Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

What is This?
In 2012 SA held their annual Gamedev. Team Punch the Moon (WrathofBlade, snucks, Afal and myself) decided to enter with a game about Pachinko Man, a business man who is sent to Ball Hell as penance for his gambling sins. The game won second place despite being only a demo. After the official contest ended we all ended up becoming busy with work and other projects but still wanted to release something we considered finished. So over the course of two years we slowly created more assets and recently we got it to a finished state that we're happy with.

How do I Play?
You can click here or any of the images in this post. Pachinko Man can be controlled by either the mouse or keyboard. A Highly informative image will explain more:

Who Are You Guys?
We are a loose collection of goons who've been friends for nearly ten years. WrathofBlade makes a comic called Badnix, snucks did a comic called Job Dog, Afal has participated in gamedev by himself in recent years and I make music.

What Happens When I Finish the Game?
There is a very special Cage Match Mode that gets unlocked where you play as Sankyo's favorite spokesman, Nicholas Cage, as seen below:

Weird BIAS fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

This looks great and you have a Pun Pun avatar so I think I will play it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo the Jobdog guy worked on this? That comic was amazing.

8BitRedMage
Feb 18, 2011

Alright, what's this?
HORSIES!?
Fantastic!~
Pinball man is by far the best character in this game. Good work guys, it really turned out great.

Afal
Sep 4, 2012

"Tubular! Catch you on the flip side!"
Gosh WBIAS, you make it sound like "Richard Dawkins Teaches Memes" is the highpoint of my game-jamming career.

Although looking at the other stuff I've made in Ludum Dare, One Game A Month, gently caress This Jam etc, it might as well be :smith:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden. The Jon Lovitz Trilogy (may require this tool from this page). And now...

THIS. I haven't even played it yet but this is already loving brilliant even though I'm not consciously sure why. A certain je ne sais quoi.

Also, there really needs to be a definitive list of completed goon games. I wonder if it's still possible to download docfuture's/Robotnik DDS's This Cat Is Bullshit.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 17, 2014

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Bug: I used the Soul Ankh on the poltergeist and the game froze. The game, not my browser.

Edit: Tried it again and it worked this time. Also this game is awesome and THIS SONG WOW.

Edit2: Finished it. Final puzzles were great, ending was brilliant. Figured out the ending first time. I took a leap of faith and it paid off and felt awesome.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 18, 2014

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

BiggerJ posted:

Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden. The Jon Lovitz Trilogy (may require this tool from this page). And now...

THIS.
Pretty sure I speak for the entire dev team here when I say that having our work compared to CBSUaJG is a new career highlight :sax:

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Any chance of the soundtrack being uploaded anywhere? I really liked it, especially the track that plays during the printer puzzle.

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib

BiggerJ posted:

Also, there really needs to be a definitive list of completed goon games. I wonder if it's still possible to download docfuture's/Robotnik DDS's This Cat Is Bullshit.

It's called "This Cat is Horseshit" if that helps at all in finding it. I discovered I had a copy of a couple older games around (and the labtanner.org wiki didn't) a couple years ago. However, labtanner.org doesn't have that wiki anymore, and the hard drive I had those on died a painful mechanical death, so I suppose it's a matter of hunting around.

Afal
Sep 4, 2012

"Tubular! Catch you on the flip side!"
Sorry for bumping this, but I just want to point out that Pachinko Man has made it on Zoe Quinn's Top 10 Games of 2014 on Giant Bomb!

Thanks Zoe!

Afal fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 2, 2015

Wwen
Oct 13, 2006

Yes, that's why I'm now searching for a hint about the printer puzzle. T_T I am not worthy.

Ok, I figured it out and I want to take it's FACE. OFF.

Wwen fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Haha yeah, if we ever get around to doing an updated version of the game I'll probably add some more hints to that area. I'm actually pretty proud of how that puzzle turned out, though (it was really really tempting to just do a crappy stock adventure game Final Puzzle where you just shuffle items around a bunch).

• Locked thread