Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 5/5
Consequences: Suit's On The Fritz (-2)

Well, the first surprise is the thing fights back - a pulse of what he assumes was a low-grade electromagnetic pulse, and the old APPROACH is flashing warning lights and glitched graphics on the HUD. Brilliant. He'd probably have to soft reboot the power system - not something easily done when he's -in- the drat thing, and the startup time on it takes forever, what with going through ten thousand dated startup procedures. Ugh. What the hell did everyone get so caught up in that they didn't even make it inside?

And who the hell said he wasn't allowed a cup of coffee before the flight? He's gonna need one when he gets back, and gonna give whoever told him "No Coffee" a piece of his mind...

Assuming he's still talking to the floating eyeball, Arthur talks while futzin' with the Jammer.

"Ugh, dammit. Got fried by a pulse. I'm alright, but the suit's gone a bit haywire on me. Gonna need someone to help me soft reset the thing. I'm heading through the holds and making my way back up to the deck, as soon as I'm- hold on."

It takes a moment, but he peels apart the surface look and peeks inside.

Well... that's interesting.

"Well, I have good news and bad news, Amaryllis. Bad news is I know Mi-Go tech when I see it. -Good- news is this thing looks like it was built by someone who had no clue what the hell they were doing, not to mention there's a few little cobbled bits together here and there - either someone had to put this together on the fly or they scooped it off the black market for extra cheap, so I think we can cross the Royalists off the list off those involved."

Scooping the jammer into his arms like a small sportlike sphereoid, he makes his way to the doors marked for the No. 5 Hold. Might as well scope out down below before he climbs back up to rejoin with the group, he figures.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5 (5/5 due to compel)
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

When Jed grabbed SpaceCrab, he didn't expect his arm to stretch out a bit due to broken bones not holding muscles in place. What followed was a comedy of errors, as the speed and mass of SpaceCrab drug Jed along for the ride along the deck, then right down the Deck 1 hatch.

At least Jed didn't have to worry about more broken bones. He just had to worry about himself and the Crab stuck in another hold, with gods know what inside.

"Ugh..." Jed grumbled as he attempted to stand. "You okay, Crab?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Lutwidge Aspen FP 2/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

"Well, thank you, Tai!" Lutwidge winks at her when she spills the beans and his information pops up. "I'll be sure to make very good use of that information! Order of the Fang, eh...?"

He taps his smartphone and looks over the information. "Ah, man, so cool! Y'know, I gotta say, I sympathize; I wish I had some tager eggs all of myself. It'd be like keeping tadpoles...or worms...oh, right! Right, cultists and stuff, right..." He looks a little downcast. "Hey, after this, you need to set me up with your eggs...but for now! Bei, would you come with me so I can dissec--dissuade! Dissuade you from continuing on your present course...whatever it is? I promise I'm not carrying any laser scalpels or anything!"

He said, as he fingered a laser scalpel through the fabric of his labcoat.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hold No 1
Location Aspects: Poor Lighting; ???

Jed and Spacecrab tumble into Hold Number 1! Thankfully, both of them are experienced at falling down things, so they don't injure themselves any further as they hit the metal floor. The lights are completely out here, but the room is softly illuminated by the contents of one of the shipping crates, which has been opened to reveal...

Revealed Location Aspect: Tager Egg Storage

There appears to be about ten of these eggs left, softly glowing. The rest have burst open, leaving a sickly smell and weird gel-like residue everywhere. Where exactly they've gone, you're not sure. All together, there's about twenty-five of the things - one for each of the crew. They don't fill the crate entirely - just a small space in front, with the rest occupied by multiple boxes of what appear to be electronic goods.

You're pretty sure you saw a movie like this once.

---

Arthur's trip to hold 3 is uneventful. There's no resistance from any other Tagers - you encounter a dead one, looking like HR Giger tried to draw a bumblebee from memory, surrounded by a few more bodies. Hold 4 is more interesting, as there appear to be a few open crates of cheap sSMGs and AKs, along with another body and a scorch mark on the wall. The fighting was pretty sustained here.

Hold No 5
Location Aspects: Poor Lighting; Shipping Crate Maze, Corpses

Hold No 4
Location Aspects: Poor Lighting; Crates of Weapons

---

Bai shoots Tai an ugly glance, but then Arthur clanks into the room in his suit and he sighs in resignation. "Sure. Can't argue with Miskies."

"Don't hurt him," Tai pleads. "We'll tell you everything you want to know."

Bai walks forwards, and you're very aware that there's hidden power under his skin, his muscles moving like they know precisely where to go. If only you could get at that power... if only you could have a look, and see what's going on under the skin...

Compel time - I'll give Lutwidge a Fate Point if he gets a little... too enthusiastic with the dissuading. As in, laser scalpel dissuading. After all, his Sufficiently Advanced Thinking is Indistinguishable from Madness!

---

One of Armitage's eye demons, flitting around the empty accommodation rooms, manages to catch a glimpse of something dark and very, very fast, before it is crushed and killed.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 4 / 5 | Mental Stress: 1 / 4

"Hey, are you okay-", Amy starts at the edge overlooking hold #1, looking at the fallen crab and corpse, before then wincing as she looks away with an "Aaa!", towards the bridge. Without waiting to double-check on the duo, she taps her radio, "Somethin's comin' down from the bridge- I'm gonna check it out. You guys alright down there?" With that, she starts to dash across the deck containers, looking to head straight for the main tower.

