Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

So uh what you are telling me is I should watch Sleepy Hollow.

I mean the premise sounds fun enough if the show doesn't take itself too seriously but it's got John Noble in it as a villain?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Yeah, the episode by episode review stuff is great, I look forward to people warming up to Walter. The same happened to me; for most of season one I saw him as this meddling annoying old man who had nothing to contribute to the show, and now he basically is Fringe to me.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Another upside of the switch in tone from pilot to series is that for once you have a show like this where the protagonists can actually get poo poo done without wading through red tape or fighting against their bosses and the government. Compared to Mulder and Scully being undermined every step of the way by the conspiracy or Sam and Dean Winchester alternating between being fugitives and FBI LARPers it's a nice change of pace.

I love when a show does this too. Inept and obstructive bureaucracy is a tired cliché at this point. Have the characters face real challenges and dangers instead.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 10, 2014

• Locked thread