Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Psst, it's gotta be from 2 to 5.

Also what the Hell, let's see how this goes.

Name: Juliet Jericho
Style: Hot-Shot
Role: Soldier
Number: 4
Goal: Become Captain

Bubble helmets for everyone. Bubble helmets are the best helmets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
My votes for ship strengths are Powerful Shields and Fightercraft. What can I say? I'm a Soldier here, I want the ship to be protected while I'm out there blastin' lasers.

My vote for ship problem is Only One Medical Pod. That way we're not going to rely on fancy-pants "medical pods" to get us out of trouble, we're gonna have to stay sharp and shoot sharp.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Juliet Jericho

"Dalt! Ol' buddy, ol' pal, they're playing our song!" Juliet remarks with a grin, sliding down the pole that led from the soldiers' quarters to the flight deck. The big burly android resided on the flight deck itself, the quick-access pole not built for someone of his dimensions and weight, but it allowed him space to keep a veritable miniature forest of potted plants that he took care of with meticulous mechanical efficiency.

Juliet leapt from the pole before touching the ground, ending up perched atop Dalt's broad bulk, not even slightly rocking him from his position. "C'mon, Dalt! Mush! Hiyah! We're needed out there! Y'know, probably."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Juliet Jericho

"An asteroid field? Are you sure?" Juliet rolled forward, ending up in a handstand, and somersaults from Dalt's back to land like a gymnast in front of him. "I can never tell the difference between the asteroid alarm and the enemy attack alarm. Is there even a difference?"

She slapped one of the buttons on her uniform, causing a bubble to inflate up around her head, hardening into a crystal-clear substance that made her voice sound slightly tinny when she spoke. "Still, target practice against rocks isn't too bad. Race you outside!"

Juliet dashed across the flight deck, vaulting up the side and into the cockpit of fightercraft Alpha-1. Too impatient to wait for the all-clear, she slams her hand down on the launch button, sending a rumble of engines throughout the nimble fighter craft, and dropping her out into the void.

Not as void as she'd hoped, however, forcing her to get her head in the game immediately as she's surrounded on all sides by a blizzard of interstellar rocks. Time to warm up the laser banks!

Juliet is prepared to go, and she's an expert at what she does!

[17:09] <+skybot> FuegoFish: (3d6=5, 3, 1)

Still only gets one success, though, which puts her into a bit of mild peril to start the day.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Juliet Jericho [4]

"Cheating? Who's cheating? I'm not cheating. Sheesh, Dalt, you're paranoid. Quit bein' so paranoid. It's not healthy."

Idle comm chatter was just a bit of a cover for Juliet's focus, as she reined in her fighter and began to shatter apart the incoming asteroids with precision laser fire. She hadn't been worried about Dalt too much - he was tougher than she was, just about, and definitely good at what he did. She wasn't about to put the ship in jeopardy to babysit him on something he could handle himself. Why, that'd just be embarrassing.

But this didn't feel right. All these asteroids... space debris didn't just sneak up on you out here. What was going on? Ghosts in the sensor array again?

I'm not all Feelings all the time, I'm gonna use some Lasers to get a grip and assess the situation.

[00:51] <+skybot> FuegoFish: 7 (2d6=3, 4)

Success, and Laser Feelings to boot. In light of what Dalt's uncovered, I'm going to ask: is there more to this situation (asteroid field, wrecked ship) than just the obvious?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Juliet Jericho [4]

"Hey, Dalt, be careful out there. I got a bad feeling about this place. Untrustworthy." Juliet flicks comms over to the Falcon and takes a breath before speaking again. "Hey there, Falcon, how you doin' out there? Not exploding, I hope."

Yeah, I was assuming this was a Star Trek style ship with a big NPC crew.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Juliet Jericho [4]

Juliet scans the surrounding space and locates both the wreck and Dalt. She switches back to Dalt's comm and makes some slow, lazy manoeuvres over to the android. "On my way, buddy, will be dropping the line for you shortly. Then we can take a look at the haunted house over there."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Juliet Jericho [4]

"All right, buddy, hold onto your lugnuts because we're going in for a surface patrol," Juliet says, flipping a few switches and jet-braking through the asteroid field to reach the area of calm around the wreck. "The away team's going to be giving the inside a good look, so it's our job to keep an eye on what's outside."

A few gentle taps of the controls here and there, and the fightercraft settles down onto the surface of the wreck with barely a problem, but not before setting Dalt down first. The powerful magnetic clamps keep it secured firmly to the wreck's ferrous exterior, allowing Juliet to slip out of the cockpit and join Dalt on the surface, the both of them sporting magnetic boots with a similar tech to them as the fightercraft.

"Nothin' but net, Dalt. You ready to investigate?"

I am prepared to do this, an expert fightercraft jockey, so I'm getting three dice to Feelings my way into position.

[04:01] <+skybot> FuegoFish: 14 (3d6=5, 6, 3)

Swish! Two hits, that's a flawless success.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Juliet Jericho [4]

Phaser fire? To say that "something wasn't right about this" would be an understatement - this was phaser fire, and it was in the direction of her buddy Dalt!

Momentarily detaching her magnoboots, she hits her jetpack full-force and soars over the hull to find out the source of the problem and, if possible, put a stop to it. Sure, Dalt might be bigger and tougher, but damnit, it's the principle of the thing.

Two feelings for an expert move on the fly to charge in there to help!

[11:45] <+skybot> FuegoFish: 8 (2d6=5, 3)

One success!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Juliet Jericho [4]

There's a pretty good reason Juliet boasts quite a bit, and that's because, hey, she really is just that good. With Dalt providing the distraction, it takes her all of 2.5 seconds to bring her weapon up. Another 0.6 seconds to plant a laser right between shoulder and arm, disconnecting it in a radial shower of sparks. Then 0.8 seconds to send a beam right through the torso, and 1.1 to hit the head. Total elapsed time: five seconds, to render the target from threat to debris.

"Hey Dalt, you doin' all right over there?" She asks nonchalantly, downplaying how wired she felt right now.

Sorry I am late. Rolling near-maximum feelings to do some seat-of-the-pants blastin'!

[03:58] <+skybot> FuegoFish: 15 (3d6=6, 5, 4)

Triple success, which I believe gives me an additional bonus, but also laser feelings! Tell me what the deal with these mamajamas is - who (or what) is controlling them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Juliet Jericho [4]

Approaching the engines, Juliet speaks aloud, the short-range comm broadcasting her voice over the soundless void to Dalt. "You're more of the science type than me, ol' buddy, so I think you'd better do all the poking around back here. I'll just keep a weather eye out for trouble." She gives a cursory glance at the engines, looking much like huge oddly-shaped towers from their peculiar vantage point on the hull's surface. "Y'never realize how big these things are until you get up close, huh?"

• Locked thread