It may not be the smart move, but if trouble's brewing, nobody else is in position to find out. Plus, you know, teenagers are invincible, right? Doubly so when they're magic.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

The obvious soundtrack

Jed taps his ear when Amaryllis radios in. "We're okay, and we found...something. You and Lutwidge are the experts on weird stuff, think I found some Tager eggs. Ten unhatched, fifteen popped."

When Amaryllis said she was going to check the disturbance, Jed give a quick warning to be careful. "Things get bad, run back and get me, or Arthur's gun."

Jed gets a little closer to the eggs, to check them out. As he figured, worse comes to worse and something popped out, Tagers probably couldn't merge with dead flesh, right?

"Tagers...Cult activity..." Jed starts mumbling to himself, trying to put the pieces together. "Mi-Go tech...What's going on?"

Jed radios the rest of the team. "Give me a sound off, what's going on?"

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Jake Bass FP: 4/5

Jake removed his foot from the Tager's head and shook it in a vain attempt to get the gunk off. "Eughh...maybe that wasn't the best idea after all..."

Jed's radio buzzed in his ear as Jake removed his headphones. "Jed, we have a couple...uh...demorphed? Unmorphed? Tager agents here. They work for the Order of the Fang. Lutwidge is...convincing them to tell us what the hell they're doing here." He glanced over. "Oh, Arthur just got here too."

Jake stood back a bit on standby. He gathered that Lutwidge was better at this sort of thing than he, but if things got tense, he was ready to step in again.

Although, Amaryllis heading off on her own...maybe both Arthur and him didn't both need to be there. After all, they were just two humans, right? And whatever made these holes was still stomping around...Jake looked to Arthur. "Look, Amaryllis is heading to the control tower. Maybe one of us should help her out?"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 5/5 -> 4/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences: Suit's On The Fritz (-2)

Clanking into Hold 3, Arthur immediately feels more on edge, there's no mistaking a ritual site when he sees one - and Jake and Lutwidge are talking to what he can only assume to be the people who would be using said circle. On one hand, they're alive. On the other, they're... very strange. Clearly not normal - if the shifting muscle mass under the one was anything to go by. And then the radio chatter lights up. He's a little glad for it, to be honest, he taps the side of his helmet to open his comms.

"Be careful, Amaryllis." He warns as Jeb comes in to say nearly the same thing. "You give a shout if you need something, I'll be up there as quick as I can."

Regarding Jeb's call for a radio shoutout, Arthur fills him in. "Bass, Aspen and I are all in Hold 3. There's a makeshift ritual site here and a couple of people they're chattin' up. Seems a bit strange to me, though. Fifteen Tager eggs popped, you said? Think this little ritual is worth lookin' at."

He's not gonna say he thinks they're stalling for time... but they're probably stalling for time. And with Tagers loose... Ugh. He looks around at the Altar and the makeshift ritual site, deftly ignoring the others in the hold, except to look at Jake.

"Give me a second to figure this out, and I'll head up there and give her a hand."

Time to put his experience to work.

Occult Sciences to Investigate the Ritual Site: +3

He gritted his teeth, he knew ritual sites before, god knows he's had to trudge through more than a dozen of them in his career before signing up with Misk. There's gotta be something he finds familiar...

Invoke: Escaped Sacrifice for a Reroll.

Still nothin'. but all the brain wracking he's doing leads him to look... strangey. He's peering over his shoulder, as if he thinks something is about to jump him. His eyes dart to the shadows, his breathing a little quieter. He knows he knows he knows they are there he knows they are watching. Memories of Factory 7 flood back to him as he tries to piece together the ritual, his mental state a little worse for the wear as personal experience floods back to him.

Invoke: I'm using my Signature Aspect: Genius is the Other Side of Madness for a free invoke and a +2, to bring that up to a +5.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 30, 2014

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

spacecrab
Fate Points: 4/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

"oooh an unguarded incubation chamber! and it still has eggs in it! Are Tager eggs safe to eat?" spacecrab looks hungry and moves to grab some eggs to carry back to the group, maybe they can have omelets. As he starts moving he makes a comm call "Does anyone know if tager eggs are safe to eat?"

spacecrab eat the tager eggs

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Lutwidge Aspen FP 2+1/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

"Right, right, of course!" Lutwidge says a bit absentmindedly. "I promise I won't do whatever to him. Now, Bei, if you'll come with me to Hold 4...hi, Arthur, we left it untouched for you..."

He motions for the Komodo-like Tager to walk in front of him to the next hold, and watches him move. Ah, such grace and precision...each step striking precisely ahead, the legs and body moving in perfect balance...so perfect.... If he knew how these Tager parasites worked--really worked--imagine the benefits! The crippled could stand, the weak could defend themselves...Right, first he needs to follow him over. He steps a bit too quickly into Hold #4 and slams the bulkhead closed behind him.

"Okay, Bei!" He smiles as he continues to play with his laser scalpel under his labcoat. "So! We've got some dead bodies, some tager eggs, some mi-go tech, some good old fashioned guns here. That's an awful lot of innnnntriiigue for one cargo ship!" He drags out the "intrigue" playfully. "So! Let's start with the obvious. Is this ship owned by the Cult of the Fang? And how many of the crew were Tagers to start, and how many got turned into them by the eggs in Hold 1? Oh, and while you're talking..."

As Lutwidge asks his questions, he seals the bulkhead to Hold #5, and produces a stethoscope and a laser scalpel.

