Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Just for ease of reading, please include your number in posts where you're rolling. I'll be making an actual gamepost a bit later, after more players have posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003



5-MeO-DALT

Dalt did not seem to notice the human perched atop him as he continued to pick through his own little botanical garden, lifting each plant one by one and giving them a spritz of nutrient filled water from a re-purposed flamethrower mounted on his left arm.

"Juliet, friend." He spoke in a soft and calm voice, specifically selected to be soothing, but still obviously mechanical. Vents mounted on his torso played soft, classical music, and with each note, a wisp of nitrogen. "Be calm, it is only an asteroid field. Unless they expect us to spacewalk and shove them out of the way."

His bulk heaved to standing, nearly shaking his unfelt rider loose, and daintily stepped away from the plants. "I suppose it is our duty though." The music stopped. "5-MeO-DALT on the flight deck, reporting for asteroid clearing duty! Ready to deploy!"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Juliet Jericho

"An asteroid field? Are you sure?" Juliet rolled forward, ending up in a handstand, and somersaults from Dalt's back to land like a gymnast in front of him. "I can never tell the difference between the asteroid alarm and the enemy attack alarm. Is there even a difference?"

She slapped one of the buttons on her uniform, causing a bubble to inflate up around her head, hardening into a crystal-clear substance that made her voice sound slightly tinny when she spoke. "Still, target practice against rocks isn't too bad. Race you outside!"

Juliet dashed across the flight deck, vaulting up the side and into the cockpit of fightercraft Alpha-1. Too impatient to wait for the all-clear, she slams her hand down on the launch button, sending a rumble of engines throughout the nimble fighter craft, and dropping her out into the void.

Not as void as she'd hoped, however, forcing her to get her head in the game immediately as she's surrounded on all sides by a blizzard of interstellar rocks. Time to warm up the laser banks!

Juliet is prepared to go, and she's an expert at what she does!

[17:09] <+skybot> FuegoFish: (3d6=5, 3, 1)

Still only gets one success, though, which puts her into a bit of mild peril to start the day.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


bahamut posted:

Deneb Sol Centauri CXCVIII

"If you're acting captain, then I've come of age and can finally return home to slay my mother and ascend to the position of Supreme Matriarch. You also don't need to be so formal! Lieutenant Commander Centauri, or just Centauri, is fine," Deneb declares with a sigh as she presses a series of buttons which cheerfully boop and chirp with each keystroke. The noises the Retro-sound Command Panel Plug-in she installed never failed to amuse her, much to the chagrin of the other members of the crew who shared her post when she was off-duty. She continues, "this thing might be fast, but she isn't graceful! So you know what would help? The shields."

(Rolling Lasers! Deneb's number is 3 and she is prepared. 4, 4)

As if on cue, she presses one final button to activate the Falcon's shield array, but instead of a sound of happy compliance, something more akin to the sound of a mangled trumpet come out. Deneb blinks at her disobedient control panel, "...except the shields aren't coming online. Why aren't the shields coming online?"

Upset by this revelation her insect-like antennae quiver and her accusatory eyes snap to Hugh, "in your mad bid for power, you didn't reroute the tactical commands somewhere else, did you?"

Hugh Mann (3)

Hugh stands up, accused! His hands touching the control panel behind him.

"Yes, of course Lieutenant Commander, I rerouted tactical command to a little control panel that only I can use." Hugh snaps. "What the hell kind of Captain do you think I am?"

After a few awkward seconds of beeping behind Hugh's back he walks over to Centauri. With his most Captainly voice he states "Lieutenant Commander, Centauri, we need you. It's imperative you get the shield working, to save us all. I believe in you. Did you try pressing the shield button?"

Hugh is attempting to use Captainly ways to inspire (help) Centauri +1d

stevey666 fucked around with this message at Nov 20, 2014 around 18:07

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003



5-MeO-DALT

"That is clearly unfair." Dalt says to Julie, flipping a switch that put up a protective bubble over his beloved plants, before the flight deck vented to space. "I am not equipped with the propulsion of a fighter craft!"

