Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova (4)

Oh sweet poo poo!, Krya thinks when she notices the attempts to get a teleporter lock-on on the Raptor. That can only mean trouble and possible damage to the ship. That's something she doesn't want to deal with. With a couple of swipes across the computer's interface, she puts herself on the bridge's intercom. "Hey! Whoever the gently caress chose to be in charge up there! We got someone trying to get a teleporter lock-on on us. Likely not our people. They haven't succeeded yet and I'll try to stop them, but maybe get at least some people ready for immediate reaction if they do. Just try to not cause a panic by publically announcing it or else all those idiots are bound to go crazy."

She knows she's not suited to organize such a response, like, at all. Not that she trusts anyone up there to do it either, but she has more important matters to attend to. Trying to prevent someone to get a lock-on on you wasn't easy. She knows what to do in theory, but never had to do it in practice, let alone under pressure. She better not gently caress this up.

Lasers (<4) to prevent lock-on: 2#1d6 1 6 - 1 success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Sorry about the slow posting on my part. We found out that my dog's kneecap has been flying free for some unknown amount of time, and that news necessitated some vet visits. I'll try to keep this moving tomorrow.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003



5-MeO-DALT [2]

"Thank you for the concern, Juliet. I am well. Cyber-zombies? What an abomination." Dalt says over the short-range comms. "Shall we continue to the engines? The sooner we remedy this disturbance, the sooner we can leave."

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003




Lance Photon (5)

After coldly and clinically appraising the situation, Lance makes a diagnosis. This man's faint can only be cured by the front of a doctors skilled hand applied to one cheek and the back of that same hand applied to the opposite cheek. The treatment is applied stat.
Rolling Lasers +1 for doctor
Slap that man awake!: 2#1d6 4 2 Two Sucessses

As the man's eyes flutter open, Lance barks questions at him. "What happened to your crewmates? How did Cyber-Zombies get on board? Why are we in some sort of stasis?" Lance punctuates each question by firmly shaking the man by his shoulders.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann (3)

As Lance Photon attempts to shake poor Chief Navigator Pratik Bhandary to death, Hugh helps by feeling around for any interesting items in the navigators pockets. You know, just in case he's space crazy and has a phaser or suggestive images of his partner.

Hugh is an expert at quietly pocketing things, though admittedly it's usually complimentary mini bar sized items.

Feelings around some guys person for items and such: 2#1d6 5 5 Two Sucesses!


I demand dog imagery, the ship needs its mascot!
Also big thanks for running this game, Kellsterik's died on its arse!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Kyra

The lights flicker as external transporter energy bursts attempt to force their way into the Raptor. Whoever's directing this assault is not messing around. A single figure fizzles and pops as it phases into physical form across the room from you. Even as its form sharpens, you can already tell it has far too many metallic bits to be anything but an enemy. It would be bad if it remained active on the Raptor, needless to say.

Lance

*Slap* *Slap*. You administer some sound medical treatment, and begin with your battery of questions. Navigator Bhandary comes to with a gasp of air and a short scream before he realizes that you're not killer cyborgs. He tries to respond as best he can, despite Lance's rapid-fire inquiry.

"We were on assignment at BD-1762, surveying some ruins which were found on a previous mission. Alien, unknown origin. The only reason we were there was because the Consortium Central Astronomical Observatory started recording odd energy fluctuations in that sector of space. We didn't realize that we were taking our hands into our own lives! Just being near those ruins, the energy readings were off the charts...some kind of stasis field. Took everything we had to just walk around. Then the C-Zs started coming. We lost people in ones and twos at first, then they started coming out of the woodwork once they felt like they outnumbered us. The strangest thing was that every time we thought we'd outflanked them, they seemed to move almost faster than we could see. The captain ordered us to demolish the ruins as much as we could while we fled. She figured that there was some connection to the structure, and if we couldn't kill all of the drat C-Zs, then we might as well wreck their house."

He pauses for a moment to catch his breath. It takes him some effort, but he rises to his feet and leans against a nearby bulkhead. "I can feel what you mean. They're doing something to this ship. It feels like it's back on that planet. I hope Captain Cassidy is alright. I remember her setting the distress call, and then ordering us to hole up while she and the security team tried to clear the engineering decks. The C-Zs are concentrated there. I wish I knew how they got aboard. Maybe they cracked our transporter frequency from a captured crewman's transciever."

