Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Feed me and tell me I'm pretty
Carmine LeDare, the Witch

quote:

Look:Guarded, Deep Eyes

Origin: Voodoun (Louisiana Voodoo)

Tell: The Gris-Gris bag that he keeps with him at all times

Hot =0
Cold +1
Volatile -1
Dark +1

Conditions:

Carry Forward:

Harm: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Experience Points:
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (advance)

Witch Moves:

[+]Sympathetic Tokens
You gain power from sympathetic tokens – items of personal significance that you take from others. Each sympathetic token counts as a string.

[+]Hex-Casting
You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them either expend a sympathetic token during a secret ritual, or meet a target’s gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with dark. On a 10 up, the Hex works, and can be easily reversed. On a 7-9, it works but choose one:
-The casting does you one harm;
-the Hex has unexpected side effects;
-trigger your Darkest Self.
Hexes
[+]Binding- The person cannot physically harm others
[+]Illusions- Snakes and bugs: The hexed sees that thing everywhere. You have no control over the exact images or manifestations

[+]Sanctuary
You have a secret place for practicing witchcraft. Add 1 to all rolls you make within this space.

Sex Move:
After sex, take a sympathetic token from them. They know about it, and it’s cool

Darkest Self:
The time for subtlety and patience is over. You’re too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.

Backstory:
You start the game with two sympathetic tokens. Decide whose and what they are.
One of the others caught you rummaging through their friend’s stuff, but kept quiet. They get a string on you.

Sympathetic Tokens:
Sophie Townsend, A button
Alex Stillman, A necklace
Amy Nguyen (NPC), a violin string

Strings:
2 on Coppelia Barnes
1 on Alex Stillman
1 on Adrianna Mercante
1 on Kelvin Soares (NPC)
1 on Clare Thompson (NPC)
1 on Ryan McCaffrey (NPC)
1 on Kelvin Soares (NPC)

Advances:

Permotriassic fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Adrianna, the Wyrm

quote:

Character Name: Adrianna Mercante (A Name of Wealth)
Look: Expensive Look, Burning Eyes
Origin: In Your Blood (Two wrym-blooded parents)
Skin: The Wyrm

Hot -1, Cold +2, Volatile -1, Dark +1

Conditions:
Carry Forward:

Harm: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Experience Points:
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (advance)

Moves:

[+]Bargaining Ceremony
Drinking tea, sharing a cigarette, playing chess, or sitting back to back are all ceremonies.

When negotiating a bargain during a ceremony, both of you can offer Strings as part of that bargain.
This can include Strings you have on others, or new Strings that you generate on yourselves.
When you're both satisfied, the exchange occurs.

[+]The Bait
You have a collection of beautiful things – a library of books, old and new.
When you show it to someone, they inevitably find something they fancy.
They will mark experience when it becomes theirs and is no longer yours.

Also, choose one:
-They see something someone else would like, and when you show that someone the something,
carry one forward against them,
-The time has flown by and it's hours later than you thought.

[+]Jealous Coils
When someone else gets close to someone you covet and you act territorial, roll with dark.
On a 10 up, both: they lose a String on yourcoveted, and you gain a String on your coveted.
• On a 7-9, gain a String on your coveted, and your coveted chooses:
-Give you a Condition,
-You say something you'll regret.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, they choose at least one of these:
-Give the Wyrm a String on you, and take something from their collection.
-Give the Wyrm a String on you, and take a String on them.
-Give the Wyrm a String on you, and receive any promise from them you'd like.
-Give the Wyrm a String on you, and a Condition.

Darkest Self:
You've become too heady, too lax, too vague. You need to dominate one of the people-things that you treasure,
let it know that it's yours, that it doesn't get to choose who owns it – you do.
You escape your Darkest Self when your treasured thing proves that you don't own it entirely,
or when you see the difference between objects and people.

Backstory:
Judge each other PC as either “treasure” or “merely currency.”
If they're treasure, describe the moment they caught your eye, and give them a String.
If they're merely currency, take a String on them. They describe something off-putting that you said to them.

Strings (On them / On Me):
Coppelia Barnes 0/1
Alex Stillman 1/2
Sophie Townsend 2/0
Roberta Clark 1/0
Carmine LeDare 0/1

+++NPCs+++
Strings on Desmond Winslow, Lou Dyer, Liz Perreira, Amy Nguyen, Carla Druwiski
On me: Kellie Yates, Michael Reynolds, Iris North, Jason Rollins

Advances:

Tell: Her breath turns to smoke whenever she experiences an extremely strong emotion (anger, fear, sadness, arousal)

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 8, 2014

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Inspired by one of the other Monsterhearts thread I made these for people to put at the top of posts:

I tried to pick a font to go with the character but I had to do some guessing so lemme know if you want a different one or if they're too big or something.

Edit: Shrunk them down a little bit.

Atropha fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 23, 2014

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I love Coppelia's! Thanks :)

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
fantastic!

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Brilliant! It gives Carmine's foul-mouthed self a touch of class.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Gorgeous.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I am, right now, watching Twilight for the first time.

I'm not sure I'm capable of being this creepy.

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I am, right now, watching Twilight for the first time.

I'm not sure I'm capable of being this creepy.

