Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Cunty

Abraham Lincoln was assassinated April 14th, 1865 at Ford's Theatre in Washington, DC, while attending a play with his wife. He was shot in the back of the head by noted stage actor and Confederate sympathizer John Wilkes Boothe. Although toilet paper had been invented 8 years previous, it would not becoming commercially available until the 1880's. It is very likely that President Lincoln, Mrs. Lincoln and Mr. Boothe all had poopy butts on the night of the assassination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty

The Seven Years Wars is considered to have ended with the signing of the Treaty of Paris in 1763. Although Britain was victorious, the British Prime Minister, Lord Bute, did not want to aggravate France toward another war, and generously ceded several profitable regions, including the territory of Guadeloupe, to France, while retaining less important territories, such as Canada. The duty on tea reached an all-time high in the mid-18th century, with tea taxes upward of 119%. Tea was so expensive that servants regularly stole tea stores from their employers, replacing them with used tea leaves, dirt and even dried horse manure. Lord Bute probably was drinking a poop slurry while reviewing the terms of the treaty.

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
How poopy was Abraham Lincoln's butt on the night of his assassination? Next on the History Channel.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

"splinter free" toilet paper wasn't introduced until 1935

Senior Management

did you know that stuff happened before now maybe even before you were alive that impacts the world today? Also butt cleanliness technology can only improve with time.

Senior Management

I invented the toilet de-squirreler a decade after the invention of the toilet. Those first ten years were rough. Squirrel bites were at an all-time high.

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
To many urban Americans in the 1970’s, fighting their way through the traffic’s din and gagging on air heavy with exhaust fumes, the automobile is a major villain in the sad tale of atmospheric pollution. Yet they have forgotten, or rather never knew, that the predecessor of the auto was also a major polluter. The faithful, friendly horse was charged with creating the very problems today attributed to the automobile: air contaminants harmful to health, noxious odors, and noise. At the beginning of the twentieth century, in fact, writers in popular and scientific periodicals were decrying the pollution of the public streets and demanding “the banishment of the horse from American cities” in vigorous terms. The presence of 120,000 horses in New York City, wrote one 1908 authority for example, is “an economic burden, an affront to cleanliness, and I can hardly enforce the law with all this poopy everywhere. I chased a criminal and lost him in the poopy.” The solution to the problem, agreed the critics, was the adoption of the “horseless carriage.”

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

WetNightmare posted:

I can hardly enforce the law with all this poopy everywhere. I chased a criminal and lost him in the poopy.”

Lil Cunty

Poop wasn't the only disgusting problem to plague history.

Queen Victoria of England declared herself Empress of India on January 1st, 1877, taking the name Victoria Regina et Imperatrix. However, as tampons would not be patented until 1933, she was most likely wearing an old bloody rag tied to a belt around her waist at the time.

tao of lmao

Mustard gas during WWI remains one of the most horrific things I can imagine. Gross, inhumane, debilitating.

wikipedia posted:

Mustard gas has extremely powerful vesicant effects on its victims. In addition, it is strongly mutagenic and carcinogenic, due to its alkylating properties. It is also lipophilic. Because people exposed to mustard gas rarely suffer immediate symptoms, and mustard-contaminated areas may appear completely normal, victims can unknowingly receive high dosages. Within 24 hours of exposure to mustard agent, victims experience intense itching and skin irritation, which gradually turns into large blisters filled with yellow fluid wherever the mustard agent contacted the skin. These are chemical burns and are very debilitating. Mustard gas vapour easily penetrates clothing fabrics such as wool or cotton, so it is not only the exposed skin of victims that gets burned. If the victim's eyes were exposed then they become sore, starting with conjunctivitis, after which the eyelids swell, resulting in temporary blindness. Miosis may also occur, which is probably the result from the cholinomimetic activity of mustard.[9] At very high concentrations, if inhaled, mustard agent causes bleeding and blistering within the respiratory system, damaging mucous membranes and causing pulmonary edema. Depending on the level of contamination, mustard gas burns can vary between first and second degree burns, though they can also be every bit as severe, disfiguring and dangerous as third degree burns.[10] Severe mustard gas burns (i.e. where more than 50% of the victim's skin has been burned) are often fatal, with death occurring after some days or even weeks have passed. Mild or moderate exposure to mustard agent is unlikely to kill, though victims require lengthy periods of medical treatment and convalescence before recovery is complete. The mutagenic and carcinogenic effects of mustard agent mean that victims who recover from mustard gas burns have an increased risk of developing cancer in later life.