Hugh

While Bhandary comes to, you quickly dip your hands into his pockets. You find a few sundry items, including a flex-paper photo of a lovable dog. You also find a phaser (which you're free to take), and the Chief Navigator's datapad, which likely contains travel records from the past few weeks, as well as journal entries and other assorted personal items.

Everyone on the Setanta
You feel your blood slow a bit as the stasis effect intensifies. Too much more of this, and you might start having difficulties!

To review:
Hugh and Lance are standing in this hallway, with the now-conscious navigator and two smoldering Cyber Zombie corpses. Mauri has been kidnapped. Miss Roboto is messing with the consoles on the Setanta. Juliet and Dalt are proceeding towards the external engine assemblies. Deneb is manning the bridge of the Raptor, while Kyra is receiving an uninvited guest. Things are getting heavy over on the Setanta.

Work's been kicking my rear end a bit, so I haven't had much time to post recently. I'll probably post something else soonish for anyone who doesn't have a specific bit above here. Please feel free to do some light RP and such in the meantime if you think you have room to do so in your current position.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Juliet Jericho [4]

Approaching the engines, Juliet speaks aloud, the short-range comm broadcasting her voice over the soundless void to Dalt. "You're more of the science type than me, ol' buddy, so I think you'd better do all the poking around back here. I'll just keep a weather eye out for trouble." She gives a cursory glance at the engines, looking much like huge oddly-shaped towers from their peculiar vantage point on the hull's surface. "Y'never realize how big these things are until you get up close, huh?"

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann (3)

Hugh examines the photoflex of a very cute and lovable dog and smiles for a few seconds.. forgetting the madness that are cyber zombies. He pockets the image for emergencies and grabs the phaser too (double phaser power!).

"Well, Lance" Hugh says, double phasers pointing at him non-nonchalantly. "I believe we're wanted on engineering deck." Hugh begins to walk down the corridor and then walks back. "Which way was that again?"

Now that he knows where it is, Hugh skulks towards to the engineering deck.

stevey666 fucked around with this message at Dec 26, 2014 around 16:18

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova (4)

"OH SWEET poo poo!", Krya exclaims as the intruder manifests. Hitting the right buttons to put her on broadcast, she addresses everyone on the ship: "Got a hostile in the transporter room, would appreciate assistance. Everyone watch out for things teleporting on board anywhere!" After the call for help, she moves around the desk and towards the intruder, ready to tackle them as soon as they're fully physically manifested.

Feelings (>4) to tackle the intruder: 1d6 4 - LASER FEELINGS! No success, but I ask "What's the best way to knock out this thing?"

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

I'll be making an update post tomorrow evening or Monday. I'm traveling back tomorrow after my holiday week at my parents'.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



I'm back! I'll hold off on reinserting myself until GI gives the go ahead.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Well that was a lot faster than I thought! Time flies when the holidays hit and I also get slammed at work at the same time. You'll be back in the next update. That'll probably be made tomorrow, when I have a moment of time.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Kyra

LASER FEELINGS: The Cyber Zombie is still finishing phasing in, so it's energy signature is unstable. It probably wouldn't appreciate being destabilized further.

Mauri

Pain. Lots of pain. You wish you hadn't smacked your head on the maintenance hatch when you were dragged under, but that's how the cranium concusses.

You've come to in what appears to be the engineering bay of the Setanta, although it's in shoddy condition. Parts have been torn out and reassembled for inscrutable purposes, but it looks like there's some central construction that several of the Cyber Zombies are gathering around. It's hard to see from where you are (strapped to a metal working bench), but it looks like there's some odd piece of stone in the middle of the electronics? There are a few other organic beings (humans and otherwise) strapped to similar benches around the area. You're all probably due for Integration at some future point. The Cyber Zombies haven't noticed you're conscious yet, but that won't last long if you're not careful!

Glad you're back, PlatonicSolid! Feel free to detail the appearance of a few of your fellow captives, if you like.

Everyone Else heading to Engineering

You encounter no resistance on the way to Engineering. It seems like there's a lot of activity going on in there, judging by the heat and light show coming through the cracks in the closed door. You can only hope that they're not overloading the transporters or the warp core or anything. Whenever you're ready, you can try to get in. Whether you go all sneaky-like or like Big drat Heroes is up to you.

