Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
man I don't even know the Rangers just are so loving sloppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
dear killer Alex killorn, sorry i wished your injury were greater so that paq man and drouin could play. turns out that all of the above is the best.

yours truly,

wonder j. llama

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Rotten Cookies posted:

Wonderllama promised the Bolts would unravel. I'd like to cash that in for the 3rd period, please?

that is a thing. a thing in which will happen. and at the very least make game more exciting. book it.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I think you watch how the Rangers succeeded last season and how they're playing now and you see plays like that where all the forwards are all deep and not helping out their defensemen on the rush back and a guy just cruzes down the middle and really just no one is taking care of the puck or their assignments or anything at all

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Rangers have a lot of talent, but not a lot of depth.

rookie team analysis by me, a hockey watching dude.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

these anti-smoking ads are terrifying

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
MSL should take up smoking

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Wonderllama posted:

Rangers have a lot of talent, but not a lot of depth.

rookie team analysis by me, a hockey watching dude.

I mean...their depth isn't bad, their third line with two rookies on it has been probably their most consistent puck possession line this game, but AV doesn't trust them yet for some reason and the top two lines are the ones committing all the lovely turnovers and not playing defense, while the 4th line is inoffensive at best. D missing McDonagh is hurting a lot though and Dan Boyle isn't up to speed yet

They've just done a terrible job playing defense this season and every time it looks like they're getting back to their gameplan they have a game like this where they just do incredibly dumb things and screw themselves over. I mean Tampa is a good team that's playing well but when you keep turning the puck over in important spots and giving them chances what do you expect is going to happen?

Positionally they've just been terrible and a lot of it's been the forwards just forgetting what they're doing and acting like they're playing pond hockey

e: AV should probably mix up the lines because while St Louis and Nash can generate goals if they're in the offensive zone they're pretty terrible at allowing shots against and just haven't done a good job in other areas of the ice. And like I said he needs to trust that Hayes/Duclair line more, they're playing well

Levitate fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 18, 2014

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
real talk: MSL is and has been a terrible two way player for a couple of years now. I used to think it was because he just didn't buy into Guy boucher's system (he didn't). and then I thought it was because he was so mad about the Olympic snub (he was). and now? maybe he's just not that interwoven in a system of accountable two way play

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Hayes has been awesome though. I will never forgive the NYR For being the de rigueur go to for new college players, even though: who could blame them.

also I wanna make another trip to NYC soon. any goons wanna show me and my lady friend around?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Rangers don't seem to know where their teammates are, like they're forcing plays, and are just trying to wing it.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

The Rangers suck

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Can the Rags at least grind the Bolts to dust so the Isles have an easier game tomorrow?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Boyle just almost stamkosd hisself.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Rotten Cookies posted:

Can the Rags at least grind the Bolts to dust so the Isles have an easier game tomorrow?

hey. you already get Nabokov tomorrow.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Pretty quiet in MSG

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Wonderllama posted:

hey. you already get Nabokov tomorrow.

Ouch. Sorry, man. I know how that feels.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rotten Cookies posted:

Rangers don't seem to know where their teammates are, like they're forcing plays, and are just trying to wing it.

Yup, that's the thing this year...you don't know which team is going to show up. Sometimes they look like they've all never played with one another

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rotten Cookies posted:

The Stars have been having moments like that all year, so you have my sympathies.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
bishop always allows two. still waiting to see who gets it.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
God drat cally knows lundqvist

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Dagger.

This must be because I tweeted at Callahan to gently caress off. I should have redoubled my efforts to be a thorn in his side.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Wonderllama posted:

God drat cally knows lundqvist

"Gently tucking the puck into the net while I'm on my belly out of the net! My only weakness!

How did you know?!"

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Rotten Cookies posted:

Dagger.

This must be because I tweeted at Callahan to gently caress off. I should have redoubled my efforts to be a thorn in his side.

please repeat next Wednesday.

thanks in advance

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Dave Maloney laying down some truth. Rangers just lacksidasical. Not tough on the puck at all, passes that aren't vaguely on target or strong. Staal just barely flipped that puck around back to Girardi and of course it was intercepted. Forwards weren't anywhere near the front of the net for whatever reason because why ever give your defensemen any puck support? Just slow lazy and sloppy. They have to stop acting like they can just slow things down and be casual all the time because teams are eating them alive every time they do that

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Rotten Cookies posted:

"Gently tucking the puck into the net while I'm on my belly out of the net! My only weakness!

How did you know?!"

I'm picking up on your sarcasm.

but seriously, he knew that lindqvist would lunge out. that's a real thing! probably.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Wonderllama posted:

I'm picking up on your sarcasm.

but seriously, he knew that lindqvist would lunge out. that's a real thing! probably.

Well it't not a bad play to try to immediately take away the shot in that situation because USUALLY your teammates aren't all above the circles slowly gliding towards the play. USUALLY the guy doesn't have time to put on a triple deke and then scratch his balls before shooting the puck into the net but I guess Tanner Glass Lee Stempniak and Domonic Moore had better things to do in the neutral zone instead of helping out their defensemen and goalie

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
That 3rd period was a fart.

Why did I watch it. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Zybl0re posted:

That 3rd period was a fart.

Why did I watch it. :confused:

I don't ask questions like this. I know that I'm a slave to the game.

Lmfao Al Trautwig.

" Wow. What a game. I can't wait to talk about it for an hour. Oh boy.... here it is."

• Locked thread