Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Biggest gaming lie you believed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

you can bring Aeris back but only through a sequence break that the devs put there intentionally (it would also let you recruit Sephiroth)

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

you can use strength on the truck to get mew

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
that video games are for children

e: wait you said lie

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Anatharon posted:

that video games are for children

e: wait you said lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The resident evil nude code where the zombies gang bang Claire

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Holding the B button makes it more likely to catch Pokemon.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
Either Sonic in melee or Bigfoot in San Andreas.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
spore killed my hope for Games. now i'm jaded by default. this hosed-up world...

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

In third grade I moved to a new town. If you've ever experienced this, you know that you wind up hanging out with a lot of different people before you figure out who your real friends are. Well one of the people I hung out with in this trying-people-out phase was a kid named Brian. He had a big square head and was extremely shy and was always grimacing for some reason. Looking back there was probably something wrong with him. But he was one of the only kids in class with a Game Boy and Pokemon, so I invited him over because I didn't have a Game Boy and I wanted him to show me the game. We wound up sitting in my basement with him gripping the Game Boy and me just listening to him breathe. I tried to talk to him about the game but he would only let out a few words. Just totally focused on the game. Finally I asked him if I could play, and he very reluctantly handed me the Game Boy and started a New Game because he didn't want me playing his (fine) and told me very emphatically not to save. In the opening part of the game, I didn't know what to do. I was wandering around like a total noob (and I was one). I was lost. So I asked him, "Hey, Brian, can you help me out here?" And he told me I had to find Professor Oak's coffee. That's what I had to do. Find Oak's coffee. I was like, drat, OK, coffee, right. I spent like ten minutes wandering around trying to find his coffee, going in all the houses and stuff. Finally he offered to just do it for me so I handed him back the Game Boy. He didn't give it back to me and eventually his mom picked him up and took him home. Later on I found out of course that's not what you do. There's no freaking coffee. He was lying to me. He just wanted the game back. It was the biggest gaming lie I believed.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I did get one, but it wasn't until Easter.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
tried to unlock goku in smash bros

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

should have saved over his file

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Proposition Joe posted:

Holding the B button makes it more likely to catch Pokemon.

Yeah it's actually B+Down

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Sir John Feelgood posted:

In third grade I moved to a new town. If you've ever experienced this, you know that you wind up hanging out with a lot of different people before you figure out who your real friends are. Well one of the people I hung out with in this trying-people-out phase was a kid named Brian. He had a big square head and was extremely shy and was always grimacing for some reason. Looking back there was probably something wrong with him. But he was one of the only kids in class with a Game Boy and Pokemon, so I invited him over because I didn't have a Game Boy and I wanted him to show me the game. We wound up sitting in my basement with him gripping the Game Boy and me just listening to him breathe. I tried to talk to him about the game but he would only let out a few words. Just totally focused on the game. Finally I asked him if I could play, and he very reluctantly handed me the Game Boy and started a New Game because he didn't want me playing his (fine) and told me very emphatically not to save. In the opening part of the game, I didn't know what to do. I was wandering around like a total noob (and I was one). I was lost. So I asked him, "Hey, Brian, can you help me out here?" And he told me I had to find Professor Oak's coffee. That's what I had to do. Find Oak's coffee. I was like, drat, OK, coffee, right. I spent like ten minutes wandering around trying to find his coffee, going in all the houses and stuff. Finally he offered to just do it for me so I handed him back the Game Boy. He didn't give it back to me and eventually his mom picked him up and took him home. Later on I found out of course that's not what you do. There's no freaking coffee. He was lying to me. He just wanted the game back. It was the biggest gaming lie I believed.

how was it that only one kid had a gameboy did you live in turkey or something

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Trying to get all of the rages in FF6 which it turns out is impossible due to glitches :negative:

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
the whole Triforce thing in Ocarina of Time.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Mega Man Legends 3 would come out for the 3DS, which I bought

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the holocaust

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I believed a lot of dumb Pokemon rumors because I was a really naive kid. I remember some kid at a summer camp told me all this really weird ones like being able to hack people's Pokemon games remotely through their trainer ID, etc.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Video games are bad

It was a hard time in my life, but I regret every minute of it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

being able to hack people's Pokemon games remotely through their trainer ID, etc.

Wait... so you never done this before?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Zodar posted:

Mega Man Legends 3 would come out for the 3DS, which I bought
I

I believed this too :smithicide:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wii.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

That games as a whole would keep getting better

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

KaptainKrunk posted:

:cripes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KaptainKrunk posted:

I thought we'd totally have 3d hot girl simulator and instead we have fuckin cod and madden

games devsssss

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Eonwe posted:

I thought we'd totally have 3d hot girl simulator and instead we have fuckin cod and madden

games devsssss
i dont wanna gently caress cod or madden

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

KaptainKrunk posted:

They have. Nearly all NES games are unplayable garbage today. Durr nice collection, poo poo-dick, too bad all those games suck diarrhea rear end.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but yea, games have gotten better

I have so many loving roguelikes and I can play planetside 2 and have huge battles of hundreds of players

or I could play older games with completely hosed hitboxes and awful controls

not to say I don't love the older games for what they were, but games have def improved

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They have. Nearly all NES games are unplayable garbage today. Durr nice collection, poo poo-dick, too bad all those games suck diarrhea rear end.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sir John Feelgood posted:

zen death robot posted:

You learned a valuable lesson

don't hang out with Brian

Acquire Currency! posted:

Yeah it's actually B+Down

Actually it's B+Up and then you rotate a full circle counter-clockwise each time the ball shakes

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If you swim far enough in a certain direction in Morrowind you encounter the biggest creature in the game, a giant sea monster. I tried this and the dude who told me said "nah you must have just swum in the wrong direction" so I checked the construction set and found no record of any such creature.

:goonsay:

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

KaptainKrunk posted:

They did get better for a while, then the 32/64 bit era ruined it.

Iron Casanova fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 18, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Iron Casanova posted:

They did get better for while, then the 32/64 bit era ruined it.

:cripes:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Iron Casanova posted:

They did get better
I agree

quote:

for while, then the 32/64 bit era ruined it.

Not only is your grammar extremely hosed up, but so is your stupid rear end sad brain. Go kill yourself.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

They got better but once people learned how to design games in 3D things stagnated and here we are today.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

I agree

Not only is your grammar extremely hosed up, but so is your stupid rear end sad brain. Go kill yourself.

You thought the 32 bit era was good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Iron Casanova posted:

You thought the 32 bit era was good?

Did you not have fun playing those games?

I mean yeah things have improved but how can someone not have enjoyed that era?

• Locked thread