Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri

"Excellent!" Mauri calls to Miss Roboto, giving her double finger guns as they get on the lift.

"Aren't all derelict ships anomalous? " Mauri wonders aloud. "Never mind, we'll find our soon enough!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003



5-MeO-DALT [2]

"Good, we can make a landing on the derelict and make sure it is clear before the rest of the away team arrives." Dalt says, outstretching an arm to catch the tow cable as Juliet flies past. "If they arrive. Using the transporter could be dangerous if the anomaly that pulled us out of hyperspace is still active."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova (4)

"Great! Go break some stuff on the other ship and leave the Falcon alone for a while. I can get behind that.", Kyra sneers. When it comes to breaking stuff, a lot of the worst offenders were volunteering for the away team. That means there'll be a window of opportunity to catch up with repairs while they're away. Small stuff that gets left lying in the wake of more important stuff: stuck doors, malfunctioning replicators, broken monitors, and other "chores".

While the away team was getting organized, Kyra assembles her engineering Daves and barks her orders at them. She herself would operate the transporter, a task too important to be left to anyone else.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Alright, once everyone's assembled on the transporter/hitched to the fighter, appropriate people should make rolls.

I hope you all had a good weekend; I did.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

The Derelict Ship looms ominously ahead of you. What secrets does it hold? It must be the reason you were dragged out of hyperspace. It is your solemn duty to figure out why that is; to ignore it would be a dereliction of responsibilities - and you'd get laughed at back at Consortium HQ.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri (2)

The team's all assembled on the transport pad, with Mauri pulling on her gloves and itching to go."

"Kyra! Energize!" she cries.

"Wait!"

She pulls out her ray gun and holds it in a dramatic pose. There we go!

"Energize!"

Mauri isn't allowed to activate the transporter, not since the accident.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Deneb Sol Centauri (3)

With the members of the away team safely away from the bridge, Deneb set about rerouting flight control to a different panel until her original one could be repaired. One-handed, it was slow going, but perhaps that was for the best. Although her judgement was often sound, she was easily given over to her emotion and instinct. Nevertheless, it was with her heart that she did what
was necessary, she was determined to get things set right again.

(6, 4 Feelings, Expert to restore the ship's control.)

"Has there been any improvement in the Captain, doctor," the Melliferan asked, leaning back in her chair while she waited for the computer to finish executing the commands she had provided.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Juliet Jericho [4]

"All right, buddy, hold onto your lugnuts because we're going in for a surface patrol," Juliet says, flipping a few switches and jet-braking through the asteroid field to reach the area of calm around the wreck. "The away team's going to be giving the inside a good look, so it's our job to keep an eye on what's outside."

A few gentle taps of the controls here and there, and the fightercraft settles down onto the surface of the wreck with barely a problem, but not before setting Dalt down first. The powerful magnetic clamps keep it secured firmly to the wreck's ferrous exterior, allowing Juliet to slip out of the cockpit and join Dalt on the surface, the both of them sporting magnetic boots with a similar tech to them as the fightercraft.

"Nothin' but net, Dalt. You ready to investigate?"

I am prepared to do this, an expert fightercraft jockey, so I'm getting three dice to Feelings my way into position.

[04:01] <+skybot> FuegoFish: 14 (3d6=5, 6, 3)

Swish! Two hits, that's a flawless success.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova (4)

"Shut it, Mauri! You know you're not in charge of the transporter in any way. And you know exactly why, don't you?" The question comes off as more of an accusation - and it's supposed to. "I'll energize when everyone's ready and done with any shenanigans, not one second earlier." Ignoring any other pleas for making haste, Kyra takes her time to double and triple check the teleporter to ensure the away team will arrive safely.

To not hold up the game once everyone's ready to go, I already rolled with expertise and preparation: Lasers (<4) to teleport the away team: 3#1d6 4 4 3
DOUBLE LASER FEELINGS: What's the worst that could happen on the Raptor while they are away? What should
I be worried about?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Deneb

It's all set. The Raptor's flight systems are back in tip-top shape and you're to thank for it! And thank goodness Hugh is out of your hair for now. If things stay as they are, it shouldn't be any trouble at all to get out of the asteroid field.