If you're watching it without the Rifftrax you are doing yourself a huge disservice. Its seriously the only thing that makes those movies tolerable.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Fausts Pen posted:

you are doing yourself a huge disservice.

I knew that going in.

But, can we start a vampire baseball league?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

I knew that going in.

But, can we start a vampire baseball league?

Making baseballs out of vampires is a bad idea. Limits you to night games only, scheduling is a nightmare.

+1 on Rifftraxx. Hummm. I might have to bust out Puma Man again...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
NO TOPHER SKINS.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

NO TOPHER SKINS.

Zapp Rowsdower it is! :-P

Huh, wonder if one could make an MST3K game....maybe sort of like a CYOA?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Halloween Jack posted:

vampire baseball league?

This sounds like the worst acoustic goth band. Every song they play is or sounds like a Voltaire cover.

Are you ready? Hold on to your variously arranged genitalia, people: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683421

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Platonicsolid posted:

Zapp Rowsdower it is! :-P

Zapp Actionsdower

When the the cops pick up their Zapp Rowsdower hotline, roll +Volatile. On a 10+, take all three. On a 7-9, pick two.

}} You save the world and all of us;
}} You ride off into the sunset;
}} Your truck doesn't let you down.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
This is mainly notes for myself, but I'm posting it because I figured others might be interested:

Alex's RP agenda posted:

• Earn respect from the wrestling team. (For funsies, compare/contrast with Darkest Self.)
  • Earn recognition from the student body.
  • Learn why you were chosen for this power.
  • Take other people at face value unless you have reason not to. (Strings would be one reason.)
  • Find someone you can really care about.
  • Make your dad proud of you.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
This is already great, and the suspense is killing me.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I know you guys were all into hugboxing about Christmas lights but there was a distinct lack of blood and bared teeth in the scene and I couldn't let that stand.

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Hey, my bad on the failure. I got a little ahead of myself as soon as I saw bad numbers on the screen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is Jenny's first string on Carmine.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Fausts Pen posted:

Hey, my bad on the failure. I got a little ahead of myself as soon as I saw bad numbers on the screen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is Jenny's first string on Carmine.

I saw one on the chart, unless I'm reading it wrong. Which is very possible.

And no worries on the 6-, it's just not something I want to walk back when I want to go hard.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I think that String of Jenny's was put on Coppelia by mistake; ie Jenny should now have one String on Coppelia ("CB"), one on Sophie ("ST" ) and one on Carmine ("CL").

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Oh, yeah. Fixed.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Coppelia needs to head home after school (to wind herself up) but will eagerly volunteer to pick Ruby and Sophie up tonight (in her mufflerless unheated rust-holed barely-upholstered VW bug)...

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

That totally needs to happen because there are so many ways that can go wrong.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
You are, of course, talking about the two girls who spent some serious time chilling out in an actual walk-in freezer.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
It's a date then :) I'll narrate the rest of Coppelia's day and we can kick off the Night of Christmas Lights whenever.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Right back after the staff meeting.

I have to cater for 150 people.

So much food pictures.

So hungry.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Three hours? Seriously? To talk about printing posters and renting chairs?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Three hours? Seriously? To talk about printing posters and renting chairs?

Knowing those kinds of meetings, there was at least 40 minutes on fonts alone, right?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
Any thoughts on Alex running into Ruby, Coppelia, and Sophie during the christmas lights looking-at? I'd like to get him some interaction with other PCs.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Just finishing up a post about Coppelia's evening routine before she jumps in the car and heads out to meet the others. Probably going to include some Gazing into the Abyss too because why not.

And yeah, it makes sense for others to be out looking at the lights, so Alex bumping into them is a good idea I think.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Tonight can be the Green Bay Holiday Lighting Finale Festival & Potluck. There are probably judges and ribbons.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Okay, posted - Coppelia's being a camgirl, I tried to keep it PG and CW. If it ended up being skeevy then let me know!

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
Seemed respectful to me.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
(doublepost but whatever.)

I found this in my 'listen to music at work' youtube crawl, and I kinda like it for the campaign. Shared it in IRC and some others seemed to agree, so.

Vienna Teng: White Light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCcpoYbodoM lyrics

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Halloween Jack, SuddenConsequences: let me know when you're done with the scene and Coppelia will arrive :)

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
Excellent soundtrack for Coppelia's vision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_B4AzvGT0

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Since Coppelia's player is evidently not as smart as Coppelia, any clues on what she should do regarding her vision (ie what she gets to carry 1 forward on)?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Did anybody else immediately think of Sister Clarence as The Master?

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Clipperton posted:

Since Coppelia's player is evidently not as smart as Coppelia, any clues on what she should do regarding her vision (ie what she gets to carry 1 forward on)?

Sorry about being so vague. Coppelia can carry one forward in her attempts to stay out of Sister Clarence's sights. (Manipulate Lou to stay on your side, Shut Down people who are suspicious, Run Away from people trying to catch you, etc.) I wanted to communicate that there is a target on your back and people who know you are going to be under pressure for it.

Also, the music thing rocks and you guys should keep suggesting tunes. Feel free to post them with scenes if you find them appropriate; I might even do the same. (I promise to stay away from Coin-Operated Boy, Clipperton.)

• Locked thread