Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

Lon Lon Rabbit posted:

Pro tip, select your drat name from the menu or play with a completely bonkers control scheme.

Yea i tried classic first thing and i immediately went looking for the control setup menu.

Really glad you can change that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
So is this available for timezones other than Eastern right now? Don't have access to my Wii U at the moment.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

So is this available for timezones other than Eastern right now? Don't have access to my Wii U at the moment.

Yes

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Maple Leaf posted:

NNID is Malachai.

You have friend requests disabled.

Just sent out a request to everyone in the thread, except for whoever has NNID: lambchowdr because that didn't work.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Orbital Gate Assault is the loving coolest stage ever in a Smash game, holy poo poo. :swoon:

Also the return of Temple is great. Still one of my all-time favorites.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

the truth posted:

You have friend requests disabled.

Just sent out a request to everyone in the thread, except for whoever has NNID: lambchowdr because that didn't work.

No I don't:

Weird that it'd say that I do. I just sent you one, see if that worked.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lon Lon Rabbit posted:

Pro tip, select your drat name from the menu or play with a completely bonkers control scheme.

This is the only thing that bugs me about the game. I wish it would save a default profile or controls. Guess it won't be much of an issue when my GC adapter gets here.

Otherwise the game is amazing. Just bring back Snake and his music and it's perfect.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Anyone who went to a midnight launch, what was the status of adapters and Amiibos? My Gamestop had no adapters and got crushed on Amiibos too.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
That feel when you lose in All Star mode

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I got a chuckle at the Mother 3 music in the soundtrack listing screen.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
I haven't played Smash in so long

I am so happy right now

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

sba posted:

Anyone who went to a midnight launch, what was the status of adapters and Amiibos? My Gamestop had no adapters and got crushed on Amiibos too.

There were no adapters and only enough amiibos to cover pre-orders.

Taking me a while to get used to the Wii U Pro controller. I find myself rarely using the second stick. Glad that the Wii U version has the 1.0.4 improvements by default. Dumpstered ZSS and Greninja and buffed Ike and Shulk. :)

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
At first I thought it was silly that people were making a big deal out of getting the gc controller but after playing with the pro controller for a while I can honestly say it just doesnt feel natural.

Ill probably ended up dropping the dough on that usb adapter and a new controller :/

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just got done playing for a bit and drat, this game is nice. Really smooth and solid.

Unlocked Falco and Wario so far, Falco from clearing Classic on 4.0 and Wario from 20 matches.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Pegged Lamb posted:

That feel when you lose in All Star mode

that diddly feelerino

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

nnid = thebreathingbe

i suck so bad :cool:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I just unlocked the DK rap through Trophy Rush

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
NNID: CruceJ

Sending my Smash weary bones to bed soon, but I'll add people from further back tomorrow. Online on this is soooo much better than the 3DS.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I just found a trophy of Commander loving Video from Bit.Trip. :stare:

NNID: Waffleopolis

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Ended up pulling the trigger and pre-ordered it on Best Buy's site last night at work.

NNID = Moraduke

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oh man spectator mode is massive payouts right now. No one has any wins so it is all x10 winnings, and after a while it was repeating matches I remembered the results to.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Are the trophy descriptions the same in the Japanese and English versions? Surely they cant all be exactly the same... right :stare:

The PAL translation seems a little closer to the original JP descriptions but a lot of 'em are just like that, yeah. The guy who wrote them is a guy who helped write a lot of the incidental dialogue for the Mother games.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Duck Hunt Dog can be unlocked simultaneously with Duck Hunt stage via the method mentioned by Maple Leaf earlier: get 1 KO in Cruel Melee.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I don't know if I just need to adjust to it or not but the Wii U pro controller is actually not very comfortable to play on and I kind of prefer the 3DS controls, but the only place I can see to use a 3DS as a controller is Smash mode. Otherwise its Really Cool to see a game you've been playing all week suddenly in HD, very good game but D- on the controller bit, plus the default controls are wacky you need to remember to pick your control profile every single time.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Reiley posted:

