Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The Night of the Living Doctor

The dead are rising in London, and the Doctor is spontaneously half-regenerating into his former selves (to save money, he looks the same, but now he is randomly taking on all his old personalities at random times.)

Clara and the Doctor discover the cause of the rising dead are 'zero-dimensional' aliens who rely on vicariously living through physical beings out things to experience any sensations, but found it more morally appropriate to simply revive the dead to perform mindless routine behavior than invade the privacy of the living.

The Doctor and his multiple personalities explain that it's actually MORE morally inappropriate to do that since it's technically desecrating the dead because the living wouldn't even have noticed. For crying out loud, that one dead guy is just masturbating non-stop despite the fact that nothing works, anymore! What kind of sensation are the aliens able to get out of that?!

Stop. Sign.

The Doctor and Clara are tracked through time and space by a mysterious 'postman' who is intent on giving them a very important package, no matter where they run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Who Let the Doctor Out?

This one is all about everyone's favorite mechanical dog, K-9. The doctor goes back into K-9's past to discover how he was created, and there are all kinds of different versions of the mechanical dog made by grade school children from around Britain in this episode, so the kids can tune in and see their own creation on TV. A must see for true fans.

Also in this episode, a big alien spaceship almost blows up the earth, but the doctor re-routes its navigation and it ends up on Skaro, where the aliens have to fight the daleks in a 1000 year space war, but Earth is fine.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 5, 2014

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I can watch an episode over and over again and I always pick up on new snappy dialogue or something I missed. That's because your brain literally shuts off as you watch an episode of doctor who.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
One question for Applewhite: all of his episodes seem to be current Doctor/companion.

Can I suggest a specific Doctor/companion combination to make a story out of?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Write your own, that's why you're here. Get to work.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

glowing-fish posted:

One question for Applewhite: all of his episodes seem to be current Doctor/companion.

Can I suggest a specific Doctor/companion combination to make a story out of?

Only one way to find out.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Applewhite actually asked for suggestions, so cool your jets pal

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Spot the guy who didn't read the OP but the jumped in to add his opinions to the thread anyway.

There's probably a Doctor Who episode in that somewhere.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Stare

Clara calls upon the Doctor for help when people start mysteriously dying at Coal Hill Elementary. The deaths are marked by an onset of paranoia, where the victims all start insisting that they're being watched. Eventually, the Doctor discovers the culprit--the Pareidolion, a creature that manifests anywhere that a living being can perceive a face, such as the headlights/bumper of a car, or an electric socket on a wall, but not actual faces because they are Pauli-excluded (two beings can't coexist in the same face). If the Weeping Angels have the most perfect defense system ever, this creature has the most perfect offensive system ever, because almost all living beings have facial perception hardwired into their brains. In the end, the day is saved by a young student of Clara's who was always thought of as an outcast due to her prosopagnosia. However, a rift grows between Clara and the Doctor when she learns that the Pareidolion had arrived by latching on to the TARDIS the last time it took a shortcut to Coal Hill through Conceptual Space. Will things ever be the same between them... ?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

This is genius.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Fred is on posted:

The Invasion of Ayers Rock
The Doctor and Clara land in Australia, where they fight Cybermen. The episode is a cookie-cutter Cyberman plot in every single respect, aside from the brief appearance of a cyber-kangaroo. The AV Club's reviewer gives this episode a B+.

This is beautiful

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Post Haste: The Doctor is punched into a computer during a fistfight with some generic, forgettable alien. He is sucked into a pink dimension of people who never show their faces, and communicate in brutal, hurtful, and coincidentally English script messages to each other. The Doctor investigates, and discovers that the entities who post the most offensively and frequently, gain the most popularity. The Doctor surmises he must outsmart, out-insult, and out-volume the denizens of this dimension in order to escape it. He is beset by thousands of images of sexual fetishes taken to extremes that induce vomiting in the Doctor, each worse than the last. He declines in anti-popularity rapidly, as sincere observations are clobbered down by sarcasm, and sarcasm is turned aside by accusations of 'not getting it, lol you human being'. At the lowest point, nearly crushed to insanity by the sheer weight of scrotums and racial/sexist epithets he is unable to determine are sincere or just ironic, the Doctor simply gives up, stops participating, and reevaluates his life priorities. He is returned to reality, unharmed.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Too Many Roses
Rose Tyler is back, and she's brought company! When an interdimensional assassin begins stalking and killing Rose Tylers in every alternate universe, the Rose we know somehow manages to steal their dimension-hopping technology. She uses it to go to the Doctor for help, with fifty-three alternate Roses in tow. The assassin is unmasked as yet another Rose, who was trying to absorb "residual time vortex energy" from her other selves in order to become all-powerful, The One-style. With her thwarted, the Doctor parts with "his" Rose with a poignant final "goodbye, and there is absolutely no way we are allowed to see each other again; I really, really mean it this time." Once every Rose is returned home, Clara is left with an unsatisfactory answer as to "what was even so special about that girl" and categorically states that she won't be cleaning up the huge mess the Roses made around the TARDIS.

