Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

I shoot lasers because I cannot feeeeeel.

Name: Dr. Lance Photon
Style: Intrepid
Role: Doctor
Number: 5
Goal: Become Captain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Superior Sensors for intrepid exploration. Fightercraft to craft fights.

Horrible Circuit Breakers just because the cliche appeals to me.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Lance Photon

Lance had just finished running one last test on Captain Darcy when he noticed the klaxons going off. He grabbed his bag and took off running.

As the doors slid open, habit took over. "Dr. Photon reporting to the bridge Capta...." Lance trailed off as he remembered that the Captain was safely suspended in a pod back in the medical lab. This realization caused a twinge of sadness, which was quickly replaced with confusion as he looked at the main view screen.

"Who took us out of hyperspace in the middle of an asteroid field?"

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Lance Photon (2)

Lance springs to action. He rushes past the still sparking console to Deneb's side. With practiced skill and a determined set to his lantern jaw, Lance works quickly, but methodically on Deneb's burns and cuts. As he is applying the last of the synthetiskin to her left hand, the words "stole", "shields", and "Acting Captain" form a clear picture in the back of his mind. He tightens his fist and turns to chew out Hugh. Unfortunately, the fist he tightens is the one holding the Synthetiskin Lifesaving Automatic Blobule. Synthetiskin sprays out of the SLAB and all over Deneb's hand, turning it into an ersatz flipper.

LASERS 1d+1d expert at medicine
http://orokos.com/roll/233483
2d6: 9 (6,3)
One success

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Lance Photon [5]

Lance pats Hugh on the shoulder.

"An away mission will do you a world of good Hugh. There's wrecked ship out there and we have no idea what could be inside. Hostile aliens? A security system gone rogue? Horrifying missteps of science? Whatever it is, it's sure to be thrilling. Thrilling and dangerous. Of course if you think you're needed on the here for dull safe repairs, I'll convey your regrets to the rest of the team."

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Lance Photon (5)

Lance is disoriented badly by the transportation. It feels for a fleeing moment like his bodily cavities have been filled with cubes of bread. Lance bears down with steely resolve and the moment passes.

Lance turns to Hugh. "I'm going to stay here with Miss Roboto and go through the logs. You should go scouting with Mauri. Be careful and keep your phase pistol ready; we don't know what's out there."

Lance turns and begins doggedly going through the logs.
LASERS 1d
Check the logs: 1d6 4
One success

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Lance Photon (5)

"drat it, Miss Roboto, I'm a doctor not a repairman. There's nothing we more we can learn here. Our best shot is getting a look at that mysterious artifact."

The sound of gibberish echoes down the hall, followed by pistol fire.

"The team's in trouble, we should go see if anyone is injured."

Lance heroically runs toward the shooting. As he turns the corner, Lance almost stops short as he sees Hugh standing alone, phase pistol smoking over the corpses of CYBER ZOMBIES? Then his eyes catch the downed crew member. Lance rushes to his side to see how he is.

inspect the crew member: 2#1d6 4 4

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Lance Photon (5)

After coldly and clinically appraising the situation, Lance makes a diagnosis. This man's faint can only be cured by the front of a doctors skilled hand applied to one cheek and the back of that same hand applied to the opposite cheek. The treatment is applied stat.
Rolling Lasers +1 for doctor
Slap that man awake!: 2#1d6 4 2 Two Sucessses

As the man's eyes flutter open, Lance barks questions at him. "What happened to your crewmates? How did Cyber-Zombies get on board? Why are we in some sort of stasis?" Lance punctuates each question by firmly shaking the man by his shoulders.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Lance Photon (5)

Lance Photon watches Hugh run off half cocked for a fight. Again. Lance quickly gathers CZ samples. If Lance could understand the secrets of these re-animated corpse robot hybrids, he could wipe a terrible scourge from the universe. Who knows what medical advances could be made with this technology.

After securing the samples, Lance proceeds to engineering to find a terrible sight. Hugh is rolling about firing wildly and shouting like a madman. Lance comes up with a cunning ruse.

Distraction: 1d6 5 LASER FEELINGS
What should I be on the look out for? Re-roll Distraction 2: 1d6 2
1 Success
Lance uses hand signals to instruct the captives. He then throws a vial of Alien Medicines at the opposite wall creating a large distracting flash. The captives cover their eyes and flee while Hugh and the CZs are still stunned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Thanks for running.

• Locked thread