Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Years of Marlboros, cocaine, touring and drama have taken their toll. You've fallen, David, and you can't get up. You can faintly hear the doctors, but their words don't mean anything - everything is a jumble of sound and vision. You will wake soon. But who will you wake as?

This is a game of Mafia with a F11 setup (http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/F11). Each player is a part of David Bowie's personality, vying for control of his addled brain. The fate of one of the greatest rock stars is in your hands!

Town Roles
Vanilla Townie - No special powers. Most of the players in the game will be this.
Cop - Can investigate another player's alignment at night.
Doctor - Can protect another player at night from being killed.

Scum Roles
Mafia Goon - Part of the team of bad guys, but has no unique powers.
Roleblocker - Can target a player and make their powers stop working.

RULES
:siren: No editing your posts. :siren: Proofread before you post or deal with looking like an idiot. I will modkill anyone and everyone whose post has a statement that you hosed around with it.
No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
Don't post your role PM.
Don't spectator-post.
Don't post after hammers.
Don't post after dying.
Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
Don't lurk.
Don't go against the spirit of the game. The spirit of the game is inviting and fun.
:sun: Be nice! :sun: It is okay to get a little prickly or salty but try to avoid being too rough.
:chillpill: Remember it's just a game :chillpill:

Player List:
1: mr.capps
2: Chic Trombone
3: EXAKT Science
4: Allen Wren
5: :sun: Antivehicular :sun:
6: yuming
7: Brain Parasite
8: Abyssal Squid
9: Tremendous Taste

Resources:
The Mafia Wiki Info about mafia on Something Awful
The Mafia Discussion Thread The central hub of our great community
The New Game Announcement Thread The place to be if you want to hear about upcoming games without reading a lot of bullshit

Other Notes:
You should be able to access Google Documents semi-reliably if you intend to play, as this is the standard way scum communicates.
If you don't have PMs and want to play, you should post an e-mail address along with your intention to play.
Don't worry about things like "Weak Doctor" or "Naive Cop" for this game, that won't come up. They're pretty stupid, IMO, anyways.

OP shamelessly stolen from MildManneredManikin's Bread And Butter Mafia games by Poison Mushroom, then stolen again by me, then modified a little. Forgive me, for I am lovely.

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

(If everyone signs up before I get home from work role PMs will go out tonight BTW)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Well if we only get one more by this time-ish tomorrow I can run a seven-player game. If not I guess I'll try and hunt for some kind of awful six-player setup.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

That's nine. Role PMs tonight or tomorrow depending on if I have the time5w.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Role PMs/e-mails are going out.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Game's on. Please post a confirmation that you got your PM. Also I hope I didn't gently caress it up!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The voice of Ur-Bowie rings in your thoughts:

The day is set to end while I'm at work today. Please do not post after 7PM Eastern Standard Time, as this is when night falls.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You descend upon BrainParasite, clench him in your hands, and heave him out. He stumbles into the grey mist surrounding your conference. He was never seen again.

BrainParasite, Major Jack Celliers (Vanilla Good David Bowie) caught his death in the fog!

You regain conciousness for a fleeting second... "... a mass found in his left frontal lobe..." ... and float away again.

It is now Night 1. Please send your night actions (if you have any) to me. Do not post until the very next day.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You reassemble yourselves. One is missing from your number. You find him in the corner, slumped over, fallen to pieces.

mr.capps, David Bowie, 1987 (Vanilla Good David Bowie) was let down!

You frisk him for smokes, find none, and set about discussing whom among you is the culprit.

It is now Day 2! Deadline is Thursday, 7PM, unless you agree it should be later.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Modtalk: I kinda forgot it was Thanksgiving tomorrow. Would everyone like the deadline extended to Friday?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You gather, having made your choice. Tremendous Taste stands cornered, but with a smile on his lips. "Bowies, go back to your rooms. Play with your guitars and your costumes."

What an insufferable jackass. You seize him in your self-helping hands, and a glass ball shatters against the floor.

Tremendous Taste, Jareth, the Goblin King (Bad David Bowie Scum), has no power over you!

It is now Night 2. Please send in your night actions within the next 24 hours. Sorry for the delay, but I had a pretty awful holiday.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You return and notice that one of your number is missing. You search here and there and eventually find Abyssal Squid, face first in what appears to be a snowdrift. Or a blowdrift. He's surrounded by more coke than you could afford if you sold the world. You sweep him away.

Abyssal Squid, David Bowie, Loving Father (Good David Bowie Cop), hit his all-time low!

