Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Who is "wolfy" and who is just plain terrible? Welcome to the thread where we all figure it out. No merks allowed.

Seven months ago two SA mafia alums were called to play in what is supposed to be a tournament of champions but is not really and now we can just laugh at it. Those two lucky players were merk and Mills. After a match that featured...

• A man named John McClane basically crying on every page.
  • A person who had a Yoda with a bong for an avatar.
  • A player who just did a terrible racist patois for most of the game and then pretended to be Australian?
  • "saberwolf13"
  • Just a straight up terrible town.

The scum won and both SA people could at least walk out with some dignity. merk was a high presence scum thing and somehow was voted best scum overall but not best player. Mills, on the other hand, gave his account to Gulag who happily trolled the game with virginity posts until they kicked MulagDills out.

Now it's the championship of championships and merk has been brought back. You can read the thing here. Be warned it updates really quickly. Someone has already said "in the feels."

The Players
arcbell Two Time Vigilante Mafia Lynched D6
Avin Vanilla Town Killed N3
corycurren Tough Town Decoy Killed N3
Crunkus
dbmurph22 Vanilla Town Killed N6
DWetzel
"GamerDude" Vigilante Town Killed N5
jcohen Vanilla Town Killed N1
lenC Vanilla Town Lynched D7
Luckbox Inc Town Cop Killed N4
marvellosity Town Roleblocked Bodyguard was killed N2
merk
monstrman Vanilla Mafia Lynched D3
Murska Town Jack of All Trades Killed N1
Phelanpt Vanilla Town Lynched D2
saberwolf13 Vanilla Town Killed N7
tappokone Vanilla Town Lynched D8
The Moocher
Thingyman
TommyDanger Town Doc Lynched D1
Top Tier Tom Jack of All Trades Mafia Lynched D4
traz Vanilla Town Killed N8
[s]well named
Mafia One Time Isolator Lynched D5
[s]yamato77
Roleblocker Vigilante Scum?!? was modkilled D2

So Far:
Dead Towns: 14
Dead Wolfy Wolves: 5
Remaining Players: 5

-Genie :cheeky:

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
YU BROKETH THEE RULES

rules posted:

Rules for the Champions Game
Only post / talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players. Don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums. Except for the evil team (or any masonries that might exist). They can chat privately at any time.

MAY WEREWOLF HAVE MERCY ON YUR SOUL!

-Werewolfmasterblaster78

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I guess I'm the real wolfy wolf after all!

My dream is for merk to win, and then he gives the interview with the CREATOR OF MAFIA to Gulag.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm actually going to spectate this. It's going to be a really bad game, but hell, mafia at its core is bad, so how bad can bad be?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Eight Dollars posted:

CREATOR OF MAFIA

Oh wow, I missed that. What made people think that was a good idea? I am cringing.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Who was it that fell in love with Jennifer LawMills?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I was going to go back and copy some good quotes but game 3 was 500 pages soooo :goleft:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I'm actually going to spectate this. It's going to be a really bad game, but hell, mafia at its core is bad, so how bad can bad be?

Very

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Toan toan toan!! God I wish merk was playing a game with luckbox. He sounds completely insufferable and I really want to see him get yelled at. I just want all of them to get yelled at. Merk you are on a holy mission. Can someone link me the 2+2 game after gulag takes over?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Everyone who has played there has returned as a broken husk of a man.

Merk must have been driven over the edge to play again.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Eight Dollars posted:

I was going to go back and copy some good quotes but game 3 was 500 pages soooo :goleft:

Do other mafia communities just think that large amounts of posts = good game??

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
merk gonna be voted out day 1 for making jokes and having a name similiar to another player.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Eight Dollars posted:

The scum won and both SA people could at least walk out with some dignity. merk was a high presence scum thing and somehow was voted best mafia but not best player overall.

It's even worse, it was backwards. Merk was best player overall but not best scum. It made no sense at all.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

TommyDanger is going to be one to watch. You can already tell.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

That's why we sent windshipper, but even he could not stand it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Eagerly awaiting this trainwreck.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I once played a 6 month long game of mafia on another forum, because it was a 22 player game with no deadlines.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

It's even worse, it was backwards. Merk was best player overall but not best scum. It made no sense at all.

What?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

Lol too many words for windshipper. Good lord what a world.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

2+2 Mafia Championships: Forget It Merk, It's Thingyman

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

I'm glad he felt what we all feel when he plays. Like, I know many people post a lot, but nobody on SA posts blocks of angry, often refraining and pointless text quite like Windy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

Also I think we settled this misconception with the 100 page epic that was fanfic mafia.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Context: windy is dating a girl whose birthday is Halloween. He still could not survive a 2+2 game.......

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Asiina posted:

No wait, checking it now Merk won best Mafia but not most feared (went to Thingyman who I think never actually voted a scum the entire game) or Best Player (arcbell, who is also in the final round).

Here's the way they amazingly described Best Player

quote:

The impact on this specific game doesn't matter here, only your fellow players' perception of your skill level in general. This way people that were killed early still have a shot at earning their way into the Ultimate Game, for example.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

Also I think we settled this misconception with the 100 page epic that was fanfic mafia.

Technically it was like 120 pages because of the fantropes thread. But at least half of fan fiction was dedicated to awful fiction and potato/spiderman romance. We also have no pretentions about fan fiction being good.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

Technically it was like 120 pages because of the fantropes thread. But at least half of fan fiction was dedicated to awful fiction and potato/spiderman romance. We also have no pretentions about fan fiction being good.

Write fan fiction about fan fiction being good.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eight Dollars posted:

No wait, checking it now Merk won best Mafia but not most feared (went to Thingyman who I think never actually voted a scum the entire game) or Best Player (arcbell, who is also in the final round).

Here's the way they amazingly described Best Player

At least this makes some sense.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Did Arcbell singlehandedly lynch a scum or two or something? Otherwise, how the hell can someone who lost be the best player?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Did Arcbell singlehandedly lynch a scum or two or something? Otherwise, how the hell can someone who lost be the best player?

He was also scum, so he lost being the best scum but won being the best player while merk was vice versa somehow.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Okay folks. Now that we're halfway through the movie, its time to vote on who is thingyman!

Is it: Kimiko, Merk, werewolf, thingyman, or Tommydanger.

Input your answer via the horror monitor and continue with the mission.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eight Dollars posted:

He was also scum, so he lost being the best scum but won being the best player while merk was vice versa somehow.

So yeah, I think Thingyman hates SA.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

My bet is that there are two scum on the merk train.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Mad Rancher posted:

Write fan fiction about fan fiction being good.

We did. It's called fan fiction mafia and the beauty of Mario.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

Okay folks. Now that we're halfway through the movie, its time to vote on who is thingyman!

Is it: Kimiko, Merk, werewolf, thingyman, or Tommydanger.

Input your answer via the horror monitor and continue with the mission.

Beep Boop

Answer: Thingyman?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Merk is scum. He might downplay his style to survive longer but he's outright uncooperative right now.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Correct. Here's 100,000 dollars. Enjoy the rest of your day at Michael Reynold's virtual horrorland, 2+2 mafia.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Merk is scum. He might downplay his style to survive longer but he's outright uncooperative right now.

Merk. Uncooperative?? Well I never.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is there a way to increase the posts per page

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

You can sign up for an account and make it 100 I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ah, it requires registering an account there. I accept my fate.

• Locked thread