"Please take off your jacket and shirt. You're the first live tager I've had a chance to talk to in a long time, and I want to learn as much as I possibly can!"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Arthur and Jake Bass

Arthur notices a few familiar symbols on the walls - appeals to Yog-Sothoth, the Great Old One of Time and Space. He's often invoked when things change or mutate. The circles are filled with appeals to change, to adapt and to overcome. A couple of cross-references with the databanks confirm it - the room is set up for a massive Rite of Sacred Union, the fancy term for bonding with the Ta'Ge symbiotes and becoming a horrible ragemonster. Normally this takes place over a long period of time, because gaining control over said ragemonster powers is difficult and requires almost monk-like self-control, but it looks like whoever set this up was in a rush.

Fun fact - the Ta'Ge are probably Yog's spawn. That jerk gets around.

---

Jed and Spacecrab

Nobody knows if tager eggs are safe to eat. For humans, at least, it's not reccomended. Spacecrab is free to try.

---

Lutwidge

Bei's not focusing on the good bachelor at the moment. He's looking idly at one of the weapon crates.

"Well, it was the captain's idea. He was the leader of our cell, and he thought that if we got a job with the shipping company and hijack a boat, we could -"

He turns, and his eyes widen at the sight of the laser scalpel. He backs up, hitting the crate of weapons and causing them to rattle and tip over.

"Woah, hey! You said no cutting! What the gently caress, rear end in a top hat?!"

His skin is shifting, heralding a panicked transformation. Quick, Lutwidge, what do you do?

---

Amaryllis

Amaryllis only makes it a short distance before she sees someone coming onto the deck.

The middle-aged chinese man stumbles in the rain. His hat is off, and Amaryllis can see something is pushing through the skin on his bald head, leaking pus and fluid that's being washed away by the rain. He peers up at the girl with grey eyes. His mouth splits into a grin. Your PDA picks up his face immediately - Captain Jiang Zhaokuang, small-time captain, arrested once on suspicion of conspiracy to cause massive disturbance. Nothing was proven, which is why he's standing here...

"So, the dogs of the corporation have come for me, hm? Well, I am happy to oblige them."

He transforms, right there. Bones crack, skin shifts, blood pours.

"Y'AI'NG'NGAH! YOG-SOTHOTH!"

The voice goes right through you and out the other side. The tentacles reach out for Amaryllis, the monster grinning blue light through shark teeth.

quote:

Captain Jiang “Ao Kuang” Zhaokuang
Concept: Cultist Captain

Good Mode +3 - Dragon Tager

(+ 4 Tooth and Claw, Notice, +3 Provoke, Combat)
Fair Mode +2 - Captain
(+2 Vehicles, Physique, Contacts)

Stunts:
Tager: +2 to Physique whilst transformed into a Tager
Rage of the Dragon: May spend a Fate Point to ignore pain, but at a cost.

Stress: 12(34) Physical, 12 Mental
Consequences: Minor, Major

quote:

Combat Order: Amaryllis, Zhaokuang, then whoever gets to the deck in order of their arrival.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 1, 2014

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

spacecrab
Fate Points: 4/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

Having grabbed a pair of eggs spacecrab scuttles up the ladderway to the deck intent on making his way to the ships kitchen where he can try a Tager Egg Omelet (TEO). His quest is interrupted as he comes on deck by the earth shattering roar and the huge angry rage beast. Sadly he drops the eggs he was carrying due to surprise. Proclaiming "OH NO A MONSTER! EVERYONE ON DECK!" into the comms, he scuttles towards the battle claws clicking.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 4/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences: Suit's On The Fritz (-2)

It took a few moments for Arthur to put the pieces together, but his brain whirrs to life, as he suddenly shows himself to be much quicker than he thought, turning to Jake as he whirls around in a miniature frenzy.

"It's a Rite of Sacred Union. Sothothian ritual. Convince the strongest of the crew to become Tagers, and the use a rushed ritual to turn the rest into dumb muscle to overtake the ship. That's what I had found in the Galley. We should be care-"

Then there's a roar. And a panicked crab screeching over the comms.

God loving dammit, he -really- needed a cup of joe.

"...Nevermind." He whirls around to Tai, trying not to be -too- harsh, but he can already feel the survival mechanisms kick into gear. "Stay here." With a hastily appended. "Don't want you to get hurt."

He moves to the closed Hold 3 hatch. Good to have kept the rain out, bad to have closed us down there. No time to get up that ladder and force it open, he taps his cheek and opens his comms.

"I'm coming up on deck. Look for the flying tin can."

His arms go down to his sides, outstretched as the wrist-mounted kinetic modules come to life. The suit continues to spit out warnings and fault diagnosis. Ugh, he -really- is gonna need to reboot that thing once they get a moment of quiet.

And with a sound that sounds like an air cannon with a lot more force thahn it should ever have, Arthur launches his full tin can self at the door to the hold. Just one though gets through his adrenaline-charged mind as he shoots out and into the cold, rain-filled air.

This... might hurt a bit.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

As Arthur ran down the Rite, Jed started thinking, barely noticing SpaceCrab heading up (and not noticing what the Crab carried - No, tager eggs were probably not okay to eat) the ladder. Okay, twenty-five eggs, twenty-five crew. Convert crew to either Tagers or brutes, then what?

Then the roar. And SpaceCrab's yell.

Jed ran to the ladder, climbing up as fast as a zombie with broken limbs could.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Leaping back and away from the tentacles, Amaryllis bounds back several times to the crane as she squints, peering down at ex-captain. "So you're the traitor? In the name of the Dark Pharaoh, and the ancient laws of the Outer Gods-" She snaps her arm to the side, her veil fluttering wide. "- the stars are not right for your ascent! Prepare to be punished!" She frowns, pointing a finger down the tager's direction. Being the first on the scene, she gets to be a bit dramatic!

