Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Neeew paaaaage?

I think I'll make a new thread tonight or something this is annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I know RPGs are buggy, but I didn't know that was a trait shared by RPG forum threads.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I've actually been wondering for a while what's with all the "sacrifice" posts.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GoneRampant posted:

I've actually been wondering for a while what's with all the "sacrifice" posts.

The thread eats the first four posts on every page.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

It the control panel always tells me the thread has 4 unread posts and it drives me crazy

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Yeah new thread please, this thread is pretty tough to make load on the mobile app.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Xibanya posted:

Yeah new thread please, this thread is pretty tough to make load on the mobile app.

It's not the mobile app, it's that ZDR posted four times in this thread then one night all of his posts got deleted (I'm unsure why) so now all his old posts are weird ghost posts that always show as unread. There's also one phantom post in the F4 thread and a few in the FFXV thread, which is why they closed it.

Basically, as soon as a page reaches 36 posts, the remainder is invisible until five more posts are made and a new page starts :shrug:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Wolfsheim posted:

It's not the mobile app, it's that ZDR posted four times in this thread then one night all of his posts got deleted (I'm unsure why) so now all his old posts are weird ghost posts that always show as unread. There's also one phantom post in the F4 thread and a few in the FFXV thread, which is why they closed it.

Basically, as soon as a page reaches 36 posts, the remainder is invisible until five more posts are made and a new page starts :shrug:

I know why. I mentioned the mobile app because when I try to load the thread in the mobile app it hangs on the last page. The thread loads without problems on desktop.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

omg just make a new thread

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
or just let this topic die

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Bioware is dead anyway

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
It was spoiled for me that Solas is the main bad guy of the game but with zero context. I think I must surely be 2/3rds through the game (I'm past the Orlesian ball and tracked down the the baddie getting the Wardens to do blood magic) and have been looking for this twist to be telegraphed and not seeing it. If people weren't loving with me, it's gonna be a hell of an rear end pull for Solas to be, like, the Elder One or something.

Also I'm not going to read any spoilered replies to this until I beat the game. Which will hopefully be soon because I'm almost 40 hours in and I'm ready to wrap it up and move on to other video games in my backlog.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

yeah, you're pretty close to the end of the base game. there's only 1 real big set piece after those 2 things.

the Trespasser dlc is the real ending though, so you'll still have like 5ish hours left after the base game if you don't plan on doing the other dlcs, which are mostly lore stuff that clarifies some things but not necessary to the plot as a whole.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Here have a new thread with no ZDR deleted posts bug

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842429

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Shugojin posted:

Here have a new thread with no ZDR deleted posts bug

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842429

Awesome. I will close this one since it's so busted.

• Locked thread