Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
i am not kidding when i say that everyone there was like 300 pounds and STINKY. i never knew a person could actually smell funky but it is possible. but i guess the real loser is me for going to a midnight release :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

i must compose posted:

i am not kidding when i say that everyone there was like 300 pounds and STINKY. i never knew a person could actually smell funky but it is possible. but i guess the real loser is me for going to a midnight release :ssh:

Alright man.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

what game came out

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

farcry 4 I guess

edit: or the new dragon age

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

i must compose posted:

Nobody cares about your swingers club.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
if i didn't feel guilty enough about spending 60 dollars on a video game the awkward silence and blank stares really hammered it home

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what did you pick up to eat afterwaeds

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

oknope posted:

what did you pick up to eat afterwaeds

hot pockets unironically

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Midnight releases I've attended: GTA San Andreas, Halo 2, Wii

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

kill yuorself OP

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I've hit a midnight release for Sonic Generations (because a friend preordered it and I was awake anyway) and Mass Effect 2 (I was naive, but don't regret it) and both times there were like 2 fat people and the rest of the several dozen people were just normal and didn't smell at all.

Your town is stinky and fat I guess

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Midnight releases I've attended: GTA San Andreas, Halo 2, Wii

wii release was so much dang fun. It turned into an impromtu potlock as more people who came just kept bringing food and drink to share. I was at a store that didn't open at midnight so some assholes who went to one that did drove by with their wii held out of the window. Shithead dropped it, too funny.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I sat outside a Target all night with my friend. There were like fifty people in line and then they only let twenty people buy them.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Sir John Feelgood posted:

I sat outside a Target all night with my friend. There were like fifty people in line and then they only let twenty people buy them.

same except once they saw the line get pretty big they came and counted it off and told people they weren't going to be able to get one.

they also re-heated stale popcorn from the night before and gave it to us.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i went to a couple of these. one was for diablo 3 and the guy next to me in line could not stop trying to tell me how much he wanted to rape this and rape that and how the demon hunter totally rapes and rape rape rape. dude seriously could not go a single sentence without saying it. then i got home and the servers were broken anyways (also the game sucked)

might do it again at some point, i dunno. only spent around 10 mins in line each time and i'm often awake at midnight. i almost never buy physical copies of games though

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
I went to GTA:IV midnight release at the local GameStop and people were pretty normal tbh

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

people were pretty normal tbh

gross

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i must compose posted:

i must compose posted:

if i didn't feel guilty enough about spending 60 dollars on a video game the awkward silence and blank stares really hammered it home

looks like we got another self hating gamer here

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

it's what is on the inside that counts

the stinkiest, filthiest gamers on average play better games than the most normal dudebros out there

food for thought

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

i went to a midnight launch for borderlands 2 and had to stand in a long line but everyone there seemed cool and i shot the poo poo with the dude and his gf in front of me and i got a couple of streetpasses :)

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i used to work in a supermarket that occasionally did midnight releases for big games. all the staff hated the people that turned up and thought they were losers

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ive never been to one because i value sleep above almost all things. how can all these spring chickens stay up so late

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

ugg the worst smell the smell of dedication / failure

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Guys, I went to a gamestop in the dead of night to pick up the latest Dragon Age and, get this: there were people there that looked like they've never had a stable relationship with a woman.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The midnight release of Fallout New Vegas was fun because they had a poker night set up before hand

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

^that is cool

Mach2 posted:

I've hit a midnight release for Sonic Generations (because a friend preordered it and I was awake anyway) and Mass Effect 2 (I was naive, but don't regret it) and both times there were like 2 fat people and the rest of the several dozen people were just normal and didn't smell at all.

Your town is stinky and fat I guess

i know you are lying because no one who would wait at midnight for a sonic game is well adjusted

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i must compose posted:

^that is cool

i know you are lying because no one who would wait at midnight for a sonic game is well adjusted

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dec 26, 2012

A Spider Covets posted:

ive never been to one because i value sleep above almost all things. how can all these spring chickens stay up so late

you aint lived until you accidentally sleep through all the daylight in a day b/c you were up all night

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i went to the gta5 midnight release last year or 2 years ago or whenever it came out, op
everyone there was fit and buff and attractive. except me, of course

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I went to the midnight release of Smash 3ds and hosted a public game on the demo so I could scream trash talk at the children/teenagers there while I waited.

No regrets.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

i went to the skyrim midnight release

the obese but generally amiable/hygenic cashier from gamestop dressed like a dragon and wandered into the adjacent buffalo wild wings and bothered the customers while we were waiting.

that's my story regarding midnight releases

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Somebody at a midnight release called me an rear end in a top hat because I wouldn't do the survey that the gamestop people wanted us to do.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I was playing shovel knight I don't want to do a survey

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
I went to the Call of Duty black ops 2 midnight launch and there were guys standing outside the store drinking bud light and everyone was talking about how they don't think the game is going to be very good but it is going to have zombies so they have to buy it

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

CousinKevin posted:

I went to the Call of Duty black ops 2 midnight launch and there were guys standing outside the store drinking bud light and everyone was talking about how they don't think the game is going to be very good but it is going to have zombies so they have to buy it

Jesus, it's like i'm there.

sqyul
Jan 20, 2014

Oh, I don't know that she's as attractive as Jack Nicklaus...
I went to the BF3 midnight launch and it was full of 12 year olds dressed like soldiers, I think a few even had airsoft guns it was embarrassing.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

sqyul posted:

I went to the BF3 midnight launch and it was full of 12 year olds dressed like soldiers, I think a few even had airsoft guns it was embarrassing.

im sure you are much cooler than 12 year olds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember picking up dark souls 2 on midnight but only because Titanfall released the same day and there were dudes who got the full little Titan package and I was like 'woah'

• Locked thread