Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Luna was sold to Roman Abramovich's close friend, Farkhad Akhmedov, for $400 million U.S. dollars in April 2014.[1] Akhmedov sent the yacht to Bremerhaven, Germany in October 2014 for an extensive refit of over $50m, delivery due December 2015. No public information is known about the details. [7]

By now it might be worth less though based on the difference between the original cost and the last price.

Edit, also from wikipedia:

"Fitted with an anti-missile system like its sister ship, Eclipse (yacht). All windows are bulletproof to B7+ levels. The steel hull is over 17.5 cm thick. LRAD guns, bomb-proof doors, FLIR."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

See also the ridiculous number of ocean going cargo ships that suffer black outs in eastern Canada every winter because their cooling water intakes become clogged with ice.

Legit username post combo here.

For content, I remember visiting the yard for a company I worked for where they were laying down 10,000 dwt self propelled barges and thought those were huge, but they aren't even handysize!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

That is a sexy boat!

I guess I’m joining this thread in earnest now because my parents bought a new powerboat. We’ll see when they let me take it out, but the dogs are starting to like the lake.

crazypeltast52 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 14, 2021

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

The boat I mostly work with does something like 30,000 HP :smug:

But can you take it between American ports with cargo?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Houseboat goon needs this story.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

taqueso posted:

Trawler is not a sexy word, it needs a PR makeover.

Turbo skipjack?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skipjack_(boat)

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Neslepaks posted:

I was just informed it should arrive in Oslo on 16 May. :stwoon:

Do you have a name picked out yet,?

monsterzero posted:

My wife convinced me to name our boat Lemon Party. It was too on the nose and I’ve been paying for Neptune’s forgiveness since I changed it again after a couple of seasons.

Because goatse yacht could open up a big whole if it gets renamed after the fact.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

That is a nice looking boat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

So is anyone posting from the Red Sea or eastern Med?