I don't know if I just need to adjust to it or not but the Wii U pro controller is actually not very comfortable to play on and I kind of prefer the 3DS controls, but the only place I can see to use a 3DS as a controller is Smash mode. Otherwise its Really Cool to see a game you've been playing all week suddenly in HD, very good game but D- on the controller bit, plus the default controls are wacky you need to remember to pick your control profile every single time.

its poo poo for diaper babies, i can't believe how horrible and unrefined it feels. i found it to be a fine controller for mario kart, but in smash it feels awkward and disgusting. the face buttons don't seem to be in any sort of meaningful arrangement, and the right stick is entirely unusable, the extra shoulder buttons feel wonky, and the default assignment of shield and grab is truly mysterious. i can't wait to be free of this awful curse, but who knows how long it will take to find a GC controller adapter.

The worst blow is that the 3DS, which should be all means be the worst of all control options, would actually be preferable, but it can't be used online. Woe is me, forevermore i shall suffer with the weight of this lacking consummation with my beloved smash 4.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

The best thing is that when you select a character, one of their eyes twinkles menacingly like in Villager's intro video.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Do you have to unlock the mii people

I really really want to unlock Multi-Man Melee 2 but you need Mii Swordfighter for it

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Was spectating a doubles match between Mac+Shulk and Kirby+Peach on Halberd.

The loving thing desynced and the replay cut out halfway through!

I found it kind of funny and also foreboding.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!
Any quick way to unlock rob?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
The online is great, I haven't seen any lag in 4-man games. I pretty much only did 1 on 1 on the 3DS because I couldn't deal with the lag, but SmashU's online is at least as good as MK 8's. :kiddo:

edit: WiiU Gaur plains is better than the 3DS Gaur Plains. Fewer walk-offs, more platforms, and metal face is like the only stage-hazard boss that's executed well. Ridley isn't that bad either, he's at least way more interesting than the Yellow Devil.

poo poo, all the new stages are good, I love Windy Hill

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 21, 2014

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This game is so dang hi rez its blowing my drat mind. This is making the 3ds version look like a knock off.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The level 9 AI seems way smarter in this one than on the 3DS, I wonder if its just more hardware lets it be more thoughtful with its move choices

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

This game is so dang hi rez its blowing my drat mind. This is making the 3ds version look like a knock off.

For real, even with it zooming waaaaaaaaaay out on Palutena's Temple I could still make everything out without any trouble. The game looks really, really good.

Amiibos are fun, it's like Pokemon. My boy L-money is taking out the trash :whatup:

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I won my first for glory battle using Wario for the first time. The motorcycle is a fantastic recover weapon

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

THE loving MOON posted:

The online is great, I haven't seen any lag in 4-man games. I pretty much only did 1 on 1 on the 3DS because I couldn't deal with the lag, but SmashU's online is at least as good as MK 8's. :kiddo:

Awesome news. Can others weigh in on the online play? Tomorrow is going to be the longest day of work ever since I have to pick up the game before my shift.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Just picked up my copy at the midnight release my GameStop was doing. I've still got a few things to do before I play it for the first time, but it's not a whole lot. I definitely don't plan on going to bed until after I've played this game at least once.

While I was at GameStop, I also bought a bunch of other goodies for my Wii U that I'm pretty excited about. Wireless motion sensor, Wii U remote w/ nunchuck attachment, SSB remote-attachment controller, a cover and screen protector for my Wii U control pad, like 8 Amiibo figures, and I think some other stuff.

This is gonna be a fun rear end night.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 21, 2014

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Reiley posted:

I don't know if I just need to adjust to it or not but the Wii U pro controller is actually not very comfortable to play on and I kind of prefer the 3DS controls

look at this retard

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Please don't use ableist pejoratives here in the Smash for WiiU thread.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Do not bully my friend Reiley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you use the pro controller you will want to use the 3DS instead too. Don't be mean to me, here on this web site.

• Locked thread