Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Sounds like Europa Universalis, the Board Game. Which does sound interesting. I'll have to dig through the rules, but why not. Random, preferrably beginner friendly faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
I also got my hand and am in the same boat.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

PM sent. Can I post it in thread?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Okay then, for the sake of accelerating things a bit:

4 Mercenaries from London to Dublin.
Hawkins to Portsmouth.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Sorry, Charlie, but you're kind of on the opposite side of our enemy right now. It wouldn't work.

England plays The Virgin Queen for the lower event, breaking off the engagement between Elizabeth I and Charles II of Austria!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Do I not get the card draw until the next turn, then?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Well, this card isn't exactly useful right now, so...

England will play Spanish Pay Ships Seized for 3CP. sponsoring a scientist with patronage. (The rules say "pick a scientist that you are allowed to patronize at random", but given the choice I'd rather sponsor Dee over Bellaso. Is this done by dice roll or am I allowed to choose?)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Majumbo posted:

You only do Italians through specific cards that specify Italians. Otherwise it's just random from those of your power's guys.

Oh, good, then Dee is my only option. Yay~

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Alright, go Protestants! That makes Spain a bit less of a threat!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Aaaah, I need better cards. Oh well.

England plays El Dorado for 2CP, Build a Galleon at Portsmouth (making a stack of two there).

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

These cards aren't worth much to me. I need to use them up.

England plays Morisco Revolt for 2 CP.

Naval move for 1 CP:
Galleon in __ck (can't see the name) to North Sea. Hawkins and entire stack to English Channel.

Naval move for 1 CP:
Galleon in North Sea to English Channel. Hawkins and stack to Bay of Biscay.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh...wait...I can't do what I'd planned to do. I can still salvage this!

England plays Index of Prohibited Books for 2 CP

Naval move for 1 CP
Galleon from English Channel to Atlantic Coast, Hawkins from Bay of Biscay to Guinea Coast

Naval Move for 1 CP
Galleon from Atlantic Coast to Antilles, Hakwins from Guinea Coast to Antilles

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I'm an idiot.

Okay, change of plans. England plays Taxis Family Couriers for Event, giving the last card to the Protestants.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

For some fool reason, I thought the besieger at a port had to have ships in an adjacent sea zone to declare an assault. But no, I just need to not have ships in an adjacent sea zone.

This rulebook is just not sticking with me for some reason.

How do you think I feel?! :saddowns: :hf: :(

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Pass, you saw nothing!

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 13, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

All ships return to Portsmouth, no moves in the land units.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Majumbo posted:

Remember that troops in non-fortified spaces need to either go to the nearest fortified space or return to their capital. And no space except your capital may contain more than 5 lands units. That means the troops in Berwick cannot stay and at least 1 in Dublin needs to go back to London.

Fff...

Troops in Berwick to York, 1 regular in Dublin to London.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

This is probably suboptimal, but...

England takes the Plantation bonus.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

England announces a Peace Treaty with France.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh, hey. Thanks for saving me the trouble, France!

Actually, wait, isn't that supposed to resolve at turn's end?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hawkins to the World Map, 2 Regulars to Dublin.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

If that's it for the Spanish actions...

England plays Morisco Revolt for the event! Do I have to place the unrest, or is that the Ottoman player's prerogative? If it's mine, I'd say Gibraltar and Seville/Cadiz.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

England plays Grand Tour for CP!

1CP: Sponsor expedition to Guinea Coast, colony for free
1CP: Naval move to South Atlantic, colony deployed to Rio de Janeiro
1CP: Move to Spanish Main
1CP: Patronize Scotland

Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day, you crazy lovely continentals!

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 26, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Uh, okay then. I really hope this doesn't come back to bite me.

England plays Scottish Lords Rebel, and also plays Border Reiters for the lower event (the +4 influence with Scotland) in response to itself. If that order doesn't actually work, can we pretend I responded to Muscovy Company instead?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

...I never roll well, do I. Have the ambassador to Scotland removed from his post. And maybe a window.

Right. Hawkins! Make me feel better! Pirate the Spanish Main!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hmmm...

Play Homeland Uprising for Event, targeting Spain. Unrest in...let's see here...Genoa, Cordoba, Barcelona. I should have played this earlier!
Extend with 2CP treasure. Hawkins to South Atlantic, and from there through the Cape Horn to the Chilean Coast.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Derp. Put it on Milan then. If I can't do that, Pavia.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Did I make the navigation roll through the cape?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Whoops. I forgot that too, durr.

Okay, might as well hold it for next turn. Save it for the winter phase.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

England plays Virgin Queen for top event, targeting and playing Muscovy Company immediately.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

We talked about this on IRC, and I was under the impression that the rule was that the same player couldn't use the same event twice, not that it couldn't happen at all. But if that's the case, fine, hold the card.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Nah, it's fine. I'll just hold the card.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Spend remaining CP to gain diplomatic influence in Scotland.

Can you do this part of Scotland had its diplomatic status resolved this turn? :confused:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Yeah you can't, I really need to get the rules down (I've only played this twice).

You, me and Gutter Owl all, friend. :):hf::downs::hf::)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gaaaaah, stop reinforcing your colonies, Spain!

Pass.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh, derp. Keep Passing

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Let's have Hawkins return to Europe. Give me my treasure, Hawkins!

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 19, 2015

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Majumbo posted:

Hawkins needs to return to Europe for you to get his treasure.

HRE has no winter moves and will take 1R in Vienna

Goddammit.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Are you kidding?! We can't give them through the protestants or something?! :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

England plays Louise of Lorraine and announces a marriage to the Protestant's Henry IV Navarre.

• Locked thread