Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
This looks amazing, sign me up please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Clearly the waiting list should play a mini-game of Popularity Contest where the winning player goes into the main game :)

(I have no issue expanding the roster size)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh, with Murmur. Of course.

:ssh:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##haikusubmitforpoquemunity

The following is
A list of reasons kittens
Are better than pups:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I complete this poem
AS noted by the colon.
All things favor cats.

I think your first line
pronounced the singular form
of "Poetry" wrong

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

To anyone wondering, I've been gone from phone/computer access since roughly 5pm EST yesterday and am just catching up on the game now. If anyone wants to talk (game or otherwise; I'm just chilling out at home today) I'm on gchat at shellymoonbeam @ gmail and am really friendly and cool :)

HulkaMatt posted:

look i just want to know: WHY a yankee cap?

ftfy

Poque posted:

I am more than happy to be chill with anybody in this game. Hi, everybody.

Hi Poque!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm trying to install/set up Skype and wow this interface is ugly and clunky. Do people really use this?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

mr.capps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY
(soundtrack to this post)

Or you guys can quit and let me win the game.

Haha this is beautiful!

I give you my word - if two other people quit, I will probably also leave the game to show my support.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

i actually like how much of a hilarious disaster it is

hmu on skype today~

mr.capps posted:

No, that only happens if both people in the pair are paranoid and don't think they have more points than each other.

mr.capps posted:

PINTREST MOM ALREADY HAS A FINAL TWO PARTNER
*GASPPPPPPS

P.M. wants PMs
From Mister Capps, who gasps. Pair
annoyed / paranoid

##haikusubmitforpoquemunity

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MildManeredManikin posted:

Also that is the worst haiku I have ever read.

Poque posted:

please vote me out day 3.

Poque agrees with you,
MildManeredManikin -
Worst. Haiku. Ever.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poque posted:

probably because he's not funny at all

mr.capps posted:

SURPRISINGLY NOT FUNNY

Whaaaat get the gently caress outta here, I love Stanhope.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Nexal posted:

Ice cream van left already unfortunately. I hope it will come back sometime around next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WIQdFCK1fs

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mad Rancher posted:

Mario party is a very skillful game. So full of skill. If you win, it is because you are the best player.

I once lost a game of Mario Party to someone who fell asleep about 3/4ths of the way in. :(

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Did an ice cream truck really come by at 2am on a Tuesday morning in December? I feel so stupid for not expecting that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Boooooo now I'm stuck sitting in a traffic jam AND I'm game dead AND I can't even read stupid confessionals until I get home :(

Good game all, no hard feelings and I wish you all sanity and the best of luck :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

If that's the one with an idol please go back in time and resend, thanks

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Congrats Fast Luck, good game all!

winvirus posted:

I am always open to suggestions

1. Maybe change the way players vote to be a form on the "Submit Confessionals" page? That would make life easier for Winnie, and would also encourage people to write confessionals as they submit their vote. I mentioned this to winnie earlier - I feel like if someone was smart with bots/scripts (a la votefinder) this game could be completely automated (in regards to tallying votes, announcing eliminations at deadline, and processing point exchanges).

2. Maybe make the application process slightly more involved? Obviously you can't stop lurking (and some can argue it's a valid strategy), but I do feel like the game is funner with as much participation as possible, which ultimately comes down to the players. Also, maybe a big THIS GAME CAN BE STRESSFUL, ARE YOU SUUUUURE YOU WANT TO PLAY? warning when you take signups next time :)

3. I'd be curious to see an iteration of this game with chatlogs banned. I felt like the ability to show entire conversations to other people and letting them judge the words/tone of it had too much of an effect on trust - with enemies I didn't actually want to say anything for fear of being logged, and with friends it was too easy to just paste whole conversations to show that "yes, I'm definitely being honest". I know faking chatlogs was a possibility but I don't think anyone ever actually considered it/did it?

4. If you want a minor tweak that could change gameplay towards the end, maybe award 2 or 3 (or like 100) points for every vote that kills someone instead of just 1? It would have the effect of being "the hinky vote" less desirable and making point totals tougher to calculate without really changing the game too much.

But other than that, I like the simplicity of the rules of this game. I agree that the jury system would make this feel too much like Survivor or Big Brother and like that point management is a relevant factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

(On point number 4 - awarding 3 points instead of 1 doesn't change anything about the math. Points don't have absolute value, they have value relative to other points, so just multiplying every number by 3 changes absolutely nothing.)

:eng99:

How about X points per kill vote where X is the game day? This would make getting the vote "correct" more important as the game goes on.

Maybe it wouldn't make a difference, I just like brainstorming.

• Locked thread