With a running start, Dalt launches himself bodily into space, aiming at a nearby asteroid. Orienting thrusters fire from ports along his body, but he cannot get control of the spin. "Oh dear, I filled those tanks with pesticides. Switching to auxiliary."

<+skybot> Dagon: 9 (2d6=5, 4), took specialty bonus, failed both.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri (2)

Sliding into the sensor station, Mauri calls. "No difference! They're the same, rock'll kill us dead as lasers. Not that lasers are alive!" She presses buttons to bring up the sensor suite. "Rocks...where are you?" she mutters, as she scans the ship's course for death rocks, big and small.

skybot> Platonicsolid: 7 (2d6=6, 1). Given that she's an explorer, I'm saying Mauri's an expert with sensors and scanners. Success!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!




Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova

Suddenly a trap door in the bridge's floor flies open and Bolt's head pops out of it. "Bloody 'ell, what did you do now? Did you break anything?", she yells, "I tell you if you fookin' broke something, I'll..." As she looks around to find the guilty party, she also sees the screen and realizes what's going on. "Okay, so you didn't breaking anything", she continues calmly as she pulls herself out of the maintenance shaft, "yet. Looks like you are about to, though." She keeps muttering under her breath as she quickly pulls various tools out of the shaft and stores them in the pockets and pouches of her suit. Then she kicks the trapdoor back shut and wordlessly walks to the next unoccupied computer console. With a frown on her face she pulls up the status and damage report for the ship.

LASERS for a damage report: 2#1d6 4 3 - rolling with specialty, 1 success and LASER FEELINGS What's the best way to avoid damaging the ship?

quote:

Name: Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova
Style: Dangerous
Role: Engineer
Number: 4
Goal: Keep all this sh*t runnin'

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Juliet

You rocket out of Falcon, ready for action. It's inspiring, really, how ready you are to face the danger that surrounds you.
The fighter streaks forward as you open fire on a particularly large asteroid. Perhaps you overestimated your chances. The large spacerock shatters down the center, and the two pieces fly off in wild directions. Based on snap judgement, one fragment is headed straight towards the port engine of the Falcon, while the other is poised to smash poor DALT! Does she trust her crewmates to get the Falcon out of harm's way, or is DALT more important to her?

DALT

Juliet got the jump-start on you, that much is clear. But maybe you should have checked your own propulsion systems before running along behind her, hmm? There are no prizes for bravery (this is a lie)! You smack head-on into the asteroid you were aiming for, but without thruster control, it was not a pretty landing, and you've ended up something of a pile of limbs. At least you're not floating off into space. What's worse, however, there seems to be a rather ominous shadow gathering on top of you. Better think fast!

Hugh, Deneb

Deneb, you attempt to charge the shields, but all you get is a plaintive groaning whine. you can see a looming shard of rock careening towards the Falcon. Hugh is right, even if he's the cause of your current difficulties: You've got one last chance! Better make it count.

Due to the nature of PbP, I'm going to let you roll Hugh's help-die for this same check. Good luck.

Mauri
You scan the surroundings, cursing every second that you need to wait for the full reading. *ding* Here's the deal: The Falcon is in the worst of the asteroid field right now. There's a relatively clear area just a few dozen kilometers ahead; the only problem being that in order to get there, you need to bust out of the zone of death you're currently in. It's doable, now that you have the sensor readout, but it's not going to be a cakewalk.

Miss Roboto

Amid all of the chaos and noise of rocks smashing around in space and against your hull, there seems to be an odd repeating signal. It's hard to discern what it means without further investigation. All you can tell right now is that it's no asteroid. And its definitely not a haiku.

Yes, I realize you didn't roll, but you -are- standing at the comms console.

Kyra - LASER FEELINGS

Thank god there's a competent engineer on this ship. Although it's not damaged yet, it's only a matter of time. When the shields fail to activate, you realize instantly that the magneton polarity matrix is currently deactivated. Without it, the best the ship could hope for was just weathering impacts on a standard energy shield!