It is now Day 3! Deadline will be Tuesday, 7PM.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

A reminder that deadline is Tuesday at 7p.m. I forgot to set it in Votefinder, sorry.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You all stare accusingly at Chic Trombone. She doesn't care. She doesn't care about you, or anyone. She doesn't care about anything except the television anymore. She doesn't even resist.

Chic Trombone, The Man Who Fell To Earth (Vanilla Good David Bowie) cannot return home!

Night actions please.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You gather. Four are your number.

Hrm.

Nobody died. It is now Day 4.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You round on EXAKT Science. He stares you down with cold, dead eyes. "I wanted this to be over ages ago," he says. "I don't want to do this anymore."

You give him what he needs.

EXAKT SCIENCE, The Thin White Duke (Vanilla Bad David Bowie) found it was too late to be hateful!

Good David Bowies Win!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yeah, Squid literally investigated both scum. Had he not it would have been much more difficult. Still, it went to LYLO so.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ffff I am sorry if I misgendered anyone at any point

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I have two nonbinary friends so I try and stay on top of those things. I don't think I really referred to anyone with a pronoun other than "they" though so...

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also! I actually did assign flavor/roles randomly. It's kind of funny that Jareth and The Thin White Duke both ended up being scum though. If I ever run David Bowie Mafia II I'm going to be sure to have the Duke be some kind of scum role. It's really amusing that you all kinda converged on that idea separately.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

sorry to ep and exakt for being garbage, snowpocalypse and holiday retail hours :(

<3 it's coo <3

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

If anyone cares, these are the role PMs:

quote:

Epsilon Plus wrote on Nov 22, 2014 00:18:
Abyssal Squid, you are David Bowie, Loving Father!

You are Good David Bowie Cop, and your love for your son enables you to investigate one player each night phase to determine their alignment. You win when all threats to David Bowie are eliminated. You also have a daughter, but this has no gameplay effect.

quote:

Epsilon Plus wrote on Nov 22, 2014 00:19:
BrainParasite, you are Major Jack Celliers!

You are Good David Bowie with no special powers. You win when all threats to David Bowie are eliminated. You also have experience with escaping cells in Japanese POW camps, but as you are only trapped by unconsciousness, this has no gameplay effect.

quote:

yuming, you are David Bowie, Loving Husband!

You are Good David Bowie with no special powers. You win when all threats to David Bowie are eliminated. You also have an incredibly attractive supermodel wife, but she's not in your brain, so she has no gameplay effect.

quote:

Allen Wren, you are David Jones!

You are Good David Bowie with no special powers. You win when all threats to David Bowie are eliminated. You also get phone numbers from all the girls, but this has no effect on gameplay. Sorry, hot stuff.

quote:

Epsilon Plus wrote on Nov 22, 2014 00:20:
Chic Trombone, you are Thomas Jerome Newton!

You are Good David Bowie with no special powers. You win when all threats to David Bowie are eliminated. You can also recover from crippling alcoholism and television addiction, but you're still not going back to your home planet no matter what you do - you're trapped in your own head, and this has no gameplay effect.

quote:

Epsilon Plus wrote on Nov 22, 2014 00:21:
mr.capps, you are David Bowie, 1987!

You are Good David Bowie with no special powers. You win when all threats to David Bowie are eliminated. You can also win a personal victory and feel a little bit better about your life if you can get anyone to admit the Glass Spider tour was any loving good, but it wasn't, so you actually don't have any alternate win conditions or any other gameplay effects.

quote:

Epsilon Plus wrote on Nov 22, 2014 00:22:
Tremendous Taste, you are Jareth, the Goblin King!

You are Bad David Bowie with no special powers. You win when you and your scumbuddy EXAKT Science control a majority of the town, or when nothing can stop this from happening. You are also particularly skilled at contact juggling, but this has no effect on gameplay.

Your scumdoc is here.

quote:

Epsilon Plus wrote on Nov 22, 2014 00:22:
EXAKT Science, you are The Thin White Duke!

You are Bad David Bowie with no special powers. You win when you and your scumbuddy Tremendous Taste control a majority of the town, or when nothing can stop this from happening. You can only post in David Bowie lyrics excepting all material from the album Heathen unless quoting the song A Better Future because all that cocaine has loving wrecked your cognitive functions. You can tell your scum buddy TT about this so he can laugh at you. You can also throw darts in lovers' eyes, but this has no gameplay effect.

Your scumdoc is here.

EXAKT reneged on his PR and I allowed it because I thought actually having a PR in a simple game would be stupid. He probably would have won had he not come up with the idea. Heathen was a lovely album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

I love you and this game, but you are all kinds of wrong.

Realize that you have taken a position defending the song "I Took A Trip On A Gemini Spaceship".

• Locked thread