecurity posted:

No its not find more then one person complaining about the lack of stabplosions

I'd say "read the live watch posts every time there's a dialogue heavy scene" but don't, no one deserves that.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

nutranurse posted:

It was amazing seeing people live-tweet while Lizzie killed Mika.

Nothing compared to when Lizzie killed Karen.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

No the season's over, sorry.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Will there be anything but build up for the mid season finale assault on the hospital this episode? I'm taking bets.

Dawn and Tara going to kiss.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'd kind of love it if New Bob wasn't actually running back to Dawn but instead saw that both groups are crazy and just books it out of there. And then runs into Gabriel and they become woodsbros.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

According to Dale the virus slows the growth of plants so it's hard to tell how much time has passed.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Morgan is played by a better actor than just about everyone else on the show and good acting is fun.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm glad the Hospital Rescue wasn't just a big action set piece. Maybe they blew their budget on Terminus earlier in the season and the rest benefited from that. Really dug this half season even if there were still some bad parts. I like the calm version of Monster Rick and it's a good development from where he was in season 4.

I still think Tyrese is Jesus and I'll miss Beth and Bob. Maggie will die during the mid-season finale in season 6 I guess.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

You're all ugly when you post.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Myself and my fiance have just finished marathon watching walking dead and finished with the mid season finale with Beth dying.
After finding this thread and reading the last ten pages of it I have to say you are all loving retarded!
You think this is bad? You should have read this thread during season 4.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

With Beth gone who's the new cutest character? Is it Glenn? Can someone post a diagram?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Well we've already met a one eyed villainous dog so that's not too far fetched.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

precision posted:

Are you, what, are you asking for some kind of... Glenn Diagram?!

Holy cow

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

unlimited shrimp posted:

What the hell do I watch now that it's on hiatus.

Boardwalk Empire is gone. Mad Men is gone. True Detective is gone. Walking Dead is gone. I'm pretending Gotham is gone. They're all gone.

I recommend My Cat From Hell.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Pharmaskittle posted:

So, credit where it's due to them for not making shameless eye candy out of people who it'd be very easy for.

I mean this is one of the first shots of her in the show and the camera lingered on it:

All she did was pose cutely and not talk for like six episodes before they let her become an actual person. There's not really any problem with doing that with one character when the rest of the cast completely avoids that kind of thing, but they totally did it.

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 4, 2014

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

That's the guy who played Shane right?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Post Racial Thread S5: Glenn Diagrams

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Season 5 Part 2 spoilers:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

You-gene's Eyebrows

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Be good, people. No rudeness in the Dead Thread.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Jake Armitage posted:

I'm not sure running down the cop with a car and then shooting him in the head is even all that grey, really. But even if the group isn't "the bad guys" I think its fair to say they aren't the good guys either.
My man Tyreese is definitely the good guy and I hope he outlives all these clowns.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I can't get enough of Emily Kinney's horrible dancing. http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/09/emily-kinney-walking-dead-rockstar-music-video/

yeah yeah :3:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Jake Armitage posted:

Man that video was gritty as gently caress.

Hell yeah look at her hat.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Grin and Tonic posted:

She really needs to put some oomph in her singing imo, it would make it a lot better, less airy Betty Boop thing going on. I say this as someone who sort of liked Beth's singing voice on the show.

I honestly do think she has a good voice but she badly needs a writer and producer who have any idea what they're doing. Then she can achieve True Kawaii.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

They probably wouldn't have done anything character-wise with her at all once her story ended, like Glenn, Maggie, and Daryl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Maggie has been here since nearly the beginning and they've done less with her character in the last two years than they've done with a character added so we could have a Sexy Soldier costume. I would have rather kept Beth.

• Locked thread