You can revise your action, if you'd like. This is the power of LASER FEELINGS

Green Intern fucked around with this message at Nov 20, 2014 around 20:14

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova

"Who in the supercluster deactivated the magneton polarity matrix? Are you bloody tryin' to kill us all?" Bolt's blood was boiling because of this and to lesser extent because of the danger they found themselves in. Fingers flying over the control panel, she's trying her best to get the matrix back up in a hurry.

Does this count as part of "revise your actions" or should I make a new roll?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Make a new roll! It's a different action than before, as it says on the rules sheet.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


LASERS vs. 4 to reactivate matrix: 2#1d6 2 5 - rolling with specialty, 1 success

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Kyra

You manage to kickstart the drat magneton polarity matrix! If the crew on the bridge can get the shields up and running, the Falcon won't have to worry about the small-fry asteroids at the very least. The only problem is that such a quick-fix on the MPM has left the power grid a little bit unstable. It might not stay online for too long, so you all better get those drat shields up while you can!

Paging BrainParasite to the thread. The crew might need a doctor soon.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003



5-MeO-DALT

Dalt rights himself, clamps in his feet locking onto the surface of the asteroid he crashed into. Raising a fist, he smashes a rocket-powered punch onto the ground beneath his feat, shattering it into mostly harmless fragments.

He looks up just in time to see what Juliet has sent his way. "Cheating again, I see."

<+skybot> Dagon: 3 (2d6=1, 2) LASER FEELINGS

What else is lurking in this asteroid field?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

DALT - LASER FEELINGS

As you pound on the asteroid, you think you see something else in the distance, through the wall of the death-zone the Falcon currently sits in. It's metallic, and too smooth to be a space-rock. Is that...a wrecked ship?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Juliet Jericho [4]

"Cheating? Who's cheating? I'm not cheating. Sheesh, Dalt, you're paranoid. Quit bein' so paranoid. It's not healthy."

Idle comm chatter was just a bit of a cover for Juliet's focus, as she reined in her fighter and began to shatter apart the incoming asteroids with precision laser fire. She hadn't been worried about Dalt too much - he was tougher than she was, just about, and definitely good at what he did. She wasn't about to put the ship in jeopardy to babysit him on something he could handle himself. Why, that'd just be embarrassing.

But this didn't feel right. All these asteroids... space debris didn't just sneak up on you out here. What was going on? Ghosts in the sensor array again?

I'm not all Feelings all the time, I'm gonna use some Lasers to get a grip and assess the situation.

[00:51] <+skybot> FuegoFish: 7 (2d6=3, 4)

Success, and Laser Feelings to boot. In light of what Dalt's uncovered, I'm going to ask: is there more to this situation (asteroid field, wrecked ship) than just the obvious?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri (2)

"There!" Mauri calls, flagging the path to the rest of the consoles, out through the asteroid field.

"Winning is getting out of here!" she tells the other. Asteroids start EXPLODING and in so doing reveals the hulk of a ship out there. "Oooooh," Mauri says to herself, although it filters out through the commlink anyway.

"Plotting a course!" Mauri declares with excitement. Sadly, it proves more difficult than expected, with all those whizzing rocks out there.

<skybot> Platonicsolid: 9 (2d6=5, 4)

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006


Trust me, compañeros. I'm very good. I got Trump elected.


Fun Shoe

Miss Roboto

"Actually," The glorious glimmering girlbot says with some surprise, "The asteroids aren't ignoring my hails." Pressing an assortment of buttons, Miss Roboto tries to decode and bring the signal up on the bridge speakers, "And it sounds to me like they've got rhythm!"

[09:46] <skybot> Bloodnose: 1 (1d6=1)
Wow. That's definitely a roll under 2!

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003




Lance Photon

Lance had just finished running one last test on Captain Darcy when he noticed the klaxons going off. He grabbed his bag and took off running.

As the doors slid open, habit took over. "Dr. Photon reporting to the bridge Capta...." Lance trailed off as he remembered that the Captain was safely suspended in a pod back in the medical lab. This realization caused a twinge of sadness, which was quickly replaced with confusion as he looked at the main view screen.

"Who took us out of hyperspace in the middle of an asteroid field?"