Juliet and Dalt



Nice flying! A flight computer might be precise, but it doesn't have the same intuition as a real pilot. You and Dalt settle down on the surface of the derelict vessel without incident, although you thought you could feel a certain pressure change as you approached the ship. It felt...heavy. Like it was harder to move. Perhaps a malfunctioning gravity generator? You're still fit to investigate, though, and you can't feel any ill effects so far.

You can see its name painted on the side, although it's faded and worn - [CSS SETANTA]. It's definitely a reconnaissance and survey vessel, Owl-Class, you think. Why it's out here abandoned in the middle of an asteroid field, well, you'll have to find out for yourself.

Kyra

In the moments before you hit the Energize button, you think to yourself on everything that's happened so far, and what might yet come. Considering what you know so far, the Raptor could be at risk of an energy feedback loop from the anomaly, but that would only happen if you foolishly engaged a transporter beam without calibrating for fluctuating signal strength during transmission caused by penetration of unknown and sustained energy fields. Oh. Right. Well, it might be alright if you sent them over now, but you could always try and sort it out. The away team might think you're weird or incompetent for making them wait, though.

For your own personal safety? It's much the same, albeit on a smaller scale. Maybe you could rig something up while the away team is...away.

Technically, LASER FEELINGS aren't a success, so you've got a Risky Success there. You can reroll (because of your LASER FEELINGS) to try and do better, or just accept it and take a chance on what I toss at you. I'm leaving it up to you for now. I might not post again until Friday regardless.
------------------------------
Have a great Turkey Day if you're in the US, and a great Thursday if you're not.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


I'll take the Reroll: 3#1d6 3 2 6 - 2 successes. Much better.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003



5-MeO-DALT [2]

"Hmm, an Owl-Class reconnaissance and survey vessel, I think." Dalt says, heavy footsteps on the hull made even heavier by the miracle of magnets and the weird gravity. "Gravity generators are usually by the drives, right? Past all the radiation shielding." He says, stomping off that direction.

Feelings my way toward where the gravity stuff might be. <+skybot> Dagon: 3 (1d6=3)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Energize

Everyone on the transporter pad feels a small jerk as Kyra beams you up. Normally there's a brief moment of blackout as you travel, before your consciousness reasserts itself on the other side of the transmission. It's not pleasant, but it's something that you're all prepared for. This time, it's more akin to slamming your face against a steel fence, getting squeezed through the cracks, and then having your bits glued together at high speed. Imagine what it would be like if someone less competent was at the controls!

You all phase in safely on the bridge of the Setanta. It's quiet. The air is unnaturally still, and there's a persistent heaviness to your movements. This section of the ship seems to be airtight, at least. If there's any anomalous effect going on here, then it's not hurting you yet. No crew to be seen immediately. The consoles flicker dimly on reserve power, and you can see the automatic distress signal repeating on the main comms console. There is one thing that is instantly alarming: the emergency munition locker has been opened, and all of the phase pistols are gone.

Dalt
It doesn't take a genius to figure out where this heavy feeling is coming from. All you need to do is just follow this heavy feeling that seems to pervade the Setanta. You pass by silent windows and hatches on your path; the interior of the ship is dark. Clambering around a small exhaust port, you can see the engines as you come over the curve of the hull. As you stand considering where to start your investigation, the characteristic red beam of a phaser pistol sails over your shoulder from behind! Whoever fired must have been hiding behind that last sensor array you passed by, waiting to get the drop on you! You're in dire straights if you don't think fast.

Juliet
You can barely see the flash of phaser-fire over the curve of the hull. Somethings definitely not right over there.

Deneb and Kyra
Excellent job keeping things from exploding any more on your end of things. Now you've got some quiet time to make minor adjustments and prepare anything you think you might need. At least, as long as nothing terrible happens in the meantime. Things will almost certainly be fine, though.

-------------------------

I just want to be clear, so correct me if I'm wrong:
the Transporter Team is Hugh, Lance, Ms. Roboto, and Mauri? (with two Daves to fill out the last slots)

Juliet and Dalt are outside the Setanta.

