Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Brother Yak

Brother Yak is a mighty warrior, who guards Sister Yak and Mother-To-All and keeps them entertained with his singing and dancing. He is beloved to his family, and without him they would be fearful. Once he leapt over the highest mountain in the world to show the demons of hate the enormity of his power, and once he ate a whole spicy-leaf bush to make Sister Yak laugh when she was sad and did not make milk. He loves all good people and he loves his friends, who were just as good as family to him. Sometimes before really big fights, his friends would tie ribbons around his horns and feet, and put a quilted cloak over his back, or during a strength contest they might give him a harness so he could pull a mountain instead of push it. But they all died in the frost or left when the harvests failed.

Every year, on the shortest night, Brother Yak would come through all the villages and paints the horns and tails of all the Yaks in red and blue stripes as a joke. Holding a paintbrush in his mouth! How could he do it in such little time? Everybody laughs and drinks and jokes and has feasts the next day! What fun it used to be before it got cold and people started dying of frost and the harvests failed.

Strength: [+4] What is the strongest animal? The wooly mammoth of course! But who animal uses his strength the best? Brother Yak. If you need a thing to be borne on a long journey or pushed and pulled to a hard place, he's the one to ask. And when things are getting a little too much, he can step back and think up a way to use his strength better instead of just pressing and pressing. He's never been bested in a contest or a fight, because the wooly mammoths and the elephants weren't clever enough or hard-working enough to overcome Brother Yak, and no small animals or demons can stand up to him.

Passion: [+4] Brother Yak loves everyone. Except the bad people and the demons of hate who try to destroy. He's passionate about fighting them! He's got a warm heart that can make anybody feel better. He loves to hear other people talk, and to help them out. He's so full of passion that he stayed warm even when everybody else got chilled. They all hugged to him to stay warm as long as they could, and he told jokes to make them happy.

Bullheaded: [-2] When Brother Yak gets an idea in his head, he doesn't change his mind easily. He keeps trying and trying long after he's made a fool of himself and trampled all over everything. But his friends still love him.

The Herd: [-2] Sister Yak died in the frost when she tried to carry new babies to all the good people. Mother-To-All is missing from the sky, she went to go find a new harvest that wouldn't wither in the cold. What is Brother Yak going to do without them? He's lost and lonely and doesn't have his other friends from the villages anymore, so now who is going to tie ribbons in his hair and fit him in his harness and armor?

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Puppies are dicks posted:

I... I can't find a single thing to question or comment on regarding this God. It's like the platonic ideal of a yak, only without the spitting, horrible lanolin grease, and yak-stench. (which I am assuming he has in divine quantities)

What stench?
I also just wanted to clarify that Mother-To-All is not supposed to be the sun, she worked on the earth all day and went to sleep as a constellation at night.

I'll give an equal and fair consideration to scurrying as long as they appreciate the virtues that Brother Yak represents. And are willing to tie bells to his horns on his favorite days.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Should I just have Brother Yak shoe up wherever seems interesting?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Went to a Nepalese restaurant, had Yak for dinner. Just FYI.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Actually quite delicious. I had a goat curry and all I was thinking when I did was "this gamey stench would only be worse if it was yak."

Honestly, if it hadn't said Yak on the menu, if have thought it was just some top-shelf beef that was inexplicably tough. Nothing gross about it at all.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Did you just uh... use Passion to create a herd of yaks from the dusty soil? It's pretty much fine from a mythic creation-origin point of view as it makes as much sense as anything else but it does make for some awkward moments around the old campfire when explaining to strangers about how the mighty Yak-God saved Christmas. Because he did it by passionately pounding the dirt until more yaks came out you see.

Technically, I was using the Passion to make the people and the herd get along. The AP was meant to create them. Also I got my godgames mixed up, it's +4 Passion.

Though he may have just opened a gateway for a bunch of strays, the effect is similar.
And whatever makes the roll work, baby.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Ditto

• Locked thread