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Deneb Sol Centauri CXCVIII (3)

"I did press the 'shield' button," Deneb firmly replies, "only you deactivated it when you stole away control!"

Furrowing her brow, she returns her attention to her console. But this time it's different, this time she's mad about it. Her fingers rapidly, lightly dance over her controls, fully given over to the muscle memory born from the brilliant combination of anger and a lifetime of practice. She snarls a running commentary of what she's doing, each individual keypress she makes growing in force, "Reasserting control... Reinitializing emitters... Creating security lockouts..."

Then she fiercely whirls back around in her chair to face Hugh, slamming her hand down on the shield button!

(Feelings, plus for prepared, plus for Hugh's help. 1, 1, 1 Ahahahaha!)

"There," she announces triumphantly, only to be greeted with the same disapproving tones from her command station. Her expression of triumph immediately transforms into one of unexpected shock, "Hexweaver's Blood! What in the name of the First Matriarch did you do to the shields?!"

She has no time to wait for acting Acting Captain Mann's response, getting to her feet she declares, "all hands! Point defenses! Brace for impact!"

bahamut fucked around with this message at Nov 21, 2014 around 03:23

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Miss Roboto

It's odd, this message. At first listen, it sounds like a repeating distress signal. No, it definitely is. But riding along with the message as an encoded sub-signal is something you can't quite explain...yet. It feels...heavy. The longer you listen to it, the heavier it feels.

"CSS *chkck*-tanta calling for *chck*-lp. Adrift. Eng-*chck* damaged by *chkck*-known anomaly. *chhckhck*-vors. Supplies low. Captain *chckk* Signing Off."

Mauri

Excitement only gets you so far in the field of Astrogation. Sure, you might have figured out where the safe zone is, but alas, in your frantic attempt to plot a course, you've only found that the countless minor asteroids serve as admirable chaff for the sensors. The larger rocks appear and disappear on the scanner as they pass through and around the smaller clouds. You could swear that this machine is just making fun of you now.

Juliet - LASER FEELINGS

In dangerous situations, it takes a cool head to see what's really going on - a cool head like yours! The asteroid inbound for the port engine vaporizes in a satisfying display of gunnery.

With your moment of respite, you realize something disturbing about the safe zone ahead. It's not that the patterns of asteroids just happen to be avoiding the marooned vessel. Instead, it's as if there's a boundary around the ship where the asteroids just...stop.

Deneb

This is it. You're going to die. You're going to die and it's all Hugh's fault. You brace yourself for impact. The ship rumbles as something explodes.

Wait. That wasn't the ship exploding, it was the asteroid fragment! Looks like Juliet saved all your collective bacon. Also the console you're sitting at gives a squeal and flares up in a shower of sparks. It didn't seem to appreciate all of the stress you put it under in the last minute or so. Who needs shields right now anyway? Or a pilot without minor flash-burns? You're practically out of the death zone by now, right? Good thing there's auxiliary piloting controls for situations just like this.

Well, you -did- still fail quite spectacularly :V.

Lance

Thank goodness nobody is hurt too badly yet. Oh wait. Deneb just got exploded slightly. She might need a little bit of help if she's going to be able to fly you all out of this mess.

-------------------

FYI, you guys are nearly clear of the asteroids. If you can just get the heck out of the death zone now, then you'll be free to investigate why the hell you're even here in the first place. Don't forget, you can declare that you're assisting another character somehow, and they will receive a +1d on their roll. Could be useful if you're at a loss for a way to directly impact the current challenge.

DALT, you technically still have an alternate action to take from your LASER FEELINGS, but it seems like others may have covered likely actions based on your given information.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann (3)

Hugh rubs his temples, looking for an excuse as to why the shields didn't work correctly instead of helping Lieutenant Commander Centauri with any minor console based burning.

"Well of course it didn't work, what with all the drat power fluctuations and improper handling of consoles! That drat plug in with the beeps and boops, I bet thats the cause!" Hugh shouts with a sharp look over to Bolt and Centauri. "But I suppose we can't all be excellent crew members like Juliet! We're still in danger though.. Looks like I'm going to save us all AGAIN!"