Deneb and Kyra are on the Falcon.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Deneb Sol Centauri (3)

These moments were rare. Also, this temporary station she'd relocated to was conveniently close to the duplicator. Duplicating a cup of coffee with cream and extra sugar based off of the master cup of coffee with cream and extra sugar permanently preserved in Paris across from the master kilogram, she took her time as she ran some sensor scans. It was a crime that she should be introduced to this wonderful drink so late in life, she thought. There was no analogue to the coffee bean on Mellifera, but she had become firmly addicted during her time the Consortium College. The bridge was quieter now without Hugh bellowing commands at everyone, and Deneb relished the relative tranquility.

The alien girl savored this rare and precious moment as she directed the sensors to scan the derelict ship, taking a long sip from a coffee cup which proudly proclaimed 'Instant human: Just add coffee!'

(6, 5, 1 Feelings, Prepared, Expert. Why is Deneb an expert at sensors? There's no PC science officer! As pilot, she is the resident sensor expert by default!)

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri (2)

Engergizing!

The Princess feels briefly ill as she gets broken down into her component atoms and shot over to the other ship.

Mauri takes a second to orient herself, then takes a few excited, nearly bouncing steps to the comms console, slapping it to shut off the distress signal. "Dave!" she calls. "Can you work on getting some basic control back?" she asks, gesturing to the sparking, flashing consoles. "Do you need help?" Ms. Roboto should be good at that, being a robot and all.

The explorer shifts her stance. "Aren't there supposed to be pistols there?" she asks. "We should try to find the crew, they might be in trouble." Mauri pulls her other pistol and heads towards the door with near girlish enthusiasm. "Oh, maybe see if you can get internal sensors working!" she adds, before going into the corridor to search for the crew.

Exploring is something Mauri does with gusto, so this is using Feelings!
skybot> Platonicsolid: 6 (2d6=3, 3)
Two successes!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova (4)

With a few touches on the teleporter control screen, Kyra sets up an emergency evacuation for the away team. If they need to get out quickly AND ONLY THEN, you can get them out by pressing the big red button here", Kyra explains to the most qualified of the engineering Daves nearby, "don't touch anything else or you'll be cleaning out the waste shafts by hand for the forseeable future, understood?" The young man nods. "I'll be back in a few minutes", she explains, "so you better have enough willpower to not touch that button until then if you know what's good for you."

Then she sets out to check on her charges and the repairs she had assigned to them. She has a few word of motivation for them in her unmistakable, but easily misunderstood tone.


FEELINGS to motivate the engineers: 2#1d6 4 2 - Changing my action and taking a reroll off the 4

With a few touches on the teleporter control screen, Kyra sets up an emergency evacuation for the away team. "Dobson", she barks at the young engineer, "go and make the rounds, check on these idiots, and make drat sure they don't gently caress up their repairs." She notices a look of bewilderment and hesitation on Dobson's face. "Don't look like a squirrel when lightning strikes", she explains, "I actually trust you well enough to handle this."

When Dobson leaves, Kyra quickly grows restless as nothing is happening at her station. She can't help herself and addresses her "idiots" over the intercom. Her usual abuse isn't really helpful and is likely more of a distraction and interruption of the engineers' and mechanics' concentration.

FEELINGS to motivate the engineers (reroll): 2#1d6 1 1 - Yeah, life won't be boring on the Raptor...

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Deneb

You, a cup of joe, and the sensor arrays. The other Melliferans just didn't know what they were missing. Operating the sensors at such a close range to your target area is simple, even if you're not technically a trained expert. You've spent enough time on this vessel to know how to get readouts and switch spectra and all that, though, and it's all thanks to this kind of alone time that lets you feel at peace.

Anyway, business: Looks like there's some serious mojo going on with the Setanta. Based on the initial scan, the easiest way to explain the odd energy field would be "a stasis capsule working overtime." It's like the whole ship is caught in a low-level stasis field. Not immediately harmful to organic life...probably.

Mauri
The eager ensigns get to work poking and prodding at the controls onboard the Setanta. You've got better and more exciting things to do, though. The atmosphere lies heavy inside the Setanta. Your own personal data-corder says that it's breathable, but you may want to keep your helmet on unless you like breathing incredibly stale air. You exit the bridge to find some clues as to what's going on. You don't need to go far. As you pass by some dark rooms - the auto-doors grinding sadly as they slowly open and close - you hear some motion around the next bend. You think it might be towards an auxiliary engineering bay. It sounds like heavy footsteps, maybe a handful of people at the most. Whoever it is, they don't sound like they know you're there yet.