----
This is a little bit rushed, since I'd like to keep the game moving after my own absence. If you need more detail, let me know.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri

Ow. OW OW OW! Why does this hurt so much? This is worse than when she and Xauri used to fight.

Mauri blinks and head-cricks her way back to consciousness, twisting her head and trying to reach up and rub her eyes. Which she can't do, thanks to the big nasty clamps holding her arms and legs down. Thankfully not her head, which lets her lift up and take a quick scan around.

"Cyberzombies!" she gasps to herself, dropping her head back down. Can't let them see her awake. Mauri tilts her head to the side, trying to look more subtly, with the eyes. Hummm....looks like there's other people here too. If she could get them free....hummmm. It seems the cyberzombies haven't removed any of her kit, beyond her pistols. Which means her emergency hair pins should be somewhere in that pouch....

Marui's going to try to get a hair pin out and pick the latch on her restraint. Given that this is an adventury type thing, I'm calling it feelings, and she...
Pick the wrist lock.: 1d6 6
Fails. :-(

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003



5-MeO-DALT [2]

"Juliet and Dalt reporting in from the engine exterior." Dalt radios in, looking around for anything out of the ordinary. Flerovium gas leaks, hyperspace energy leeches, you name it. "Is the rest of the team to engineering yet? Tell me what I'm looking for here."

Feelings: 1d6 4, Nope

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Mauri

Click. Click. Click. Snap. The tip of the hairpin snaps and sails off across the room, *pinging* quietly against the head of a cyber zombie. For a moment, nothing happens, but then it turns around, and starts slowly advancing towards you and the other prisoners. You've managed to loosen the restraint somewhat. There might be a little piece of hair pin lodged in the mechanism jamming it.

Nearby, you hear a woman's voice. "You drat tin-plated toasters! Let me go and I'll show you a real fight. You've already killed most of my crew and crippled my ship, so what the hell else do you even want here!? Answer me!" Looking over, you can see a muscular woman strapped to a similar table as you. From her words and her uniform, it's obvious that she's the Captain of this ship. No doubt she took a few of the C-Z's down with her before they overwhelmed her.

Everyone outside the door

You can hear Captain Cassidy shouting. She is very loud.

Hull Crew

Looks like there's some sort of patchwork retro-engineering going on around the pulse-drive emitters. You would never have noticed if you weren't gutsy enough to get close to the engine arrays. Even at low power, it's a dangerous prospect given the risk of energy discharges.

Upon a closer look, it's like they're being turned against the ship somehow? Even at a glance, it looks like a terrible bit of work. A relatively light amount of damage or impact would probably knock the whole thing off. Of course...it could also tear a hole in the hull or explode. Maybe both.

You both rolled above your number which is a success for Feelings! I myself sometimes need to check when to roll under, when to roll over.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at Jan 3, 2015 around 04:56

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Man (3)

After listening through the doors for some time, preparing himself for Hero Time (tm), Hugh hears some angry shouting.. a voice he doesn't recognise.. but it's female. FEMALE! Full to the brim with Captainly Lust, Hugh stretches and flexes a few muscles to get ready.. all the while wondering just how slim and dainty this angry beauty will be... and oh how she'll swoon. Attempting to be a hero to get laid is Hugh's bread and butters so to speak. An expert in the field for sure.

"Let's be big goddamn heroes, Lance." Hugh says, turning around.. to see an empty space. Either Lance is incredibly slow or still patching up that crewman. Goddamn it. "Just you and me lady fate. Lets dance." Hugh says to nobody in particular, hitting the button to open the door with the butt of one of his phasers.

FEELINGS. Be a big goddamn hero and save the day and get laid: 3d6 3,1,2 - No successes but LASER FEELINGS BABY. The door, unresponsive, laughs at him in a manner that only a steel alloy can.

Laser feelings question: If Hugh decides to be all sneaky like, will this change the chances of him getting laid?

Thinking of a moment on the probable answer to that question. Hugh decides a sneak approach may be a better idea.