I don't even have a joke it's just extremely hosed up.

tao of lmao

wth posted:

Mustard gas during WWI remains one of the most horrific things I can imagine. Gross, inhumane, debilitating.

i mean: Can you imagine the poops....on mustard gas?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

complete with red knob

Full-Bodied Flavor

man size pressure pack is a good username

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
The Broad Street cholera outbreak was a severe outbreak of cholera that occurred near Broad Street in Soho district of London, England in 1854. This outbreak is best known for the physician John Snow's study of the outbreak and his discovery that cholera is spread by poo water. This discovery came to influence public health and the construction of improved poo water facilities beginning in the 19th century. Later, the term "focus of infection" would be used to describe places like the Broad Street pump in which conditions are ripe for transmission of poo water.

Diqnol

Ever hear of a little book called The Tale of Two Lovers? It was wildly popular back in the 15th century as a raunchy love novel. Get this: It was written by future pope Pius II.

Full-Bodied Flavor

It's common knowledge that Adolf Hitler committed suicide on April 30, 1945. But did you know when you die you poop your pants? Recently released Soviet military documents from the time have this to say, quote "When we came across A. Hitlers corpse there was a pungent spell, as we approached closer comrade Ivan cried out 'THERE IS POOP.. EVERYWHERE' we quickly realised what he meant. The poop was everywhere." end quote. Fascinating stuff.

Diqnol

Manchurian mothers thought there were multiple benefits to sucking the dicks of their male children. You might better know the Manchu peoples as the Qing Dynasty of China.

cuntman.net

one time i went camping and there were no toilets there and i had to poop in a bush it was disgusting imagine when they didnt have toilets and people always had to poop in a bush ugh just ugh

verily carefree

jesus never knew the pleasure of "poo poo shower shave" every morning

Lil Cunty

Famous 17th century microscopist Anton van Leeuwenhoek, often referred to as "The Father of Microbiology", discovered that living organisms existed in deposits on the teeth (now known as dental plaque). Experimentation resulted in him correctly concluding that brandy and vinegar, the two leading mouthwashes at that time, did nothing to eliminate these organisms and in certain instances made them more prolific. Disregarding this information, Leeuwenhoek went on to marry and presumably kiss two women, first Barbara de Mey in 1654 and then Cornelia Swalmius in 1671.

Diqnol

In medieval England, the poor were truly a pitiable lot. Often times entire families would only have one set of clothes per person, forcing them to clean their clothes at night to dry for morning, if at all. This wasn't an issue during the summer, but during the winter these same destitute families would have only one blanket to share and little to no insulation. That's right, if you were a poor englishperson, you probably had to nakedly spoon with your parents and siblings to keep warm on a winter night.

ulvir

wth posted:

the worst part of mustard gas is that, somehow, some caremad butthurt austrian managed to survive it

tao of lmao

ulvir posted:

the worst part of mustard gas is that, somehow, some caremad butthurt austrian managed to survive it

but did he wipe his bum?

ulvir

wth posted:

but did he wipe his bum?

he seemed very particular about his grooming. keeping a clean shaved face, hair trimmed neatly and never letting his 'stache grow unruly, so I would assume so

Lil Cunty

King Henry VIII was severely injured when thrown from his horse in a jousting competition in 1536. His heavily-armored horse then fell on him, partially crushing his legs. Although the bones would heal, he suffered from infected leg ulcers for the rest of his life. Court physicians agreed that the best way to treat the infections was with constant lancing and draining of the sores, usually with a hot poker. One particularly bad lesion on his thigh seeped constantly, and the smell of burnt flesh and infection, described as "appalling" and "persistent", could be identified from 3 rooms away. Despite this, Henry VIII went on to consummate 6 more marriages. Considering Henry weighed over 400 lbs at the time of his death and missionary position was considered the only godly form of copulation, it is safe to assume that sex with the king always ended in being covered with rancid sweat and leg pus.