Kyra
You're shouting some choice encouragement at the engineering team when you hear a squawk from one of them. You think it might be Dobson. "Uh Ma'am? Don't be mad but we may have a little bit of a situation in a jeffries tube on level 8. Poor Simmons was checking the fuses when one of them blew out unexpectedly. He's got some burns and he might be blinded a little bit. I think he'll be ok though! Uh...it's a bit dark down here though. We'll keep you posted!" Amateurs. You're surrounded by amateurs! But you knew that already; they're called Ensigns.

I'm not exactly sure if you would need to roll for something that's not explicitly risky, so you get a minor complication. It might be troublesome later, or it might not.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Juliet Jericho [4]

Phaser fire? To say that "something wasn't right about this" would be an understatement - this was phaser fire, and it was in the direction of her buddy Dalt!

Momentarily detaching her magnoboots, she hits her jetpack full-force and soars over the hull to find out the source of the problem and, if possible, put a stop to it. Sure, Dalt might be bigger and tougher, but damnit, it's the principle of the thing.

Two feelings for an expert move on the fly to charge in there to help!

[11:45] <+skybot> FuegoFish: 8 (2d6=5, 3)

One success!

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006


Trust me, compañeros. I'm very good. I got Trump elected.


Fun Shoe

Miss Roboto [2]

"Splendid idea, Princess," the radiant randy robot responds as Mauri bounds off into the bowels of the ship, "It's important for us to keep communicating, and those sensors will give us something to talk about." Miss Roboto shifts her gleaming metal body over to the console that most resembles the appearance and location of the sensor array on the Falcon. "Now Dave, you and I should be able to get this working, right?" She says with a wink, "Is it turned on yet?"

[21:28] <+skybot> Bloodnose: 3 (1d6=3)
That is a number higher than 2. Miss Roboto is not good with lasers.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003




Lance Photon (5)

Lance is disoriented badly by the transportation. It feels for a fleeing moment like his bodily cavities have been filled with cubes of bread. Lance bears down with steely resolve and the moment passes.

Lance turns to Hugh. "I'm going to stay here with Miss Roboto and go through the logs. You should go scouting with Mauri. Be careful and keep your phase pistol ready; we don't know what's out there."

Lance turns and begins doggedly going through the logs.
LASERS 1d
Check the logs: 1d6 4
One success

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Deneb Sol Centauri (3)

Tapping her unobtrusive and amazingly fashionable wrist-communicator, Deneb directs a message towards Mauri, "I ran a sensor scan on that ship, and it appears there's some sort of temporal field affecting it. It almost looks like the field generated by a stasis chamber, only amplified somehow. I can't quite gauge the chronomatic influence yet, though. So, stay alert. But something is definitely up."

Can I give a helping +1d to Mauri's next roll for vague sensor detectory informationish things?

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann (3)

It starts as a warm feeling in his belly, moving up his body and into his throat and then quickly out through his mouth. A splatter of vomit hits his visor, transporters never did work too will with alcohol for some reason. With the last little bit of visibility Hugh sees Mauri's readings.. breathable! Thank god. He takes off his helmet, the air is stale but certainly a step up from vomit.

Lance turns to Hugh. "I'm going to stay here with Miss Roboto and go through the logs. You should go scouting with Mauri. Be careful and keep your phase pistol ready; we don't know what's out there."

"Agreed... just one thing first. Every ship needs a Captain." Hugh heads towards the Captains seat and with his best air of Captain-ness attempts to sit and claim the ship for his own, and of course check down the sides of the seat for various change and such. Hugh is an expert at Captaining in his own very correct opinion.
FEELINGS GO!
Results 2#1d6: 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 5 [1d6=5] - 1 Success
http://orokos.com/roll/236131


A Mann of his word, Hugh then follows Mauri out and hides behind her when she stops to listen intently at something down the corridor.

stevey666 fucked around with this message at Dec 4, 2014 around 12:53

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Mauri can totally get a helping hand from that. I'll have an actual update later today sometime. Work has been slamming me.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri

This is...ominous. Or, it would be ominous to anybody else. Mauri? EXCITING!