FEELINGS. Be a big goddamn sneaky hero and save the day and get laid maybe: 3d6 5,4,5 - oh my

Clearly the crack in the doors means the opening system is fried. CZs broke in maybe.. or someone anyway. Hugh uses a little force and manages to open the door a little further. In the room he can see CZs and a rather muscular woman shouting angrily.. She'll do, Hugh supposes. And Mauri, also shouting.

Hugh does some quick math. 2 phasers + distracted CZs = hero. He slowly sneaks behind one of the CZ's, points both phasers at it's head and fires.

"ICE TO MEET YOU." Hugh shouts.

The other CZs in the room, confused by the pun not making sense, seize up for a moment.

Hugh fires, and fires some more. Pun after pun not making sense contextually. Making sure to emulate some of the old movies and their "Gun Kata" concepts. What a cool looking and very Captainly kind of bastard he is.


A complete action change and re-roll is okay right? I wouldn't have thought it made too much sense to change your action but you only get 1 roll? If so it's a minor success anyways I suppose

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003




Lance Photon (5)

Lance Photon watches Hugh run off half cocked for a fight. Again. Lance quickly gathers CZ samples. If Lance could understand the secrets of these re-animated corpse robot hybrids, he could wipe a terrible scourge from the universe. Who knows what medical advances could be made with this technology.

After securing the samples, Lance proceeds to engineering to find a terrible sight. Hugh is rolling about firing wildly and shouting like a madman. Lance comes up with a cunning ruse.

Distraction: 1d6 5 LASER FEELINGS
What should I be on the look out for? Re-roll Distraction 2: 1d6 2
1 Success
Lance uses hand signals to instruct the captives. He then throws a vial of Alien Medicines at the opposite wall creating a large distracting flash. The captives cover their eyes and flee while Hugh and the CZs are still stunned.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri

Pick pick pick pick....PLINKS!

And just her luck, the little bit of the hair pin goes sailing through the air and plinks off that cyberzombie's head. Mauri freezes, holding her breath until she has to take the tiniest breath through her nose. Her whole body's vibrating she holds it in such stillness.

Did she get it loose? Maybe a little. And then that bellow.

"Captain Cassidy!" Mauri declares with excitement. She's a bit of an idol of Mauri's (and the best hair in the fleet!)

"I got one of these loose," the Princess says excitedly. "Let me out I can he...."

Ther'es a few strong, loud thuds at the door and then it cracks open, sliding to reveal the silhouette of Captain Hugh. Mauri looks less than pleased...until she covers the look a moment later.

"We need to stop them," she says intensely, eyes sparkling with desire for a fight.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Hey all. Many apologies for the continued delays on my part. Between getting a promotion at work and my dog getting knee surgery all in the last week, I've been pretty wiped out. I'll be able to update tomorrow for sure. Thanks for your continued support and attention.

Yes, I am forcing a pathetic/sad dog pic upon you.


Edit: when you get Laser Feelings, you can decline to reroll. It's totally optional. The mechanic is there so that you can change to a better course of action based on the answer to your question.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2015 around 20:51

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Congrats on the promotion, you deserve it. Plus you need the money to pay for poor doggies surgery I suppose!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Hugh

LASER FEELINGS: You think about it for a second, and you're more likely to get a punch to the nuts than hot sexings regardless of what action you take.

You pop the doors open, silently straining against their weight. The CZs don't notice you slink up behind them; they're totally occupied with menacing thier captives. Captain Cassidy flashes the wickedest smile as she sees you enter. "Don't look now, you cyborg creeps, but the cavalry's arrived."

You barely give the CZs time turn around before you open fire. Phaser shots sizzle through the air like a demented light show, scoring flesh and metal off the bodies of the CZs. You see a bright flash impact the far wall, which serves to further disorient the enemy. It's quite the successful rescue overall!

Lance

LASER FEELINGS: Wasn't there supposed to be a Leader CZ around here somewhere? You remember someone saying something about that.

You are easily able to shepherd the captives out away from the carnage. Mauri and Captain Cassidy stand free.

Hugh rolled so well, that I cut out the risk from your success, Lance.

All of You in the Engineering Bay

Captain Cassidy vigorously shakes your hands. "That was a fine bit of work, all of you. Captain Sinead Cassidy, at your disposal. This heap used to be my ship. Did anyone else from my crew survive? I should have known that we were going to have trouble when our chief engineer went missing back on that rock."