One might wonder how she can declare the laws of the Outer Gods against one who calls upon them? Well, the Dark Pharaoh both serves and detests the Outer Gods, but moreover, the laws really don't make any sense are beyond human understanding!

Let's declare her final stunt- In the Name of: When she tries to Create an Advantage by making a speech or declaration, she can use Will in place of Provoke.

So she's trying to Create an Advantage using Will: A Stunning Entrance! Her roll will be +0, for a total of 4.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lutwidge Aspen FP 3/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

"Ah, so the captain's involved then!" Lutwidge nods. "So it wasn't a mutiny. So the entire crew is part of your Fang cultist cell or--uh oh."

At that moment Lutwidge realizes that he'd been moving much too quickly with the whole "collecting Tager samples" thing, especially when Bei's musculature starts shifting around like he's got scarabs or rats under his skin or something. Kinda disgusting...but kinda fascinating too. He stops and stares with wide eyes for a few moments before remembering, oh yeah, he wants to transform so he can kill me.

"Ah! Mistake, mistake on my part! Forgot I had this in my coat, heh heh. That was supposed to be a pen, darn it!" He drops the scalpel to the ground. "See, no harm, no foul, right? Right?" For a bit more reassurance, he kicks the thing into a drainage vent, making a mental note to retrieve it letter. "Right! Now I can't cut you open with a sthetoscope, and using one of the crowbars here would just make a gigantic mess, so...kiss and make up?"

Uwah! I don't want to have to scavenge a weapon and fight, so let's try to calm him down! Uncle! No cuttee! (empathy): 4dF+3 3

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Jake Bass

Jake heard the roar and felt the boat shook. He prepared to head topside, but Arthur beat him to the punch, charging through a goddamn wall. Suddenly, Jake was alone with Tai. Aw dammit. "So...now that Lutwidge and Bei are occupied...maybe my, er, fan can tell me just what's going on here? What are you guys doing on this ship?" Jake was much better at punching than talking, but he's even worse at standing around doing nothing. Into his radio, he said, "Uh, just, you know, let me know if you need some help up there and I'll be over in a jiffy."

Rapport: 4dF+1 = 3

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Map here

The Deck

As Arthur rockets to the deck and Spacerab and Jed burst through the hatch of hold 1, Zhaokuang flinches at the stunning pose that Amaryllis pulls. There’s sparkles and everything! Who wouldn’t be stunned? The Tager lets out a low rumble.

“Haaah, a servant of the Mad Piper. It will be a pleasure to pick my teeth with your bones, little pawn.”

He’s not rushing to the offense, though - the name of Nyarlathotep carries a hell of a lot of weight amongst the cults! Amaryllis gets a boost!

As the other Operatives make it to the deck, Zhaokuang growls. Instead of attacking them directly, the monster raises both fists, and slams them into the deck, causing the ship to rock violently. Cables snap from the force, sending a shipping crate screeching across the wet metal.

Using Physique to Create an Advantage - Rock the Boat!: 4dF+4 1 I’ll Invoke Slippery and Shipping Containers, as this’ll send them sliding around and make the situation worse. This bumps it to a 5+ - Defend with Athletics or Physique to get past!

GM’s Fate Points remaining = 23 (I have a crapload of Fate points, holy nutballs)

Combat Order: Amaryllis, Zhaokuang, Spacecrab (Atomikrab picks who’s next!)

---

Lutwidge

Bei takes a deep breath, then lets it out. “O- Okay. Sure. I mean, that’s not how I’d put it, but -”

The ship suddenly rocks forwards, and Bei stumbles forwards, catching himself by grabbing Lutwidge’s shoulders. There’s an awkward moment before he lets go, blinking.

“Sorry. Er, let me just…”

He steps back, shucking off his jacket and sitting on a crate that has obligingly scooted over with the rocking of the boat. He takes off his shirt, and goodness he’s ripped. The Rite of Sacred Union must be the ultimate diet plan, or maybe he just takes care of himself. You can seem something under his skin, nothing obvious but a layer of bronze… something. Exact sciences, this.

“So, er…” Bei looks downwards. “It’s not- it wasn’t the entire crew.There was six of us. There was the captain, me, Tai… there were the Twins - they were crazy. I think they used to be with the Pipers once. One was a Rager, and the other was an Echidna. Then there was Lei - I think she went overboard when the fighting started. Any of the others were crew members we tried to force - like the, uh, Spider one. That… yeah.”

“There’s something big going down in Taiwan, but nobody told me much - I’m the new guy.”

He’s not telling the truth.

Decieving Lutwidge: 4dF 0 Spending a Fate Point to boost to +2 - he is an Undercover Cult Initiate, after all. Can’t tell them everything!

GM Fate Point reserve = 22

---

Jake Bass

Tai blinks, and then shrugs. “Oh, you know, cult stuff. Taking over the world. There’s something big going to go down in Taiwan, apparently. I never got told anything - I was just the muscle, you know? I just got told ‘Hey, we’re gonna hijack this ship, gonna turn them into Tagers.’ I dunno what - ”

The ship rocks, and you both struggle to stay upright. Tai’s eyes narrow, and she looks at Jake.

“That your friends? They’ll be fighting the captain. He’s ancient - I think he’s been a Tager for ages. You could probably beat him yourself, though. You’re Jake Bass, right? Imagine how cool that’d be!”

Jeez, biggest fan is about right.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

spacecrab

"This is just like my space scout summer camp!" shouts spacecrab as he bravely skitters forward leaping onto a tumbling piece of machinery then up the side of the oncoming crate and dashes forward as it tumbles beneath him.