The Princess edges down the hall carefully, one foot instead of another. Wouldn't do to trip on a loose tool kit, puncture her suit and die. Her sisters would never let her hear the end of it. The clunking noise echoes mutedly in her helmet. "I found somethi..." she starts, and then there's a faint chirp in her earpiece.

Marui looks at her wrist, taps a button and opens up the channel to Deneb. "That's interesting. I thought I heard something. Maybe it's stasis equipment?" she suggests. Going with her gut, Mauri unlatches her helmet and takes it off, putting aside so she can speak more directly to people. Mauri moves around the bend, towards that (apparently) auxiliary engineering area. "Hello!" she calls, "We got your distress call! We're here to help!" (And please ignore my pistol...)

Marui's going with her gut and trusting whomever's in there that they need help. This is preumably helped by Deneb confirming there's probably somebody there, and not identifying a thermal detonator or whatever.
<skybot> Platonicsolid: 5 (2d6=1, 4)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Miss Roboto and Lance

The two of you start picking through the consoles, hoping to find sensor readings, captain's logs, cafeteria reports - anything to tell you what happened here on the ship! Lance starts to pull up some recent logs. Hyperspace routes, destination reports...wait! Unidentified artifacts? This bears further investig- The console goes blank as Miss Roboto fries the local circuits. It'll take a little bit of repair to get it up and running.

Juliet and Dalt

Juliet, you hurl yourself valiantly across the ship's hull, intent on violently stopping whoever is shooting at your buddy. As you crest over the curve of the ship, you can finally see what's attacking. It's a...human? No! Humans don't have quite so many cybernetics attached to them. Something is definitely wrong here! And what's worse, the cyborg turns to bring its phaser to bear on you!

Hugh and Mauri

Hugh, despite your impressive Captain's Chair posture, you don't feel like you really made an impact with that display. Also there wasn't anything but some ABC gum in the seat cushion; what a bust. After leaving the bridge, you manage to arrive in time to bravely bring up the rear as Mauri rounds the corner. The two of you see three figures, one being dragged by the other two.

In this brief moment, you both notice that the upright pair are cybered-up in a grisly fashion. Bits and pieces of machinery jammed in without much regard for aesthetics or the health of the subject. The man being dragged is beaten badly, unconscious, and is definitely a member of the bridge crew. You don't have any more time than that, though, as the two cyborgs turn towards you, uttering some grinding computer sound. They start to draw phasers from their hips - You'd better do something or things are going to get messy.

Edit: posted this a bit too fast. The cyborgs appear to be wearing extremely tattered Consortium uniforms.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at Dec 5, 2014 around 05:09

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann (3)

"gently caress gently caress gently caress" Hugh shouts, while leaning around Mauri and firing his phase pistol wildly towards the cyborgs out of sheer terror Captainly braveness. His hands are quite steady considering the situation though, safety in numbers. (Numbers in front of you acting as a shield)

Feelings, pew pew pew! Hugh was prepared thanks to Lance Photons suggest of keeping his phase pistol out.
2#1d6: 2 # 3 [1d6=3] 1 [1d6=1]
http://orokos.com/roll/236794

Oh dear! Fail and FEEEELINGS. So.. is there anything Hugh could shout at these bastards to make them stop.. such as something diplomacy related or a command line i.e "COMMAND, SHUT DOWN."? I'll then change my action given the lack of success.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003



5-MeO-DALT [2]

It worked. Dalt had held still long enough to distract the ambusher and give Juliet a chance to fire back. To an untrained eye, when stationary, he looked like just another sensor or weapons node on the surface of the ship. Now it was his turn to lay down some covering fire so she could get another shot.

Helping Juliet, <+skybot> Dagon: 2 (1d6=2), with LASER FEELINGS.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Hugh

You thought these things were only tall tales told by veteran space-jockeys to scare newbies, but here they are, standing in front of you: Cyber Zombies. For whatever reason, one old space-salt's tall tale sticks out in your mind.

