Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Anyone else play this game? I like it a lot, it's one of my favorite games on the Wii. Definitely my favorite non-nintendo title for the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
help

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like the Primetime Kingdom, which is just a kingdom based on things that play on the TV that the kid watches. it had the best music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fa2KwrDJJk

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i bought this game because i heard really good things and it was dirt cheap but i still haven't played it hope that helps

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Grim posted:

i bought this game because i heard really good things and it was dirt cheap but i still haven't played it hope that helps

it will be a fun gem to look forward to when you have the time to play it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
it's great

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
it's better than pikmin

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I think anyone who's played this can agree that the pinball boss is a load of poo poo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

1upclock posted:

I think anyone who's played this can agree that the pinball boss is a load of poo poo.

oh man i forgot that guy. yeah that's probably the worst boss of the game.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
only played like a couple bosses of this game but it was fun enough. should probably go back to it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the sequel looks bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkysU6wwRzM

its not made by the same people, and while they made all the princesses into anime babes, it's just not right.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Isn't all the music in this game arrangements of public domain classical tracks?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Concordat posted:

Isn't all the music in this game arrangements of public domain classical tracks?

yes.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
fun game but EXTREMELY problematic.

also I got to the boss that had a huge beard going down a mountain and got stuck and stopped

bosses, man.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

fun game but EXTREMELY problematic.

also I got to the boss that had a huge beard going down a mountain and got stuck and stopped

bosses, man.

How is it problematic? Even as a joke I don't know what you would possibly be referring to. Or are you just saying the word problematic for no reason

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

mabels big day posted:

How is it problematic? Even as a joke I don't know what you would possibly be referring to. Or are you just saying the word problematic for no reason

It's pretty problematic that you're demanding they explain it to you

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Got this the other week and its pretty good. Cing needs to come back and make more Hotel Dusk games though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Commissar Ken posted:

Got this the other week and its pretty good. Cing needs to come back and make more Hotel Dusk games though.

I never beat the second one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

this game and Zack and Wiki are my Wii sleeper Hits 2014

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

mabels big day posted:

the bit where you literally receive princesses as loot for beating bosses

like you open up some kind of... chest? present? (it's been a while) and there's a princess inside, who immediately marries you obv

also the first real mission is to go south to exterminate the savage black people in pursuit of lebensraum (the game is pretty explicit about it iirc)

e: I don't really know why I'm posting about this in imp zone

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I've heard it's a great and fun game but gets pretty grindy, confirm/deny?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

I've heard it's a great and fun game but gets pretty grindy, confirm/deny?

I never found it to be grindy, the bosses are just hard as hell. not like there's much you can grind for anyway; it's usually pretty easy to get all the cash you need playing normally, and you can't 'level up' or anything like that.

I only got maybe 2/3rds of the way through the game; maybe it got mega grindy right after I quit?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
regnant€

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

PleasingFungus posted:

I never found it to be grindy, the bosses are just hard as hell. not like there's much you can grind for anyway; it's usually pretty easy to get all the cash you need playing normally, and you can't 'level up' or anything like that.

I only got maybe 2/3rds of the way through the game; maybe it got mega grindy right after I quit?

Thanks, yeah I haven't played the game myself, but I thought it looked neat and I have an old Wii gathering dust at my parents place. I was thinking of maybe picking it up some day, but a friend of mine who has played it said he didn't like the grind.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
It's a good game. I've never actually finished the thing, because I figured I'd quit after that pinball boss. I hear that it goes to surprisingly dark places. The end apparently involves you choosing your favorite princess among those that you saved during the game, going to space with her, and she then dies by getting eaten by rats?? Yeowzers

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

PleasingFungus posted:

like you open up some kind of... chest? present? (it's been a while) and there's a princess inside, who immediately marries you obv

That's extremely good.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

It's a good game. I've never actually finished the thing, because I figured I'd quit after that pinball boss. I hear that it goes to surprisingly dark places. The end apparently involves you choosing your favorite princess among those that you saved during the game, going to space with her, and she then dies by getting eaten by rats?? Yeowzers

Heavy Lobster posted:

That's extremely good.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Gimbal lock posted:

Wait till you see the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I liked the final fantasy one better, op

• Locked thread