Athletics, i'll invoke foolish bravery for a fatepoint and charge up the side of the shipping container.

hurling himself forward and down spacecrab nabs an anchoring chain and twirls it like a lasso before tossing it at Captain Giant Monster Tager, to capture the mighty beast in a noose of steel.

Create and Advantage using Athletics! +6, I pick Lasso'd by De Tail. as the name

Jed is on deck, he is also up for his turn!

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 2, 2014

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed clambers out of the hold to see Amaryllis facing off against a very large Tager. Good news, they found the man responsible for the poo poo that happened on board.

Bad news (other than they found him), he just went and knocked a shipping crate at them

Since his busted up body could not do any flips over it, Jed quickly ran to the nearest crane tower. They were tough, right? Had to be, could handle lifting a big crate, could probably handle a crate slamming into it. Plus, as he saw SpaceCrab do, maybe he could use the crane as a weapon against the superbeast.

Athletics +4 to dodge the crates. The Roll is 4, so spending a Fate Point to invoke Bigass Cranes to give me a total of 6 to pass

WHAM!

The crane tower shuddered as the crate hit it, but stood tall. Jed was almost knocked off as the crane hit, but hung on. Dropping back to the deck, he started to stalk towards the beast, eyes starting to glow a pale green. He was pissed, broken, wet and cranky, and started to figure a way to share his pain with the beast.

Rolling Stealth +3 to sneak up to the boss and create an advantage. Total 2. Spending a Fate Point to tap Dreadful Weather to give a Total of 4. Jed now has the advantage Hidden in the Darkness

Total Fate Points 3/5

Arthur is Next

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 4/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences: Suit's On The Fritz (-2)

There's the bad days....

Physique Roll = 6

And then there's the really bad days.

Arthur is right behind Jeb, but whereas Jeb manages to slide between the gaps, Arthur clearly does not give the slightest hint of a gently caress, slamming his shoulder into the oncoming crate and forcing it aside as he heads towards the crane controls.

Okay, whatever the Cap'n was, he was -mean-, and he was tough. But this was a boat that clearly was equipped to handle such problems, and Arthur was equipped to deal with that equipment.

Charging his way over to the Crane controls, he cracks his knuckles and gets at the controls. Large heavy machinery? Feels like another day on the job.

Create An Advantage: Mechanical Engineering = 5.

There's some shouting by Arthur over the wind and the rain as the crane comes to life, aiming for the not-so-good cap'n to create an aspect of Deadliest Catch!

"HEY GANG! HEADS UP!"

Monathin fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 2, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lutwidge Aspen FP 3/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

"Glad we could work this out--whoa!" Lutwidge chirps as Bei bowls into him. "Uh...yeah, I'm not carrying any other weapons...take as much time as you need to confirm that, okay?"

He sits back, and as Bei starts talking, Lutwidge reaches forwards with the stethoscope. My god, he is muscular...and there's something under his skin too, maybe the Tager thing. His heartbeat is still human though...and it still reacts like a human. "Maybe you shouldn't try to lie to me while I can hear your heart beat? It just jumped, like, 50 Bee-Pee-Em when you said that last bit about you being the new guy here. I mean, I'm not going to tell you your business, I'm just saying...what is going on on the deck, anyway? Eh, this is more important." He sits down on another conveniently located crate and looks Bei in the eye, covertly tapping 'record' on his smartphone. "Soooo...why don't you tell me what's actually going on with you and this cult thing? I'm not going to judge--my bosses all think I'm part of a cult myself!"

Aww, look at the bro-bonding going on while everybody else is killing themselves! Anyway, Rapport time!
[22:10:37] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+3
[22:10:38] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, --/++3 = 2...why can't I ever roll high? :(

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Deck

Zhaokuang bellows in fury as he is rapidly tangled up, the cable around his tail and the hook of the crane catching him under one arm. For a moment, he's swung into the air, caught between the two...

Physique Overcome to mess with Spacecrab: 4dF+4 5

The tail suddenly whipcracks, sending the cable - and poor Spacecrab - jolting through the air. The brave crustacean holds on, but he's not pinning the Tager back anymore. Goodness, he's strong!

Spending a Fate Point to pop Rage of the Dragon. GM fate Points = 23

Although Zhaokuang is caught under his shoulder by the huge hook of the crane, he doesn't seem at all phased by the fact that he's now dangling by one limb a few feet off the ground. He seizes the crane's cables in both hands and begins to attempt to climb up them! The Dreadful Weather is making him swing dangerously, and he's precariously vulnerable, but he's determined to create some kind of Height Advantage.

Spacecrab needs to beat a difficulty of +3 with Physique to try and keep Zhaokuang restrained. Lasso'd by De Tail can still be invoked, but it's not pinning him down in any way if it's not used! Jed can also still attack him before he gets away.

Amaryllis is up next!

---

Lutwidge

Bei gives you a glance, then sighs.

"Well, my family weren't... supportive. In this day and age, that's stupid, right? But let's say they didn't like some of my lifestyle choices. So I joined, a few years ago. Sounded good - get rid of all the stupid people in power, start all over again. Did some small time crook stuff, got busted once or twice. Didn't get to do the Rite until a year ago - they put me in a cell for a few months, on a bread and water diet. Dunno if it really did anything, but I didn't turn into a slavering monster, so..."

He looks up. "It's like, you just get this rush, when you transform. You're invincible. You can do ANYTHING, and you want to do it RIGHT NOW. Day I finally got implanted, I spent all night running over the rooftops of Beijing in Tager form, seeing how everything looked different, smelled different. It felt good. I don't remember most of it - woke up next morning in some guy's bedroom." He laughs, shrugs. "Weird, I know."

