Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i always thought the final 3 system was set up to actively dissuade people from making f3 alliances, because it was so obvious that a f3 wouldn't work :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

i always thought the final 3 system was set up to actively dissuade people from making f3 alliances, because it was so obvious that a f3 wouldn't work :shrug:

Except F4 is a nightmare without a F3 alliance.

You have to take your most trustworthy 2 friends to F4 in order to ensure you survive it. You're not going to forget that trust as soon as F4 is over.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

the trick is to have a super duper 2 within the final 3

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

the trick is to have a super duper 2 within the final 3

This is the truth, but getting that done in complete secret is very unlikely, at which point your 3rd will jump ship at F4.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmm capps is right. That's not how we played it out but if people did it that way then I think the complaints about the F3 system dry up.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It seemed there was pretty clearly an f2 within that f3

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

It seemed there was pretty clearly an f2 within that f3

No, there wasn't.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

To be clear here, I'm not saying that you guys weren't in an alliance with carpet or anything. I'm not saying you guys didn't like her or want her to be in the f3 or that you played dishonestly.

I understand how and why it played it out and I don't think you guys did anything bad, but you were closer to each other and wanted each other to win. There was a de facto F2 between you and FL.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hm, I think there wasn't. Just read my confessionals from during the f4; they were entirely about how Carpet and I needed to crossvote in the f3, right? So clearly I didn't have a secret two with Asiina within the 3. I think for you to call it a de facto f2, Asiina and I would have to be going into the f2 knowing for sure we were getting each other's votes and I think all the confessionals really prove that that wasn't settled. Even throughout the final day I was going back and forth, thinking I was definitely voting Carpet for a few hours, then thinking I owed it to Asiina for a few hours, and so on.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think it just worked out that way.

Read our confessionals. FL and I struggled with who we would vote for and just happened to vote for each other. That is not at all the same as having a plan of "the two of us will vote for each other and let the third person decide."

I mean, as someone who was supposedly part of this F2 I think I have the authority to say that it didn't exist.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
FL, you responding at the same time just makes it look worse!

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

maybe final 3 should unironically be qwop...........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Do you know what would make Pop Contest better imo? Less time that you have to spend playing it. Why not sign up for One Weekend Ultimate Reality Game!

• Locked thread