Happy that the horrid Command Panel Plug-in is gone, which of course will be the cause of, Hugh accesses the auxillary controls and using his disappointment and anger at inept crew members (also largely denial about this own involvment in the current state of affairs) Hugh is always prepared to cover his mistakes and be the Captain he has always meant to be.. and save the day! (Or at least take credit for it).

FEELINGS 1d+1d expert at covering his mistakes and blaming others
http://orokos.com/roll/233482
2#1d6: 2 # 5 [1d6=5] 4 [1d6=4]
Two successes!


Hugh gleams with pride. What a hero!

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003




Lance Photon (2)

Lance springs to action. He rushes past the still sparking console to Deneb's side. With practiced skill and a determined set to his lantern jaw, Lance works quickly, but methodically on Deneb's burns and cuts. As he is applying the last of the synthetiskin to her left hand, the words "stole", "shields", and "Acting Captain" form a clear picture in the back of his mind. He tightens his fist and turns to chew out Hugh. Unfortunately, the fist he tightens is the one holding the Synthetiskin Lifesaving Automatic Blobule. Synthetiskin sprays out of the SLAB and all over Deneb's hand, turning it into an ersatz flipper.

LASERS 1d+1d expert at medicine
http://orokos.com/roll/233483
2d6: 9 (6,3)
One success

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

~Question Time!~

So this is totally not because I forgot, but I have a question for you all:

Does the Falcon have additional crew members who are loyal but generally forgettable, or are you guys the only thing standing between the dangers of space and your own imminent doom?

Actual updates to come later.

Edit: I ask because I've been following Kellsterik's game, and I realize that you all may want to be more of a Star Trek crew (experts in a sea of anonymous redshirts), rather than a Firefly crew (experts all alone against the galaxy). You seem to be doing just fine as the latter, and it's really only a question of style, not difficulty.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at Nov 21, 2014 around 12:32

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Its always useful to have redshirts

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Juliet Jericho [4]

"Hey, Dalt, be careful out there. I got a bad feeling about this place. Untrustworthy." Juliet flicks comms over to the Falcon and takes a breath before speaking again. "Hey there, Falcon, how you doin' out there? Not exploding, I hope."

Yeah, I was assuming this was a Star Trek style ship with a big NPC crew.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri (2)

"Great work, Juliet!" Mauri announces over the comms. "We all owe you a drink. Oh, and good news, we're nearly clear of the asteroids!"

They're not Redshirts! Each one is an integral, valued member of the crew. Like Dave! And...Dave! And the other one.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

By virtue of 50% of you telling me that you want redshirts (Dagon said yes in IRC), Redshirts you shall have. My next post might not happen until tomorrow morning. Thanksgiving is rearing it's wattled head early for me this weekend.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003



5-MeO-DALT [2]

Dalt releases his grip on the asteroid. Hopefully he had weakened it enough that it would just break apart on the Falcon's hull without too much damage. "Do you see that wreck Juliet?" He says over comms. "Fly over here so I can hitch a ride, and we can both go check it out. Unless our acting captain is arranging an away team?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri(2)

"Away team! Yes!" Mauri says. Out loud. She's eager, no doubt, and locks the sensors back down to automatic mode. She's halfway to the bridge door before stopping. "Permission to join, Acting Captain?"

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Hugh

One of the bridge crew looks at you admiringly. "I've always believed in you, sir!" You've got at least one fan aboard this vessel, so there's that at least! Captain Darcy would be proud, if he wasn't comatose.

Lance, Deneb

Yup. That's a flipper alright. It should resolve itself in due time; the synth skin doesn't bond too well with itself, so the excess will just drop off after a bit. For now, though, Deneb will need to deal with having a weird fleshy appendage instead of proper fingers. A capable pilot should still be able to fly, even if it might be a bit clunky.

I lied, and here's some words for you all now. Deneb loses her preparedness for her next piloting roll, or an action that requires two hands. You're no longer in imminent danger from the asteroids colliding with you, although you'll need to move the ship away from this part of the field regardless of whether you're investigating the wreck or just loving off into space.