There's a clang from the deck as poor Spacecrab experiences Tager Mountain. Bei ignores it.

"And they were all nice to me. Like, they never asked me to do stuff I didn't want to do. And they sympathized with my problems, right? I felt like I belonged to something bigger than I was. And the captain was a stern man, but he was... fair. We called him Ao, after the dragon king. He was in control, but he never made me, like, kill anybody. Just steal stuff, mostly, or deface something or other."

"Then, about two weeks ago, captain called us together. Said he'd got word from higher up. Something big was happening, and we needed to go to Taiwan. I wasn't kidding when I said they didn't tell me much, but I figure converting a bunch of people into raging proto-Tagers means... war, right?"

You've got him eating from the palm of your hand. He's Spilling his Guts to you of his own free will - use this moment well.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"Pawn? I'm no pawn, y'know, I'm at least a bishop-", she starts, before being rudely interrupted by the impact. As the deck rocks, Amaryllis has a foot swing off the crane's scaffolding, only to grab ahold of a beam and swing around dramatically!

Athletics defense is a 6!

After circling the beam, she lets go, launching herself through the air towards him. Gathering energy in her hands, her surviving eyes start to circle around her, and she says, "By the light of the shinin' trapz- aw, pow!" With that, her palms and floating eyes fire a barrage of energy beams, the recoil actually halting her fall towards the ground in a display of force, lighting up the deck with her glow and a series of bright detonations.

Combat attack is a 4, and I'll spend the boost as More Than He Expected!, bringing it to a total of 6.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The laser blasts are ferocious!

Defending: 4dF -1

Zhao howls as the lasers rip through his flesh, spilling black tar on the ground. He stumbles on the chain, and fails to get that height advantage he wanted, now just swinging on the chain. One arm dangles limply, attached only by a few strands of flesh.

quote:

Stress: 12(34) Physical, 12 Mental
Consequences: Minor (Cut Up Bad), Major (Lost An Arm)

Compels! Amaryllis, your Typical Bostonian Subtlety can't resist a vulnerable target. Surely Amaryllis would love to get close up, risking taking a hit? Take the compel for a wonderful Minor Consequence of Bruised Ribs.

Arthur, things are going okay right now, but your Suit's On the Fritz - take the compel, and your suit jerks the crane controls and starts lowering Zhao down to the deck, giving him a chance to get free!

---

Hey, Lutwidge. Jake Bass.

I've got a question to ask.

EXPLOSIONS???

-1 fate Point for setting up a story detail. GM FP = 22

The wall between Hold 5 and Hold 4 explodes in a big ball of fire and smoke!

"HAHAHAHAHA poo poo HOW DID I GET HERE"

Bei goes pale and scrambles away. "Oh, poo poo! It's Guan!"

"DID YOU FORGET ABOUT ME AGAIN BEI, HAHAHAHA YOU'RE A DUMBASS"

quote:

Magma Tager
Aspects: Warrior Beast, I'M ON FIRE THIS RULES

Good Mode - Elemental
Skills: +5 Burn, +4 Physique, Will, Combat

Burn Skill - SET THINGS ON FIREEEEE

Stress - 1 2

Guan immediately sticks out a hand and begins to torch the place! Crates catch fire, ammunition pops from the heat, and things get even hotter in here.

Create Advantage with Burn to BURRRRRRN: 4dF+5 1

Location Aspect: FIYAAAAAAAH

"DANCE MONKEYS DANCE"

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 5, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

I'll take that consequence, and call for Lutwidge to go next.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lutwidge Aspen FP 3/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

"Ah, man, that's a mess about your parents," Lutwidge says sympathetically. He listens intently to Bei as he explains his situation, perking up noticeably when he describes the rush of Tagerness. "I can...see why you fell in with them. Is everyone--"

Aaaaand that's when the Kool-Aid Tager decides he wants to join the party! "Guan?! Who's--wait! Bei! Aaaah!"

Lutwidge takes cover behind one of the boxes...then rushes to another box when he realizes that one's on fire. And the crate he was sitting on explodes into bullets! Luckily for him, crate number three has a Norinco with a loaded magazine, so he grabs that, and looks up at the piping.

Then he closes his eyes, aims upwards, and pulls the trigger and tries to shoot the pipes labelled "fire suppression"...and hopefully avoid the ones labeled "power" and "gas".

Let's make things less on fire, please?! Going to try to get the fire suppression sprinklers online by shooting the pipes a bunch!
[22:34:12] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+3
[22:34:13] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, -/+++3 = 4

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The gunfire hit home! Who knew Lutwidge was such a crack shot? The burst pipes spray their contents all over the shop, dousing the fires in a hiss of foamy stuff. Some of it sprays on the Magma Tager, who yelps and jumps away from the source.

"loving poo poo MAN THAT'S NOT COOL"

"You're trying to set us on fire, you psycho!" Bei is crouched behind some crates a few meters away from Lutwidge.

"HEY MAN GOTTA DO WHAT I LOVE HAHAHAHA"

Location Aspect: FIYAAAAAAAH removed.
Location Aspect: Dousing Spray

The hold is somewhat clouded by the smoke of the dying fires, but you can still see your foe - he is on fire, after all! Each footstep he takes thumps and sends the fires in his body wavering.

"COME ON OUT MISKIE MAYBE I'LL BURN BEI FIRST SO YOU CAN TAKE NOTES HAHAHAHAHAHA gently caress"

"I told the Captain you shouldn't have come along! I TOLD him!"

What do you do?

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 5, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh, yes, Jake is up now!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Jake Bass
FP: 4/5

"Taiwan, huh? So that's where this ship is going."

