Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Did Bonnar just win because I saw the end of the fight and both guys looked like a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Tito's on a winning streak!

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I was unable to watch this as I refuse to believe Spike TV exists. Someone post Bonnar's bitch tits.

It'll have to be a gif because unless you get the bounce you don't get the full picture

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

1st AD posted:

Did Bonnar just win because I saw the end of the fight and both guys looked like a mess.

No, Tito won a pretty clear 30-27 and somehow the judges hosed it up and he only got a split decision win.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bonnar's theatrics are worse than Tito's. This whole thing reeks of z league pro wrestling.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

It'll have to be a gif because unless you get the bounce you don't get the full picture

Bellator sounds like a magical place.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
wow, okami got stopped by dave branch?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Who?

Edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIu7-mx6uBY
Oh

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Triticum Guzzler posted:

joe silva is a genius

also as i thought would happen,

1st AD posted:

I dunno, the first Chandler/Brooks was good but I feel like Chandler is gonna lose again and worse and I will promptly stop giving a poo poo about him.

so how quickly did this go down

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
http://gfycat.com/ClutteredFocusedFirebelliedtoad for the Brooks/Chandler finish

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

:smith:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Not having seen the fight and knowing how it played out in the previous rounds I'm just gonna make the observation that Okami is a guy who just cannot take a punch at all and if he can't wrestle when he gets hurt the chances he's gonna get stopped are real high.

I think it's a reflection of how awful the UFC middleweight division was circa 2006-2012 that nobody but Anderson could capitalize on this

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

if he can't wrestle when he gets hurt

Yeah, this has always been his problem. Also, being a balding robot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

That's really loving weird. i missed that driving home from work. What led up to it?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Captain Log posted:

That's really loving weird. i missed that driving home from work. What led up to it?

It looked weird live but on the replay made a lot more sense

Brooks hit Chandler right in the temple, Chandler was still on his feet but completely, completely out of it

He tried to wave off his own fight, the ref didn't know exactly what was going on so he let it continue for a bit but Chandler was turning around and not doing a single thing to defend himself on the feet so after a few more strikes, it was stopped

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It looks like Chandler was calling for an eyepoke but I can't tell what the gently caress is going on there.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It looks like Chandler was calling for an eyepoke but I can't tell what the gently caress is going on there.

There was no eyepoke though, he got hit square in the temple and just went full retard for a bit

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah but lots of people think they were poked in the eye when it was actually a punch. I was just rationalizing the pointing and his waving off the fight.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
It's also hard to see in the .gif, but i think they said he spiked his head to on that takedown attempt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
That Bellator TV card was really fun. Aside from, :ortiz:, the mournfully horrendous main event which was indistinguishable from two elderly pensioners fighting over the last handicapped space in a Food Lion parking lot. When Bonnar fell off the steroid cycle, he apparently also fell down an elevator shaft as well, receiving the battlescars of massive gyno in the process.

The Chandler TKO is one for the ages. I watched it closely. I thought he might of spiked his head during the botched trip as well, but on closer inspection he landed pretty gently. It was all him getting his brain rebooted by that hook. Waking death, pretty much. Brooks really had his number, Chandler had nothing at all for him except that slick 0% takedown rate, yeesh.

Still guffawing aloud that the Bellator card had more name power than the UFC PPV. I hardly watch them but I'm actually impressed with the production values, commentary, and comical pro wrestling entrances. Not the camerawork though, it's totally vile. Yuck

• Locked thread