Tomb of the Angels
The Cybermen and Weeping Angels have joined forces and, in an unprecedented move, have submitted Weeping Angels to the cyberization process, resulting in creatures with the abilities of both. Upon finding out about those "Cyber Angels", the Doctor throws his hands up, chucks his sonic screwdriver in the trash, and slams the TARDIS door behind him while cursing under his breath about finally being done and "never coming back to this stupid planet again". His companion is left alone to figure that one out.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Fred is on posted:

Tomb of the Angels
The Cybermen and Weeping Angels have joined forces and, in an unprecedented move, have submitted Weeping Angels to the cyberization process, resulting in creatures with the abilities of both. Upon finding out about those "Cyber Angels", the Doctor throws his hands up, chucks his sonic screwdriver in the trash, and slams the TARDIS door behind him while cursing under his breath about finally being done and "never coming back to this stupid planet again". His companion is left alone to figure that one out.

It turns out they also had the weaknesses of both and can be defeated by looking at them through gold foil.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fred is on posted:

Too Many Roses
Rose Tyler is back, and she's brought company! When an interdimensional assassin begins stalking and killing Rose Tylers in every alternate universe, the Rose we know somehow manages to steal their dimension-hopping technology. She uses it to go to the Doctor for help, with fifty-three alternate Roses in tow. The assassin is unmasked as yet another Rose, who was trying to absorb "residual time vortex energy" from her other selves in order to become all-powerful, The One-style. With her thwarted, the Doctor parts with "his" Rose with a poignant final "goodbye, and there is absolutely no way we are allowed to see each other again; I really, really mean it this time." Once every Rose is returned home, Clara is left with an unsatisfactory answer as to "what was even so special about that girl" and categorically states that she won't be cleaning up the huge mess the Roses made around the TARDIS.

I like this, but as someone who knows very little about the show, what's the deal with Rose? I get the impression that she wasn't a very popular character or something.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

gnarlyhotep posted:

I like this, but as someone who knows very little about the show, what's the deal with Rose? I get the impression that she wasn't a very popular character or something.

she was the first companion of the new series, became very doctor obsessed and though she got stuck in another world she was given a human clone of the doctor to have as a boyfriend.

she embodies everything many fans dislike about how companions are handled (They MUST be hot girls from modern times with a crush on the doctor for romantic tension, very few exceptions)

Classic who had companions of all genders and eras, in fact Leela from Futurama is named after a companion who was a woman from prehistoric times who was strong.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The Happiness Patrol: The Doctor arrives on a planet ruled by a dictator who has outlawed unhappiness. Secret police roam the streets looking for "killjoys" or anyone who dares to be glum; those caught not happy are killed by a robot executioner made out of candy called The Kandyman.

A friend forced me to watch this episode some time ago. It was pretty good (by Dr. Who standards)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Acne Rain posted:

she was the first companion of the new series, became very doctor obsessed and though she got stuck in another world she was given a human clone of the doctor to have as a boyfriend.

she embodies everything many fans dislike about how companions are handled (They MUST be hot girls from modern times with a crush on the doctor for romantic tension, very few exceptions)

Classic who had companions of all genders and eras, in fact Leela from Futurama is named after a companion who was a woman from prehistoric times who was strong.

cool, thanks

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
For Applewhite:

"The Computers of Doom", starring the 5th Doctor, Adric, Tegan and Nyssa.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

glowing-fish posted:

"The Computers of Doom", starring the 5th Doctor, Adric, Tegan and Nyssa.

