Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Fellow monsters,

On Sunday, it will have been two weeks since Zurui posted on the forums. I sent her a PM on the 4th, but received no reply. At this point, I'd like to recruit another MC to continue the game. (I would volunteer, but not only am I running a game of my own, I really want to play my own character.)

For those of you playing, please post in this thread by the end of the day on Sunday, 1/11 if you want to keep playing St. Wendy's. (That includes you, PlatonicSolid!) On Monday morning, I plan to post in the TG Recruitment thread to ask for a new MC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
I really want to keep seeing what happens to Alex and friends. Let's see what we can do.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Same here!

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Feed me and tell me I'm pretty
I'm completely down, thanks for the update!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I'm game to jump in.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm ready.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

My life has been incredibly hectic - I was forced to move with seven days' notice. Everything has settled down now, so if you guys are willing to give me one more chance I'll post an update up tonight.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Holy crap, that's terrible! Hope it's all on the upswing from here on out.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Oh holy carp, I feel like poo poo now. Yes, please come back, you're a great MC.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

You're good, Jack :)

Hey ho, let's go!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Roberta "Ruby" Clark, the Ghoul

Look: Striking. Hungry eyes. Resurrected.

Tell: Surgical scars. Maroon pinpoints in her pupils. Bruises under her nails.

Stats: Hot 0, Cold 2, Volatile 1, Dark -1

Harm:
Experience:
Strings: Alex Stillman (3), Sophie Townsend (1), Carmine LeDare (1), Amy Nguyen (1), Gary Donnelly (1), Clare Thompson (1), Liz Perreira (1), Jenny Lovett (1), Luis (1)

The Hunger: You have a Hunger for inflicting pain and suffering, and for having sex with Sophie Townsend. When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a feeding opportunity, roll to hold steady.

Watchful Golem: When you defend someone without them ever knowing about it, mark experience.

Ending: You remember how you died. When you tell someone about it, give them the Condition morbid, and roll to turn them on.

Short Rest for the Wicked: When you die, wait it out. Some hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Sex Move: When you have sex with someone, add “having sex with [this person]” as an additional Hunger. If you already have this Hunger, mark experience.

Darkest Self: You will maim, kill and destroy anything in between you and the nearest object of your hunger. You will feed relentlessly. You escape your Darkest Self when someone restrains you or fends you off for long enough for you to regain your composure – at least thirty or forty minutes.

(I believe all my Strings are in order now)

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

And yes, Jack, Primal Dominance definitely triggers off both Sean and Ruby taking harm.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Oh, inklesspen was asking about Primal Dominance in IRC, but I was curious about Watchful Golem, actually.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Sean isn't on the strings spreadsheet.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Also, maybe jumping the gun, but how show I handle Amy's strings when the time comes?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
So, uh, "severed head" is a bit beyond what I thought had happened to Ruby. Is Sophie being delusional here? Or what?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Zurui posted:

It's not that Ruby doesn't feel pain; oh no, she does. She's just so incredibly used to it that she isn't afraid. She knows exactly what it feels like to pull skin off and rend muscle from bone. She knows how this is going to feel and she's not afraid. It wasn't the end before, so there's no way it's the end now. Ruby closes her eyes and, in her last moment, she smiles. With a single precise swipe, the Wolf slices through Ruby's neck and knocks her head to the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-eJsmBsgM8

I've gone to pieces for you, hot stuff.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Halloween Jack posted:

Oh, inklesspen was asking about Primal Dominance in IRC, but I was curious about Watchful Golem, actually.

I'm going to go with Yes for Watchful Golem, because you were defending Alex as much as anything.

Platonicsolid posted:

Also, maybe jumping the gun, but how show I handle Amy's strings when the time comes?

You should post the Strings part of your playbook and we'll work it out from there :)

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Zurui posted:

You should post the Strings part of your playbook and we'll work it out from there :)

The Backstory posted:

You looked into someone you care about’s eyes and hurt them. Tell them if they know why. Either way they take two strings on you and you take one on them.

Early on, when my gaze first started, I was talking to that Ruby girl after class, trying to figure out the homework. I was just looking at her and she started to...

...she was whimpering, in pain. I didn't know what it was, not then, until I figured it out later. I was starting to turn her and it hurt her. We haven't talked since.

The Backstory posted:

Someone is afraid of you and doesn’t know why. Take a string on them.

Every time I pass Adrianna in the hall, she shudders and pulls away from me. Does she know? Is she like me? I just....I haven't wanted to ask.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 30, 2015

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Zurui posted:

I'm going to go with Yes for Watchful Golem, because you were defending Alex as much as anything.
Can you believe I thought I might be carrying him out of the school? Best laid plans.

Platonicsolid posted:

Also, maybe jumping the gun,
Halloween. Penguin costumes. I haven't forgotten.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
Hey, Z, do you want to so anything about that 6 I rolled? Or should I just go ahead and have Alex react to Sophie?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I'm thinking at this point, it's going to be better if he just reacts :)

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
uh, Z, what?

I don't see how that post follows from the current situation at all.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I'm foreshadowing future badness. I don't really know what you guys want to do at this point; if I've missed something let me know! I just don't feel comfortable dropping something in this situation. Let me know what direction you guys want to head in and I'll lead on :)

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
My confusion stemmed from how your post seems to say "this is what's happening right now" and I saw no way that could be the case.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Oh, I apologize. I should have made it more clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I liked the interlude. I think we should get the gang together, mainly.

• Locked thread