Old Spacefarer posted:

"Cyber Zombies don't understand illogical processes, at least not the drones. They only have one goal in mind, whether that's murder, cybering you up, or patrolling in lock-step. I myself have escaped nearly a hundred of those drat things just by blurting out something completely nonsensical! It only stuns'em for a moment though!"

Dalt

You actually don't need to roll to help someone! You can ask me a question anyway if you want. This isn't a punishing game.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova (4)

"Well then, get Simmons to the med bay and someone competent to fixing his fuckup. Don't make me come down there!", Kyra responds to the squeaky voice she believes to be Dobson's. Too many of the green ensigns have squeaky voices to really be sure.

Switching channels, the chatter on the channels to the away team is picking up. Seems like they've run into some trouble. Expected, really. A bigger cause for concern is Deneb's announcement of discovering a temporal field around the ship. "Not to make anyone any more nervous", she chimes in, "but I'll have to double check that this field isn't interfering with our teleporters. Wouldn't want to teleport you lot into the void - at least not without a reason."

Lasers (<4) to check for the field's effects on the teleporter: 2#1d6 4 4
Reroll: 2#1d6 3 5

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri

"Captain?" Mauri says with a distinct sound of surprise. She's looked over her shoulder to see what crazed lunatic was shooting. From behind her! "What're you doing here? Why are you shooting already? We can save these people!"

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Change of action to

Hugh Mann (3)

"gently caress gently caress gently caress" Hugh shouts, while leaning around Mauri and firing his phase pistol wildly towards the cyborgs out of sheer terror Captainly braveness.

As their phasers rise up Mauri exclaims "Captain? What're you doi-"

"ZOMBIES!" Hugh curtly interrupts. Stepping to the side of Mauri. "Hey Cyber Zombies!" Hugh belows, pointing towards his phase pistol. "This is NOT a phase pistol! It is a banana! Purple Monkey Dishwasher!"

As he walks towards the Zombies he shouts "I am NOT walking towards you, I am NOT firing my phase pistol into your faces!"

What a brave motherfucker!

"I AM NOT LAUGHING MANICALLY WHILE I DO IT HAHAHAHAHA"

Feelings to confuse zombies and face shoot: 2#1d6 5 1 - One success

I assume what I've done is valid, if not, take it for a re-roll I guess?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri

"They must have paradox-absorbing crumple zones!" Mauri exclaims. "Captain'!" she shrieks, leaping forward and lunging towards the captain's collar, trying to pull him back. "They'll kill you, or worse!"

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Kyra

You're confident that things aren't going to suddenly explode, despite the engineering team's best efforts. Looking at the teleporter energy readouts, it seems like the thing can be modulated to compensate for the free particles being emitted by this stasis field, or whatever it is. It'll be fine as long as nothing jostles the ship too much. It is at that moment that you notice a few blips on the transmission logs. It's as if someone is trying to enter the Raptor, but can't quite get a lock-on. There's only one likely source for the unknown transporter attempts: the Setanta. Friend or Foe? You'll have to figure that out.

Hugh

Mauri bravely tries to stop you as you charge forwards, but you ignore her! Captains know when they're going to win, and that time is right now! The Cyber Zombies seem to slow for a moment as you blather at them, giving you ample time to dispatch them with your phaser. Top notch job, and worthy of any Consortium commander. You have visions of medals galore as you look down at the unconscious crewman. He's definitely posted to the Setanta's bridge, and he's certainly had a rough time of it; bruises and small cuts all over. Before you can get a better look, you hear a muffled scream behind you. As you turn, Mauri's arms disappear into a maintenance hatch as she's dragged down by her legs! It seems that some Cyber Zombies are more agile than you'd like. The hatch seals automatically. At this very moment, all you can hope for is that Mauri puts up one hell of a fight.

-----------------------

Ok, full disclosure - PlatonicSolid has informed me that they'll be away for a couple of weeks, so Mauri will be out as an active character. However, that doesn't mean you can't still try to rescue her. You can all help decide Mauri's fate through your own actions. Press 1 to kill her, Press 2 to save her.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Juliet Jericho [4]

There's a pretty good reason Juliet boasts quite a bit, and that's because, hey, she really is just that good. With Dalt providing the distraction, it takes her all of 2.5 seconds to bring her weapon up. Another 0.6 seconds to plant a laser right between shoulder and arm, disconnecting it in a radial shower of sparks. Then 0.8 seconds to send a beam right through the torso, and 1.1 to hit the head. Total elapsed time: five seconds, to render the target from threat to debris.

