Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
C A T S

CATS CATS CATS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
:dance:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The best way to get out of this hole is to stop playing defense, yes.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

LMAO at this rebounding contrast.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

Clean block

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
These refs . . .

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
Cleanest block in the history of basketball

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Going to be a good year. Go Cats

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

God drat, UK has only given up 7 field goals in the last 30 minutes they've played

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

First pretty KU shot of the game.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

All 10 Kentucky players have scored.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

If Booker was shooting normally, we'd be up 25+

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Take a vodka shot every time you hear the term "platoon."

And die by halftime.

It's a tempting game right now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Is there a scrub platoon of four star walkons for garbage time? Which I expect to be the whole second half.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

I hate that word as well, friend

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

2 platoons that either of which could beat my team by 40 points

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I am only 90% certain that KU can win the Big XII right now.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Aaron Harrison is goddamn cold blooded

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I will never get over how old Perry Ellis looks

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You can't play Dakari 1 on 1

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Kentucky is going to beat us by 35+ lol

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

Kentucky is going to beat us by 35+ lol

And just like that it's a 9 pt game

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

ScooterMcTiny posted:

And just like that it's a 9 pt game

Don't think he's talking about KU.

Though I think South Carolina is going to have an okay year if they can hang close to Baylor. But that might be my Frank Martin love showing.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

Got lazy, can't play at 50% against Kansas

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Don't think he's talking about KU.

Though I think South Carolina is going to have an okay year if they can hang close to Baylor. But that might be my Frank Martin love showing.

Correct on both counts (I hope). We should be improved this year, but we won't be challenging for any kind of postseason until 2015, probably.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Offense was pretty meh for the last 10 minutes of the half. Left a lot to be desired.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

RumbleFish posted:

Correct on both counts (I hope). We should be improved this year, but we won't be challenging for any kind of postseason until 2015, probably.

Frank Martin took a good (definitely not great) K-State team to the elite eight. Don't count yourself out!

Also gently caress Frank Martin.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

Offense will probably improve, UK always does poorly in the first half of big games early in the season. (UK-Kansas 2012, UK-UNC 2012, UK-Mich. St last year, etc.)

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008
Can they go more than two minutes without talking about the loving platoon system? WE GET IT. And blue team/white team? Let's just call it the starters and the backups like with everybody else.

I think Bill Self made a pretty smart gameplan by having his guys drive directly into the Kentucky length. Really worked out well. "Running downhill" or whatever he called it in the pregame interview, excellent cross-sports analogy.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Which platoon is Drake in? (heh heh)

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

Suck a Dick No Homo posted:

Can they go more than two minutes without talking about the loving platoon system? WE GET IT.

Nope. Prepare to be bludgeoned with it.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
lol the NCAA must be so pissed that they're leading every break with the college football playoffs on their spotlight night for basketball

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Can they go more than two minutes without talking about the loving platoon system? WE GET IT. And blue team/white team? Let's just call it the starters and the backups like with everybody else.

I'm not really watching so there might be something obvious I'm missing, but how is this different from the old Roy Williams line changes back in his early Kansas years?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I think Bill Self made a pretty smart gameplan by having his guys drive directly into the Kentucky length. Really worked out well. "Running downhill" or whatever he called it in the pregame interview, excellent cross-sports analogy.

Well, the team doesn't really have any 3-pointer strength, and hasn't since Morningstar left.

Thing is, they keep going on and on about Kentucky's size like it's all pluses with no minuses, when in reality, that can get a team in trouble in terms of backcourt play and the like. If they face a team that pressures well and hits all their 3-pointers in the tourney, they could be in trouble. If I'm Calipari, I go with Lyle in the starters to have some better passing play.

But that team is some Big East squad or a Cinderella. It's not Kansas, and the inside-out is looking like poo poo against them. I don't know why KU in't upping the tempo, especially since they were so gleeful about it with Santa Barbara. The only scoring they're going to get is like in the last minutes with fast-break plays.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 19, 2014

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

I would be really happy if Poythress would stop taking 3's pretty much ever

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

Gripe about the Platoon: Kansas goes zone and Cal won't put in Booker or Lyles to play the wing. Poythress hinders us when he's just a "corner shooter"

Inaction Jackson
Feb 28, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

But that team is some Big East squad or a Cinderella. It's not Kansas, and the inside-out is looking like poo poo against them. I don't know why KU in't upping the tempo, especially since they were so gleeful about it with Santa Barbara. The only scoring they're going to get is like in the last minutes with fast-break plays.
It's not even inside out. I don't remember a single entry pass this game.

We're just driving blindly into the paint without looking to pass.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Oooh, Bill Self is so mad he's just smiling. rip ku

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

and you get a foul, and you, and you as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Inaction Jackson posted:

It's not even inside out. I don't remember a single entry pass this game.

We're just driving blindly into the paint without looking to pass.

Part of that is (probably justifiable) fears about length, and the other is Mason being an idiot ball hog half the time.

• Locked thread