Sounds like an away team is in the works; you're equipped with transporters, but they can only take 6 at a time under normal conditions. You could also attempt to fly up and dock with the wreck, either with a fighter or the
Falcon itself.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann



Green Intern posted:

Hugh

One of the bridge crew looks at you admiringly. "I've always believed in you, sir!" You've got at least one fan aboard this vessel, so there's that at least! Captain Darcy would be proud, if he wasn't comatose.

"Someone promote that man!" Hugh squints.. "Da.. Dave! Yes!".

Hugh's eyes follow a slightly blurred Mauri and she speeds past. Several seconds later a muffled question is hear and Hugh rolls his eyes. "Yeeesss, fine Mauri.. but take Commander Dave with you!" he shouts in response. "As a treat to my excellent crew I offer any and all to take a little trip! If you trust someone with the VERY trustworthy teleportation system that we use.. (don't mention the bucket incident, well bucketS.. *shudder*).. then good luck to you! I don't want to outshine everyone so I'll just sit here in this lovely chair." Hugh beings to slowly sit, hoping nobody interrupts his self coronation.. he makes it and smiles. "I'll uhh.. hold down the fort. Have fun in the unscanned strange vessel, try not to get eaten!"

Hugh thinks for a second.

"MeO-DALT and Juliet, you get first dibs on the loot if you get there first!" Hugh states. A good Captain rewards deserving crew! WAIT.. "Unless it's whiskey, Captains dibs."

stevey666 fucked around with this message at Nov 21, 2014 around 22:29

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Deneb Sol Centauri (3)

"Thanks, Doctor," Deneb says with an mix of tired and sheepish expressions. Holding up her hand, she tries to wiggle her fingers, but with no bones yet reformed in her hand she only accomplishes a weird sort of flopping motion. A decidedly weird sensation. Then she returns her attention to the matter at hand.

"Ensign Mann," she declares, firmly placing a hand on one hip, and flipper on the other, "there -is- no acting captain. Before he left to get his brain surprise de-impulsed he left me with the conn. And even if you were acting captain, that still doesn't allow you to promote people to commander!"

She shoots a pointed look at Dave, "you're still an ensign, Ensign Dave." She took no satisfaction in watching Dave's shoulders slump. Well. Maybe there was a little bit of satisfaction.

"It's going to be boring and awful here as we repair whatever Hugh messed up during his attempt to leapfrog the chain of command," the Melliferan pilot declares, sounding all stern and dutiful, "tons of diagnostic work around here to be done. Hand re-catalyzing the system core's data-blocks according to their isotope's atomic phase would probably be more interesting. If you want glory and promotion, Mr.Mann, perhaps you should consider going on the away team."

"...which I am okay with. The whole launching an away team thing," Deneb clarifies, immediately tacking on a friendly reminder, "set your lasers to 'annihilate'."

Looking back at the would-be acting captain, she pronounces a potentially mundane fate that awaits him, "otherwise you can start with running diagnostics on the binary load regulators in docking bay B. I trust you remember your binary from The College."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova (4)

Busy monitoring the ship's power grid as the shields are up and they're trying to navigate through the asteroid field, occasionally adjusting a setting here and there to make sure everything that needs power gets it, Bolt quits cursing and muttering for a moment. Even when Deneb fries her console, the engineer can only muster an ice-cold glare.

Once the ship has reached safety, she immediately checks the reports to see what damage the ship sustained beyond a broken computer console. It doesn't look that bad, truth be told, and Bolt's hot head cools down significantly almost immediately as she's starting to take inventory of what needs repairs.

When Deneb starts chewing out Hugh, her blood pressure shoots back up. "You're the last person who should question anyone's ability to operate machinery or computers", Bolt sneers, pointing a the fried console. "The engineering team would welcome the support, though, Ensign Mann", she continues, grinning at Hugh.

Lasers (<4) to analyze damage reports: 2#1d6 1 4 - LASER FEELINGS: Who should be in charge around here (as in "being actually suited for command")?

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003




Lance Photon [5]

Lance pats Hugh on the shoulder.

"An away mission will do you a world of good Hugh. There's wrecked ship out there and we have no idea what could be inside. Hostile aliens? A security system gone rogue? Horrifying missteps of science? Whatever it is, it's sure to be thrilling. Thrilling and dangerous. Of course if you think you're needed on the here for dull safe repairs, I'll convey your regrets to the rest of the team."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Kyra

The ship's damage is negligible. You'll just have to keep an eye on the power grid to keep any more circuits from frying. drat thing can be so fickle, it's almost like it's waiting for the perfect time to go bust.

Now that you have a chance to think about it, the ship's command structure is pretty stupid. There's Captain Darcy at the top, but then everyone else on the bridge crew was given an equal ranking, with priority within their own areas of expertise. The captain never did designate a true Number 2. Given the current situation, however, it would be wise to have someone level-headed in charge. Someone who puts the needs of the crew first. Someone like...the chief medical officer!

And hell, if he doesn't work out, you can always try and find someone else.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri (2)

"Yes Sir! Commander Dave!" Mauri says, with a wide gesture of her arm. Nobody's ever been entirely clear on what rank Mauri holds, 'Princess' being a title. Rumor around the ship had it that Theta Gamma XIII cut a deal with Space Armada to get one of their more energetic daughters off-planet. They then either lied to Mauri outright, or she got the idea in her head that the whole thing with a big test.

Hence willingness to risk bucketification.

"Kyra! We could use an engineer. Who knows what amazing exotic alien technology we'll find that will wind up killing us without your quick thinking!" Mauri says as she gets into the Hyperlift. Before the door closes, she sticks an arm out to block the doors. "The aliens might be green, Captain," she adds with encouragement. Ignoring for the moment that at least two of the aliens on the ship, including Mauri herself, are distinctly not-green. Whatever Acting Captain Hugh decides, Mauri takes off quickly, zipping down to the teleport bay and entering the room at a near run. "Lock on to that ship!" she instructs. "And you! Dave!" she points at a technician who'd been working on something. "Congratulations, you're on an away team."

Mauri will pad the party up to six, as needed depending on how many PCs want to come. Woo, away team!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

There's always the option of using it twice, if more than 6 people (and some Daves) want to go.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Juliet Jericho [4]

Juliet scans the surrounding space and locates both the wreck and Dalt. She switches back to Dalt's comm and makes some slow, lazy manoeuvres over to the android. "On my way, buddy, will be dropping the line for you shortly. Then we can take a look at the haunted house over there."

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006


Trust me, compañeros. I'm very good. I got Trump elected.


Fun Shoe

Miss Roboto

"I'll go along too," the slender silvery cyborg announces, stepping away from her comms console, "You may need an interpreter, and I seem to understand their language, considering I made out that distress signal just fine, despite all the static." Realizing she never announced the distress signal to the bridge crew, Miss Roboto adds, "There may be something anomalous involved. So be prepared for an anomaly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann

The first things that hit Hugh's ears are talk of MORE green aliens. Ones who have not already pushed away his advances! Now he'll need an excuse to get over there since the Captain shouldn't leave the ship! Then he suddenly realises he is getting a few nasty looks and people seem to want to take over the ship.. after he saved it to! Ungrateful!

"So it's mutiny is it?" Hugh shouts, standing up. "I don't think so! We can't afford the mess. The Captain never set up a chain of command, but when he was in the thralls of getting his brains fried he was pointing at me and he clearly said 'Help Captain'. He called me Captain, we all saw it! Given that's the most he ever spoke on the subject it will have to do."

Hugh sighs. "But fine, lead by example perhaps. I shall join Mauri" Hugh says, pointing towards the open door. "COMMANDER Dave, let us investigate this ship like the brave space fairers we are and leave these nerds behind!" Commander Dave grins, mad with power, power in which if he loses he will turn violent. One of those types.

"Now look at that ship on the monitor!" Most eyes turn to the monitor as Hugh and Dave quickly leave the deck and head towards the bucket of flesh machine-I mean transporter.

stevey666 fucked around with this message at Nov 24, 2014 around 23:56

  • Locked thread