"Hey Dalt, you doin' all right over there?" She asks nonchalantly, downplaying how wired she felt right now.

Sorry I am late. Rolling near-maximum feelings to do some seat-of-the-pants blastin'!

[03:58] <+skybot> FuegoFish: 15 (3d6=6, 5, 4)

Triple success, which I believe gives me an additional bonus, but also laser feelings! Tell me what the deal with these mamajamas is - who (or what) is controlling them?

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006


Trust me, compañeros. I'm very good. I got Trump elected.


Fun Shoe

Miss Roboto

"Lance," Miss Roboto calls out, looking at the sparking mass of tangled wires she's caused, "I think I got it working. Be a dear and see if these sensor readings mean anything to you. This panel is a little different from the Falcon's."

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003




Lance Photon (5)

"drat it, Miss Roboto, I'm a doctor not a repairman. There's nothing we more we can learn here. Our best shot is getting a look at that mysterious artifact."

The sound of gibberish echoes down the hall, followed by pistol fire.

"The team's in trouble, we should go see if anyone is injured."

Lance heroically runs toward the shooting. As he turns the corner, Lance almost stops short as he sees Hugh standing alone, phase pistol smoking over the corpses of CYBER ZOMBIES? Then his eyes catch the downed crew member. Lance rushes to his side to see how he is.

inspect the crew member: 2#1d6 4 4

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann (3)

Hugh stares in horror at the vanishing Mauri, just as the doc runs in and gets to work on ol' sleepy who is laying there in a pool of blood and what not no doubt.

"Raptor. This is the Captain, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news is, I'm up for a few medals. Bad news, we have CYBER loving ZOMBIES.. though two less thanks to me! They've also taken Mauri so if you could work on locating her that would be just lovely." Hugh broadcasts over the comms. He turns his head towards the bridge "ROBOTO, HOWS ABOUT YOU LINK INTO THE SENSOR SUITE AND FIND MAURI THERES A GOOD GI-ROBOT!" He shouts.

After a few seconds he nods to myself and stands guard over Lance. Hugh you goddamn hero.

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006


Trust me, compañeros. I'm very good. I got Trump elected.


Fun Shoe

Miss Roboto

The deeply emotional robot was stunned, utterly devastated that Lance would abandon her like this. She resists the urge to cry as Hugh yells at her through the comm, "Oh yeah!? Maybe I should just link into every little thing that asks without so much as buying me dinner first!" Miss Roboto stomps her feet in protest, "First I'll link into the sensor array, then you can link me, and after we find Mauri I'll link into her twice." She folds her arms, glancing periodically down at the shredded wiring.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

I'm getting slammed at work, and I'm away for some of this weekend. If there's no post up by Friday evening EST, then it's not happening for a couple of days.

Edit: You're all great.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at Dec 11, 2014 around 21:17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Juliet

In space, nobody can hear you being totally loving awesome. You completely scrap the Cyber Zombie, its organics burning away into vapor. With all this adrenaline coursing through your veins, your brain's on overdrive. You think back to your Consortium training course on Threats of the Galaxy. Cyber Zombies, you recall, are usually directed by a central operating unit. Any serious infestation will have one or more CZs that have received superior processing units and physical augmentation; A Brain Zombie, essentially. Given that you're not being swarmed already, this is probably a minor outbreak. You can expect there to be no more than a handful of the hub-zombies around. You and Dalt are certainly free to get to whatever's going on with those engines and power-drives now.

Lance and the Hallway Heroes

Without any other distractions for the moment, it's easy for you to tell this man's condition. He's been stunned by phasers, and beaten. Perhaps not in that order. Subsequent dragging across the floor didn't help his condition. He's not in danger of dying, and probably just needs some rest and fluids. You could wake him up if you want, although he may not appreciate the amount of pain he'll feel once he's conscious. Incidentally, not that he's no longer being taken away by killer cyborgs, you can identify his name and rank: Chief Navigator Pratik Bhandary.

  • Locked thread