The Computers of Doom (1982): In this lost episode of the series, The Doctor and his three companions have traveled to a London that is controlled by the advanced "Urban Control Computer" which is four reel to reel units, a big box covered in blinking lights, a CRT monitor and a keyboard taken from a BBC Micro. The UCC is touted as "perfect" and has automated all the civic functions of the city (removing the need for a council or other aspects of municipal government).
Everyone loves the UCC, and it never hesitates to remind people that it's making their lives better. Unfortunately, people have been living under the UCC's "perfect" administration for so long they no longer question its instructions, even as its orders become increasingly bizarre, and citizens often find themselves stuck performing meaningless or embarrassing actions at its behest. The Doctor and companions, arriving to the situation with fresh eyes, notice something is off right away.
Their questioning is unwelcome and they are soon on the run from "the Bobby;" a robotic police officer that shoots lasers from its fingertips and whose head is an oversized plastic sphere. In spite of its lurching gait it is never far behind our heroes.
Aldric is a real drag in this episode because he never wavers in his admiration for the engineering behind the UCC even as its obviously trying to kill them. Tegan is the most helpful as she actually contributes effort and ideas to the solution. She and Nyssa working together are able to delay The Bobby long enough for The Doctor and Aldric to get into the computer's circuits and fry them. The people of London learn to depend on their own judgement again.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Applewhite posted:

The Computers of Doom (1982): In this lost episode of the series, The Doctor and his three companions have traveled to a London that is controlled by the advanced "Urban Control Computer" which is four reel to reel units, a big box covered in blinking lights, a CRT monitor and a keyboard taken from a BBC Micro. The UCC is touted as "perfect" and has automated all the civic functions of the city (removing the need for a council or other aspects of municipal government).
Everyone loves the UCC, and it never hesitates to remind people that it's making their lives better. Unfortunately, people have been living under the UCC's "perfect" administration for so long they no longer question its instructions, even as its orders become increasingly bizarre, and citizens often find themselves stuck performing meaningless or embarrassing actions at its behest. The Doctor and companions, arriving to the situation with fresh eyes, notice something is off right away.
Their questioning is unwelcome and they are soon on the run from "the Bobby;" a robotic police officer that shoots lasers from its fingertips and whose head is an oversized plastic sphere. In spite of its lurching gait it is never far behind our heroes.
Aldric is a real drag in this episode because he never wavers in his admiration for the engineering behind the UCC even as its obviously trying to kill them. Tegan is the most helpful as she actually contributes effort and ideas to the solution. She and Nyssa working together are able to delay The Bobby long enough for The Doctor and Aldric to get into the computer's circuits and fry them. The people of London learn to depend on their own judgement again.

drat dude how do you do this

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

drat dude how do you do this

Imagine you're given a solution and are asked to figure out the question, but part of the task is to make the question as non-intuitive as possible. So you're told "4." All other TV shows do variations on 1+ 3, 2+2, 3+1 and maybe even some super convoluted "Square root of 16" poo poo. Then Doctor Who busts out with "4-0."

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Applewhite posted:

The Computers of Doom (1982): In this lost episode of the series, The Doctor and his three companions have traveled to a London that is controlled by the advanced "Urban Control Computer" which is four reel to reel units, a big box covered in blinking lights, a CRT monitor and a keyboard taken from a BBC Micro.

Wow.
Have you seen every episode of Doctor Who, ever?

The only thing needed for this is an explanation of how this would turn into a four part serial: how many times the Doctor would be captured, imprisoned and escaped, and what the unnecessary cliff-hangers would be.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

applewhite posted:

The Doctor and his three companions have traveled to a London that is controlled by the advanced "Urban Control Computer" which is four reel to reel units, a big box covered in blinking lights, a CRT monitor and a keyboard taken from a BBC Micro.

LoL perfect. You need to write more for the classic doctors because they may be low budget enough to reproduce. Someone could make some great "classic" doctor who episodes with old computer junk. I mean, people basically hand that stuff away because it's useless to them.

You can just crack up laughing the whole time how cheesy and low budget the old show is. What saves it half the time is the acting, but the new guys don't even have to act. There have so much money poured into special effects for them. That's all people care about these days.

Do it for the kids.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 6, 2014

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Applewhite posted:

Aldric is a real drag in this episode

You capture the era perfectly.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Applewhite posted:

Imagine you're given a solution and are asked to figure out the question, but part of the task is to make the question as non-intuitive as possible. So you're told "4." All other TV shows do variations on 1+ 3, 2+2, 3+1 and maybe even some super convoluted "Square root of 16" poo poo. Then Doctor Who busts out with "4-0."

