Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

In for an SA Mafia game for the first time! E-mail is amanda dot vanrhyn at g dot austincc dot edu, since I have yet to buy plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

PM received! Let's rock this poo poo as only a cabal of 9 David Bowies, some of which are evil, can possibly do.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

It just did it to me too on another thread! NEW FORUMS EXPERIENCE

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Right-o. Unfortunately, I'm realizing I don't know any of the meta (or have a stupid D1 grudgevote to throw out), so I'm a little at loose ends...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

##vote Brain Parasite

I'm probably not going to be here for night, so I'm okay parking a vote here for now. Silent Bowies are problem Bowies!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm okay with extending the deadline. Also, I apologize for relatively limited posting -- this has been the busy section of my week. I'm also sorry about loving up the vote formatting; where I usually play, there's at least some manual checking and people vote others with nicknames all the drat time. LEARNING EXPERIENCES!

Anyway:
##vote Tremendous Taste because either that's a gutsy-rear end scum move, in which case we kill Abyssal tomorrow, or we have a cop vote.. EXAKT is also a tempting target, but let's go with the scanned scum first.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

##vote EXAKT Science

Absolutely no attempt to be helpful or communicate anything, and was backed up by known scum. Barring further developments, I think he's our best shot.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Please do post more, EXAKT. Mind deciphering what your lyricposts were even intended to mean, first of all?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm really not sure about the doctor claim. I'm looking at the F11 documentation, and it doesn't say anything about doctors being restricted from targeting the same person on consecutive nights; is this a typical rule in the SA meta? It seems like a kind of weak excuse for, you know, not doccing the claimed cop.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, honestly, I'm willing to give that a shot too -- if Chic isn't scum, I'm going to look at EXAKT again, but the pattern of scum lurking seems pretty distinctive.

##vote Chic Trombone

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Well, poo poo. I hosed up -- unfortunately, the only defense I can make is that I'm new to games with hammers (the board I usually play on has a standard "plurality at deadline" rule), so I didn't think through the hammering there. I can roleclaim, but it would be pretty trivial for scum to counterclaim me and get me lynched...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm pretty okay with no-lynch on a MYLO. I suspect the kill will be either you or EXAKT, if EXAKT isn't scum -- honestly, why not just whack the doctor? Most of the logic works, but I can't think of a good reason scum would opt not to kill the doctor, whom they know can't protect himself, instead of taking a shot at someone who might not even be vulnerable.

For the record... it's me, I'm Ziggy Stardust. The "Monkee" thing makes me think Allen is breadcrumbing being Davy Jones, either the actual Monkee (apparently there was an urban legend that Davy Jones was in a car accident, had plastic surgery, and became David Bowie?) or David Bowie's pre-stardom self.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

yuming posted:

Yes, yes indeed :sparkles:

You are vanilla town, ja?

I prefer "blinding whiteness of the infinite stars," but yes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

##vote EXAKT Science

The church of :redhammer: is such a holy place to be.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Blargh, that's right -- setups with both a Cop and a Doctor would have had a scum roleblocker, wouldn't they have? I'm way too used to playing in games where the setup is opaque or semi-opaque. I should have double-checked. Still, it was a good Hail Mary attempt, just one with a lot of flaws.

I thought of correcting people on pronouns, but honestly, I've been called a dude enough on the Internet by now that it doesn't really faze me. As long as you're not insisting that I have to be a dude and I and the mutual friend who has met me in person are both lying, it's not the worst I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"All that cocaine has loving wrecked your cognitive functions" is the best reasoning for a post restriction I've ever seen.

(I'm kinda negative on PRs at the moment. I played an all-PR game where someone got modkilled for basically not amusing the mods enough; it was a complete shitshow.)

• Locked thread