"Look, I know you want me to do something 'cool' or 'badass' or whatever cause you're my fan (which is kinda weird tbh not sure what to think of that) but as you can see it's just the two of us right now and I kind of need to babysit the Tager-lady so you don't go running off and-"

Suddenly, a crash was heard next door.

"...hold that thought."

Jake opened the door between Holds 3 and 4, encountering a gout of steam. "Uh, Lutwidge, what exactly were you doing in here with Bei...?" Then he sees the rampaging firebeast. "Oh. Oh I see." He turns back to Tai. "Well fine, I guess I can do something cool for you after all," he mutters as he slips on his headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auqFostuqUk

He immediately became aware of the sonic forces languishing around him. Loud fucker, isn't he, thought Jake. Well, let's see how he likes his own medicine. He concentrated on the rippling waves of laughter emanating from the Magma Tager. Soon, they coalesced and hardened into blades. Curved, almost boomerang-shaped blades, weaving a pattern around the Tager. With a thought, they screamed towards the beast with the intent to kill.

Sonic Manipulation: 4dF+6 = 10 (Haha holy poo poo what)

This might hurt a bit, buddy.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Up next is Jed!

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 3/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

While it was good that Amaryllis blasted a good chunk of poo poo out of the monster Zhao became, the facts were that Zhao was still a threat, and apparently getting closer to getting free. And whatever exploded belowdecks probably wasn't good news. Jed figured when Zhao got free, he'd charge for the one who hurt him, for Amaryllis. Had to distract him, keep him away from her. And with Jed surrounded by darkness, perhaps he could do something.
?
"So that's what the big nasty monster can do?!" he yells over the storm. "Get your arm blasted off? Ha! Good thing the rest of your cult isn't here to see you fail! And hey - feel that? This boat isn't much for the world - just like you, eh! You ain't poo poo! You're nothing! Just a fool who made a devil's deal, and only now realizes he's got the short end of the stick!"

C'mon, rear end in a top hat, Jed thought. Get pissed, get angry at me, come get me, you sunofabitch...if you can.

Deceive +3 to try to Create an Advantage - I wanna get Zhao so pissed he'll blunder off trying to find me, and give Arthur and Amaryllis time to recover and do cool things.

The Roll: 1 Oh sure Jake, hogging all the great rolls. Spending a Fate Point (total 2/5) to invoke Zhao's Cut Up Bad Minor Consequence for a total of 3.

SpaceCrab! Roll better than me!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

spacecrab
Fate Points: 2/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

spacecrab hangs onto his lasso by a claw even as he is whipped into the air and everywhich way when the crane grabs the TagerCaptain off the deck. Then Amaryllis starts blasting everything! so exciting! Meanwhile spacecrab puts some oomph into the swings trying to get momentum... but the down goes the crane. At least he hits the deck just before the captain and leaps up and forward to wrap the chain around the captains neck and exploit the opportunity presented by the Lady Bishop to attempt to subdue the Beastial Boss. "Hey buddy" spacecrab says nonchalantly while snipping his claws by the captains face. "Look i'm on top of you, and I could snip you in the face... or choke you a litte?" spacecrab tugs on the chains end a bit to emphasize "So why don't you just surrender? Or you know you got that wounded arm, it is hanging on by a thread. We got these modern medical facility things these days, might be able to save if it I don't SNIP IT RIGHT OFF." *menacing snip towards the nearly gone arm.*

I did roll better than Jed!I am launching a provoke attack against TagerCaptain, I will also compel the fact that the good captain there only has an arm hanging by a thread on my compel, so +8!

Go Go Gadget Arthur!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Phone posting, so I can't get too fancy, but Arthur takes the compel, boosting his FP back up to 5 as he bickers and fights sith his suit.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hold 4

hahahaha

The Magma Tager just has time to scream "OH poo poo" at the top of its lungs before the sonic blades hit, causing the elemental to promptly explode n a burst of flame. The spray of the burst pipes prevents the flame from catching onto anything else, and soon all that's left is a damp scorch mark on the floor to remind visitors that once, a giggling pyromaniac stood there.

"Hly poo poo that was incredible!" Tai rushes into the hold, amazed delight on her face. "You totally exploded that guy! Like, bwoom! You loving - Bei, why are you shirtless?"

Bei crosses his arms over his chest and goes red. Welcome to Awkward City. Also, Jake Bass Still Owns.

---

The Deck

Zhaokuang stops thrashing as Jed and Spacecrab say their parts. He merely snarls at Jed's threat - the dead man with the broken bones doesn't scare him much. Spacecrab, however, is right on his head and threatening to choke him. The tager considers his words carefully.

"...I have no choice. I surrender. Restrain me as you will, pawns of the Piper - I will not continue the fight. And I will tell you NOTHING."

A little bit of bravado left in the captain, but...

Victory!

Spacecrab Succeeded Immenseley - he's now The Crab All Others Fear. Rumor travels fast on the web, but thankfully there's nobody around to -

Everyone recieves a fuzzy radio call over their various headseats, PDAs and so on. It's coming from -

"Heeeeeey, fellas!"

Oh, good, it's the crazy VTOL pilot. Those who are on the Deck hear the athsmatic buzz of the engines overheard as she rushes past, changing the texture of the driving rain for a moment.

"Maaaan, I got that whole thing on camera! Gonna splice this to some dubstep later. You guys own. Yo, you finished down there, or is there stuff you gotta clean up? I'll hang around if you want, but I'm getting some weird radio chatter. Jade Star are getting bored of waiting, buddies."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lutwidge Aspen FP 3/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

Lutwidge is stopping, dropping, and rolling as the fire and the fire retardant foam rains down in the hold...and most importantly on the bad guy. Then he ducks and covers (his ears) when Jake decides he wants to drop the mic, the beat, and the bad guy in a single heart-stopping move. By the time he opens his eyes again, the burning tager is completely gone!

"Ah! I wanted samples...!" he whines half-jokingly as he stares at the scorch mark on the floor. "Couldn't you have left a little bit of a body for a colleague, Jake? Next time leave something behind!" He drops the Norinco, the empty magazine falling out with a clatter, as he looks at their new subjects prisoners hostages friends. "Oh, he's shirtless because I asked him to be. I wanted to hear a Tager's heartbeat. Anyway, uh...you can put your shirt back on now, Bei. We can talk some more on the way back to our place. You don't have to do anything you don't want to anymore...same goes with you, Tai." He clasps his hands together and smiles. "Right! I've had enough of breathing in the fire foam; let's get out on the deck and pool our brains together. Not literally. Maybe literally."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 5 / 5 | Mental Stress: 1 / 4 | Consequences: Bruised Ribs (minor)

Rewind a moment to where Amaryllis does in for one close-range shot- only to be clotheslined by the tager.

Getting up a few moments later, she squints. "Isn't up to us to figure you out, squiddy.", she mumbles with a wince. Her eyes dart back over towards her. "I guess I'll keep on bein' a pawn or a knight or whatever, since you don't have anythin' t'say about it.", she jibes in his direction, reaching up to scratch at the dark underside of one of the eyes. Reaching to her radio, she says, "We gonna have a look-see around first? Not sure if you guys with more degrees than I got wanna look." She winces sharply as she stops in her walk, and takes a deep breath, trying to avoid letting on just how sharply she's hurt.

Trying to needle the captain into jibing back with something interesting, but a Provoke of -1 isn't quite worth blowing a Fate Point to try and improve.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 5/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences: Suit's On The Fritz (-2)

With the captain surrendering, Arthur lowers his stance a bit - still grumbling as he fights with his suit.

"Alright, so, I can't be the only one who thinks it's probably not in anyone's best interest to hand over a boat full of Tager eggs, crates of weapons, and a bona-fide Yog-Sothothian ritual site, right? I say we kick this baby back on line and steer her towards one of Miskatonic's coastal offices for... uh, 'safe impounding.'"

He won't deny part of him just wants to fiddle in the engine room and get the ship working back at full capacity. The engines were still functioning! Ten minutes (okay, be reasonable, thirty to an hour without a cup of coffee...) and he could probably get the boat at least running. Maybe not at 100%, but nothing too shabby.

Arthur does a scan of the ship (Notice) to see how well it's faring and whether or not it's in a good enough shape to run, with a +6

He hefts the jammer in the air and goes "Whatever we do with the ship, this is coming back with us to Misk, more often than not tech like that has a paper trail, and if the desk jockies can get a lead on it we can find out who was supplying these guys."

He kind of rolls his shoulders a bit. "Speaking of, anyone want to help me reboot my suit? There's a turn gear on the back between the shoulder blades that should power it down and back up. Might have to dig through some of the armor plates, though."

Monathin fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 8, 2014

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 2/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed limped out of the shadows. Seems after he got thrashed by the one beast, his luck was on the decline - trying to save SpaceCrab got him thrown down a hold (which led to Tager eggs), and trying to mock the Captain Monster led to failure. Well, poo poo can't happen all the time, right? (Asked the zombie to himself.)

"Got a point," he talked to Arthur. "Stuff like this, Miskatonic needs to hold onto. Can't let anyone else blunder into problems."

Looking at the back of Arthur's armor suit, trying to puzzle out what exactly to pull, Jed messages the others. "Jake, Lutwidge, what's going on? Thought I heard an explosion."

It took a while, but with Arthur talking him through it, Jed found the little buttons and levers to press and pull to help reboot the suit.

If I can do it, (don't have the book on me at the moment), will edit this post later to roll something to Create an Advantage for Arthur to help recover from his Fritz'd Out Suit.

EDIT: Got clarification to use Overcome, so rolling Notice +4 to help pull and push the buttons and levers Arthur points out:

Total: 5
I'm helping!

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Everyone is now on The Deck. Bei and Tai have followed, the former taking the liberty of putting his clothes back on. It's chilly!

Zhao just snarls at Amaryllis, jerking away from her touch. "Your blind idiocy will kill you." That's all he's got, and he falls silent. The dangling arm has stopped bleeding, and it doesn't seem to even bother him any more, but Spacecrab is right there on his head and he seems disinclined to struggle now that everyone is up on the deck. Bei and Tai aren't looking at him, or each other.

Arthur's scan comes back clean - the ship is, despite all of the buckling and general chaos that's happened, in decent shape and able to limp back to the docks of Miskatonic Thailand before Jade Star get close. It won't be a terribly fast trip - a day at most. Fiddling with the engines en route might help. There's also the problem of the three captives, too - they won't fight back, but keeping Zhao locked up will be a challenge. In addition, any opportunistic pirates might attempt to get at the loot, although scaling the sides of the tanker will present an obstacle and you have a flying magical girl on your side.

On the plus side, you have a bunch of contraband, the license to mess with it, and a fat paycheck waiting for you. What could be better?

Jed's fiddling is a bit slow, but under Arthur's direction, the suit beeps, boops, does that disc whirring noise, and then kicks back into life! Hooray for an extra pair of hands.

Suit's on the Fritz has been removed.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 8, 2014

• Locked thread