Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Wish I could afford some of those boats. I've ridden in a few different Baja models and they are fantastic and sound amazing.

I'm looking at getting a boat this spring/summer. Looking for a 21-ish foot open-bow I/O, something to hang out on the Ohio river with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
How bad is it really though? If I do all the work myself, winterize it properly and store it in a garage all winter, what kind of excruciating costs am I looking at? Assuming I get a somewhat solid boat to begin with.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Yeah like I said I'm just looking for a runabout that I can pickup for 3-4k and spend hopefully less than a thousand a year on maintenance with. I'm hoping that by keeping it in fresh water and garaging it when not in use will keep down on some of the costs. I already have storage and a tow vehicle so really all I need is boat + registration/taxes, plus stuff like life jackets, flares, etc etc etc.