You have a few moments for discussion of the finer points of the situation. Then the rumbling starts. The air thrums with strange energies, and the machine the CZs were clustered around earlier kicks into high gear. An energy field starts emanating from its surfaces; strange colors and visual distortions. A voice screeches out of the walls from some hidden location.

ORGANICS. YOU WILL NOT STOP US. FOR THE CRIME OF DISTURBING OUR MOST SACRED HOME, YOU WILL BE STOPPED.

Captain Cassidy spits. "Christ. That's Johansson, our chief Engineer!"

Whatever is going on, you'll need to find where Johansson is controlling it from, and how you're going to foil it.

Everyone on the ship's hull can hear the voice as well, although you can't see the other action, of course.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann (3)

Riding high from a significantly successful bout of Captainlyness, Hugh grins widely as he gets his heroic reward. Oh just a handshake.. well.. christ thats a firm hand shake. Probably for the best.

"Captain* Hugh Man!" "Happy to be a hero and generally save the day. You'll be happy to know that.. er.. the owner of this lovely doggie here is alive!" Hugh shows a photoflex to Cassidy.

*according to the smarter members of the crew.

"The Navigator! His name is -" She starts, but is interrupted.

Some jerk CZ! posted:

ORGANICS. YOU WILL NOT STOP US. FOR THE CRIME OF DISTURBING OUR MOST SACRED HOME, YOU WILL BE STOPPED.

Captain Cassidy spits. "Christ. That's Johansson, our chief Engineer!"

"Was... To be specific" Hugh says and engages his comms. Speaking quickly so nobody can deny his leadership in the middle of the order. "Listen up everyone. It's pretty clear what we have to do. Which is to get the hell out of here and never come ba-" Hugh slows as he sees Captain Cassidly looking ready to punch him, her muscles bunching in preparation "JUST A JOKE! It's pretty clear we have to.. umm.. well.. blow them all up? Yes. Save the day. Get paid.. in glory and for the greater good of course!"

Inspire the crew with Captainliness: 2#1d6 4 4 Double success!

"Now for the love of space god, STATUS REPORT."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Kyra "Bolt" Bolatova (4)

Back on the Raptor, the invader is still slowly materializing in the transporter room. Destabilize its energy signature! an idea springs to Kyra's mind. A strong electrical discharge should do. As the chief engineer she was unarmed except for a multitool which wasn't quite up to the task. Looking around, her eyes fall on a maintenance access panel on the wall. "I'm going to hate this", she mutters as she slides it open, exposing a mess of wiring, willing to sacrifice some working circuitry for the safety of the ship and its crew. "I definitely hate this!", she exclaims at the sight of the disorder under the panel. Tearing out a fat cable suddenly was less of a concern as it would be a good excuse to fix this mess. However, none of the lines seems to carry enough oomph to be useful for her plan; she needs to quickly think of something else.

Destabilizing, destablizing, destabilizing - of course! Suddenly, the solution seemed so easy. Kyra gets back to the transporter controls and quickly punches in a teleport into the same spot the intruder is materializing in. Now she only needed some matter to phase into that spot to disrupt him. There's not much around, though, so her multitool, the wall panel, and another one she picks up on her way to the transport platform will have to do. After, placing them on the platform, she returns to the control panel. "This could be worth writing a paper about", she muses as she initializes the transport, "if it works."

LASERS to destabilize energy signature: 2#1d6 4 4 taking a reroll
LASERS to destabilize energy signature: 2#1d6 1 6 - 1 success

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Engineering Bay, The Setanta

Cassidy cracks her knuckles. "Don't get into semantics with me." She gives Hugh a death glare as he starts to chicken out. The few remaining crew of the Setanta, along with the few ensigns of the Raptor whom you brought along form up and await your orders.

Just as you all are inspired by Hugh's rousing and animated speech. The strange machine shudders. Whatever potential has been building in the air is finally being unleashed. Electric arcs lash out, striking at whatever they can reach. One unlucky ensign tries to dodge out of the way, but is blasted straight in the chest. Instead of disintegrating or frying to a crisp though, he is just stopped, frozen in midair. It is as if someone hit the Pause button on a holodeck program. From above, on a catwalk, you can hear heavy footfalls above the din of the machine. Something is coming for you, and if the Stasis Cascade doesn't kill you, whatever this thing is just might do the job.

