Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Avasculous posted:

Very much this.

GalCiv2 has way better AI and probably much better balance (I was a kid when I played MOO2), but the sheer banality of spending 8 turns researching "Red Laser III" (which is 1 mass point smaller than Red Laser II!) so that you could fit one more Red Laser on your ships that already have 4 will never hold up to self-destructing your own ships to knock-out enemy shields on one side and using crew-killing ion blasters to soften resistance for your boarding shuttles.

It's amazing to me that every "successor" to MOO2 seems way more fixated on replicating the colony management worker shuffle and human-wearing-makeup aliens than what was far and away the most fun part of the game.

particularly when the sid and marty krofft aliens from moo1 were clearly superior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread