Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Mercury Crusader posted:

Ubisoft knows what consumers want, and consumers want dogshit broken open-world games instead of good games.

Please don't insult dogshit broken open-world games, any of the stalker games are better than farcry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
cumholez

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

mordor

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 17, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mordor has a horrendous story and once you get tired of the nemesis gimmick it's really just as mediocre as Unity...

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, Mordor got boring really really fast. Mostly because outside of the novelty of the Nemesis system, the world was dull as hell.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Dont worry, by its second sequel mordor will finally be playable.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

ethanol posted:

they thought sam fisher was the value of the character when all people cared about was Michael ironside :doh:
With a voice like that, was there ever any doubt? :allears: Oh, and..

blackguy32 posted:

Briggs would have been a perfect protagonist to have. gently caress Sam Fisher. Dude went from looking like he was in his upper 40s to lower 50s to looking like he was 32 years old. All so that he could be some oorah lets go stop the terrorists true American patriot.
They actually have some fun with Sam's age in the games as well. Not to the degree of Solid Snake throwing out his back, but some delightfully snarky radio chatter. While this video is gimmicky and obnoxious it hits a lot on the head. The FPS section also, what the hell were they thinking?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Abu Dave posted:

Mordor has a horrendous story and once you get tired of the nemesis gimmick it's really just as mediocre as Unity...
Nov 17, 2014 14:13

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, Mordor got boring really really fast. Mostly because outside of the novelty of the Nemesis system, the world was dull as hell.
Nov 17, 2014 14:15

:captainpop:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Are people actually calling Mordor a lovely game here?

loving hell

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Widestancer posted:

loving hell

Seriously Mordor owned and puts AC to shame.

But I think a better way to put it is AC Unity had the unfortunate timing of ever coming out

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Also, Watch Dogs is a dcent game and I had a lot of fun with it, gently caress the haters.

ditto. It's up there with Just Cause and like every other mid-80s-on-metacritic open world game for me. Aidan is a terrible character but the game mechanics are all fun so IDGAF about the fact that you're autistic batman.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Widestancer posted:

loving hell

Oh I'm not calling it a lovely game at all, I had a lot of fun with it for a playthrough. I just didn't find much motivation to play it once the story was over, because there was no challenge in combat and the Nemesis orcs began repeating themsselves.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Widestancer posted:

loving hell

it's p dull

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Mordor was pretty cool and way better than it had any right to be but i just sort of got bored and stopped playing it after a couple of hours, i know they give you cool powers or something that makes the game more interesting later but they really should have handed that out faster. Also the story wasn't interesting.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

actually mordor is cool, and the orcs are rad. im sorry for how wrong you are

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Clever Spambot posted:

Mordor was pretty cool and way better than it had any right to be but i just sort of got bored and stopped playing it after a couple of hours, i know they give you cool powers or something that makes the game more interesting later but they really should have handed that out faster. Also the story wasn't interesting.

Clever Spambot posted:

I'm playing through for the first time and enjoying Dragon Age 2 ATM.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
:captain pop's eyeballs stretching out and exploding out of head:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ethanol posted:

it's p dull

Okay guy who hates the Wii U

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
They're okay when they published a few Japanese games. No More Heroes comes to mind.

Western developed garbage has been poo poo for years. Rayman is the exception.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
If the plot of mordor was anywhere near as bad as dragon age 2s plot it would have been way better.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

who the gently caress played mordor for the plot?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Durrr I don't enjoy lighting the jungle on fire and shooting comically racist depictions of pirates and ne'er do wells and stabbing endangered species with a knife because ugh Uplay also I have terminal AIDS

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
People who got bored of the gameplay within an hour because it was just bad batman.

hatesfreedom
Feb 20, 2007

I make a profit of three and a quarter cents an egg by selling them for four and a quarter cents an egg to the people in Malta I buy them from for seven cents an egg. Of course, I don't make the profit. The syndicate makes the profit. And everybody has a share.
Watch dogs paid the ultimate price for being so very boring.

Assassins creed 2 is a great game and it's also the last one whose plot i thought was cool. Plus you hug Leo Divinci. Yes. You do.

Black flag was pretty great but they ignored the easy money and didn't use the system to make sid miers pirates 2. For that alone they should be put out of business and whipped until they start work on sid miers pirates 2.

shadows of mordor was cool but everybody wishes they'd done more. shadows of skyrim ii the head lopping could have been a real thing.

farycry 4 is probably fine, people love those theme park fps's.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

shadows of mordor isn't an ubisoft game so you guys can allow yourselves to like it or whatever

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Okay guy who hates the Wii U

I do not hate the wii u I just find its games can't hold my attention at all

also I don't spread FUD in the wii u thread so that's pretty awesome of me

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

shadows of mordor isn't an ubisoft game so you guys can allow yourselves to like it or whatever

lol, sorry i offended you by saying that a game you liked wasn't for me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Abu Dave posted:

Abu Dave posted:

Brain damage

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Chronic depression

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ethanol posted:

it's p dull

Semen poisoning

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Semen poisoning

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Chronic depression

:agreed:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Driver: San Francisco was a good game.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
remember when ubisoft said they would stop doing annual assassins creed releases

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010
Let me post my opinion about <game> here

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jibo posted:

remember when ubisoft said they would stop doing annual assassins creed releases
Aren't they like every eight months now or do we not count the mobile ones or whatever

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Widestancer posted:

Durrr I don't enjoy lighting the jungle on fire and shooting comically racist depictions of pirates and ne'er do wells and stabbing endangered species with a knife because ugh Uplay also I have terminal AIDS
Whoa, dude. You sound pretty upset. Here, you need some truth in you.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Driver: San Francisco was a good game.

It's true.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Driver San Francisco was really rad.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I've been debating picking up Driver San Fransisco since people keep saying it's a good game. Does it have Oculus Rift support? It would be neat to expand the library of the oculus rift at the uni lab from just having Eurotruck Simulator 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Downloaded Blood Dragon on Steam.

Installed it, it then says 'opening Uplay to play this game' :pwn:

Then Uplay downloaded and updated itself immediately :pwn:

Uplay opened and its updated interface needed to download another update :pwn:

Then when I selected Blood Dragon to play from inside Uplay, it says 'opening Steam to play this game' :pwn:

I'm not even joking about any of this
Did this but with AC2 but instead of opening Steam at the end, all I got was this..

Thank you ubisoftsucks.

• Locked thread