If you're just shouting at people to tell you things and it's not an inherently risky move, there's not really any need to roll. Congrats on your double success though.

Hangers On (the Setanta's Hull)

The strange device on the outside of the ship kicks into high gear. It lashes out with reaching arms of energy. Small stones and other debris are caught in its reach, creating something of a miniature asteroid belt around the device. The reaction seems to be growing.

All Aboard the Raptor

The CZ fizzles and sparks, and then -voips- out completely. Chances are that it's been totally disintegrated by your disruption of the transportation process. Somewhere on the ship, something shudders and breaks. You can hear some of the random crew members over the comms: "Ma'am! We're losing power on decks 12 through 20. Engines at half-capacity. Nothing serious, but we're not going anywhere fast."

The Raptor shudders as something activates nearby. It doesn't take a genius to realize that there's something very very bad happening on the Setanta.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Mauri - 2

This is starting to go well! They've got two captains now and Hugh's so inspiring! Even if he doesn't seemto know quite what to say. Well, public speaking is hard. Mauri always stumbled herself during the Galactic Princess' Junior Speech Competition. "We should use the self destruct!" Mauri declares, before giving an apologetic look to Captain Cassidy. "Sorry, but...."

Mauri's eyes widen. "But...but..." she sputters, at th oncoming thing machine. "Oh dear," Mauri whispers. Mauri dives to some cabinets, ripping them open and fishing about. "Ah hah!" she declares, finding her laser pistols neatly tucked away. They're even free of cyberzombie goo. Mauri checks the charge and then pops back out. She's filled with piss and vinegar and inspired by Hugh's speech and the presence of the Legendary Captain Cassidy.

"Eat Photons, monster!" Mauri cries.

"Wait. Um..."

"Ho ho ho, now I have phase pistols!" she tries, grinning and firing at the source of the footsteps.

Shoot the: 1d6 4

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Hugh Mann - 3

Seeing Mauri leader phase pistol death upon the catwalk Hugh eggs her on

"Good work Mauri! Bring them down!" Hugh shouts.

Hugh prepares his dual pistols, just in case this doesn't go exactly to plan. Always ready to save the day.. more glory in that!

I think you should roll 2 dice there Mauri, given my rousing speech and all!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Yeah feel free to roll another die. The last two weeks have been pretty much nonstop for me, and I haven't been very good about keeping up on this. Update tonight or tomorrow.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Ok, realtalk. I'm burned out on this, and I really don't think I can continue running it with any real degree of quality. This is the first PBP I've run, so I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Thanks for playing everyone. You were pretty much about to blow up the bad dudes and escape anyway. Play us off, Picard.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



It's been fun, everybody! Thanks, Green Intern!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


Thanks for running this, it was enjoyable.. shame participation dropped off. Epilogue please!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Since you asked nicely...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2xRfIkk6Y

Mauri, Hugh, Captain Cassidy, and the surviving crew of the Setanta pour on the firepower. When the smoke clears, there stands Johannson, clearly in the thrall of the malign cyberintelligence that is behind all of the Cyber Zombie threat. He's badly wounded, and topples over the railing, smashing into the Stasis Cascade Matrix. It promptly explodes in a wave of sparks and invisible force. Everyone is frozen in time. Dalt, Juliet, Kyra, Lance, and Miss Roboto, however, are far enough away from the burst that they escape the effects. When the frozen few wake up, they're safe aboard the Raptor. Lance managed to reverse the stasis effects using a highly experimental treatment, involving repeated transporter jumps back and forth between the Setanta and the Raptor, scrubbing the anti-chronotons from your personal energy lattices.

From what you can all tell, the Cyberzombies were defending what they saw as their home. The Setanta crew set foot in some kind of ritual which would have initialized the same stasis effect you encountered on the Setanta. It seems like they took it poorly, and decided to wreak their vengeance on...everyone. Good thing you were all there. After making necessary repairs, you tow the Setanta to the nearest Consortium outpost. Captain Cassidy says she'll buy all of you drinks anytime you like. You blast off back into space, knowing that today was just another day in the life of a brave, bold member of the Consortium's finest crew!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007


I salute you Captain Hugh Mann, saviour of all!

Thanks Green Intern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003




Thanks for running.

  • Locked thread
«4 »