Lil Cunty

WD-40 posted:

King Henry VIII was severely injured when thrown from his horse in a jousting competition in 1536. His heavily-armored horse then fell on him, partially crushing his legs. Although the bones would heal, he suffered from infected leg ulcers for the rest of his life. Court physicians agreed that the best way to treat the infections was with constant lancing and draining of the sores, usually with a hot poker. One particularly bad lesion on his thigh seeped constantly, and the smell of burnt flesh and infection, described as "appalling" and "persistent", could be identified from 3 rooms away. Despite this, Henry VIII went on to consummate 6 more marriages. Considering Henry weighed over 400 lbs at the time of his death and missionary position was considered the only godly form of copulation, it is safe to assume that sex with the king always ended in being covered with rancid sweat and leg pus.

i actually imagine it was similar to being crushed under a giant, rotting italian sub

tao of lmao

WD-40 posted:

i actually imagine it was similar to being crushed under a giant, rotting italian sub

:gonk:

History is gross!

Portland, Maine claims to be the birthplace of the "Italian sandwich" and it is considered Maine's signature sandwich. What they don't tell you is the sandwich originally consisted of hunks of Henry VIII's rotting leg puss flesh.

Lil Cunty

The first documented record of syphilis in Europe was in 1494. Occuring first among French troops, it soon swept across Europe, reaching Asia by 1505 and decimating large areas of China. The Japanese were largely unaffected, due partially to the use of "glans condoms" as a guard against venereal diseases. Traditionally, glans condoms only cover the head or tip of the penis and were used throughout Europe as well as Asia. Typically, glans condoms were made out of treated animal skins or tissue membranes from the intestine and bladder. Japanese glans condoms were exceptionally effective against syphilis due to their strength and inability to tear, as they were made from tortoise shell or animal horn and were applied to the end of the penis with a vigorous screwing or threading motion.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

WD-40 posted:

:stonk:

WD-40 posted:

The first documented record of syphilis in Europe was in 1494. Occuring first among French troops, it soon swept across Europe, reaching Asia by 1505 and decimating large areas of China. The Japanese were largely unaffected, due partially to the use of "glans condoms" as a guard against venereal diseases. Traditionally, glans condoms only cover the head or tip of the penis and were used throughout Europe as well as Asia. Typically, glans condoms were made out of treated animal skins or tissue membranes from the intestine and bladder. Japanese glans condoms were exceptionally effective against syphilis due to their strength and inability to tear, as they were made from tortoise shell or animal horn and were applied to the end of the penis with a vigorous screwing or threading motion.

:cry:

Afro Doug

if you think about it, every bowel movemment we've ever made was in the past. pretty fuckin gross imho

Full-Bodied Flavor

Afro Doug posted:

if you think about it, every bowel movemment we've ever made was in the past. pretty fuckin gross imho

or in the present in the case of you writing your posts :smugmrgw:

joke_explainer

WD-40 posted:

Lil Cunty

The clyster reached the ultimate height in the early years of the reign of Louis XIV (1638-1715) who, it is reported, had over 2,000 enemas during his career. The "Enema King" sometimes even held court functions and received visitors during the procedure.

Royal enema waste could be procured as a royal blessing, with prices for a royal bm exceeding several farthings per ounce. In modern bitcoin parlance, this equals $410/bitcoin

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
'd

Thormachine

The national past time of baseball was solidified in 1845. Certainly it existed in some fashion with many different names and rulesets before hand. But in 1845 Alexander Cartwright codified the rules to basically what they are to this day. One of his main points of contention with previous rules was to remove the ability to tag someone out by throwing the ball at them (What the gently caress?) They were coined the Knickerbocker Rules and were finally utilized on June 19th 1846 when the New York Knickerbockers played against the New York Nine in what is formally called the first modern game of baseball.

At the same time Dr J Marion Sims was determined to find a surgical solution to vaginal fistulas. Armed with all his medical know how and a group of slave women he performed multiple operations without anesthetic on these women from the years of 1845 to 1849. One lucky lady had the foresight to "consent" to 30 surgeries in this time in which the area from her rectum to her bladder was sliced open and restitched over and over again until the surgery was a success.

Think of a scalpel running across the fresh stitches in your taint whenever you think of baseball. I know I do!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
o god what why did u do this

clammy

WD-40 posted:

I really don't understand how that would stay on

City of Glompton

wow, I don't often think about how gross history is, but it truly stinks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

clammy posted:

I really don't understand how that would stay on

lol virgin

• Locked thread