OK now I know you're actually Steve Moffat

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Kitchner posted:

OK now I know you're actually Steve Moffat

The illusion falls apart when I try to write twee dialogue though.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

Dr Sex Pistols

On a distant planet, a regime with obvious parallels to Putin's Russia is employing a new nonlethal weapon to control unruly citizens: the Antigasm gun. When fired, it causes its target to experience "the pain equivalent of an orgasm." Just as the sensation of orgasm is qualitatively and psychologically different from any other form of physical pleasure, so too the antigasm is unlike any other form of pain that can be inflicted on a body, even if it's not actually "worse" than being injured. But the planet's "President for Life" Kilroy Schlotz isn't content with using the pistols against criminals and the civil disobedient; a side effect of prolonged exposure to the antigasm gun is an inability to have sexual feelings or urges of any kind. Schlotz plans to exploit this effect to wipe out "sexual deviancy" in all its forms.
Among the "deviants" slated to receive the new "treatment" are guest stars Paul Cook, Glen Matlock, Steve Jones and Johnny Rotten! Their band ("Love Bomb") was embroiled in a scandal allegorical to "Pussy Riot" and now they're locked up. With the Doctor's help, they break out of the detention center. After they're free, they tell The Doctor the real reason they're locked up: anyone who listens to their music becomes permanently immune to the effects of the antigasm gun! ("Because nothing frees your mind like music" realizes The Doctor). The Doctor hacks into the worldwide broadcast band (ironically established as a means of transmitting Schlotz's propaganda) and Love Bomb's music is broadcast into every home.
Schlotz is overthrown by his own personal guard in a coup d'etat and the new leader is a lot more open to alternative lifestyles.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Endpoint
In this stunning two-part season finale, we finally learn the answer to the question asked all season ("How old IS the Doctor, really?"), as well as the meaning of the word that's been popping up in every recent adventure ("Endpoint") and the significance of the last 30 seconds of most episodes this season (in which a man in a poncho and cow-boy hat collects some seemingly inconsequential knick-knack left behind by the Doctor this week).

The Doctor and his companion receive a distress signal from a space station besieged by his old enemies, the Quarks. New series viewers are brought up to speed by a ten-minute expository scene explaining every single aspect of who the Quarks are and what they do. It turns out, however, that this setup was a trap, and the Doctor is captured by an inexplicable team-up of every single being he has ever wronged, who proceed to crucify him on a huge, ominous machine.

In the last moments of the episode, it's revealed that this scheme was orchestrated by the ponchoed man, revealed as the Valeyard. New series viewers are expected to hear that name and just sort of smile and nod understandingly.

Shattered Tomorrow
In the next, chaotic mess of an episode, the Valeyard is explained to the companion as "the Doctor's future evil twin" by a returning River Song. Yes, River Song is back to help, and for that matter so is Rose Tyler, as well as eight other past Doctor companions, one of whom is reconstructed entirely from stock footage of a recently-deceased actor.

The Valeyard explains his plan to use the objects he collected, as well as the Doctor himself, to measure the endpoint of his "potential timeline" and thus know exactly how long he personally still has to live. This mad plan, the Doctor shouts, will somehow destroy the Universe. Every single being the Doctor has ever wronged cheers from the background at the prospect.

After eluding the Quarks and escaping several other subplots, the current companion touches some kind of ill-explained time cube and becomes God, using her powers to banish the Valeyard from reality forever. However, this indirectly means killing the Doctor off as well. He makes a long, moving monologue before dying. River then explains that the only way to bring him back to life is through a wake-up kiss. She and several companions argue over who will administer it, until the TARDIS itself barrels through them and just does it.

In a rousing epilogue, the Doctor returns to life and is then asked, point-blank, exactly how old he is. The answer he gives is total bullshit. Fans agree that aside from the episode's sheer spectacle, almost no aspect of the bloated, chaotic mess stands up to the barest scrutinity, but at least the monologue at the end was kinda nice.

Fred is on fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 6, 2014

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
Lamps Are Trying to Kill You

Lamps turn out to be aliens who are sucking out all the light from the universe. They pretend to be giving out light but not as much light as they suck out. This fools everyone. The lamps start to stab everybody as the light goes out, but the Doctor fixes the lamp problem with his sonic screwdriver. Rose gets captured by a lamp but is saved.

Last image before credits is a still of a threatening lamp.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Applewhite, can you please summarize that episode where the doctor learns who is really in charge in the city of Venice?

Also: A Fistful of Daleks

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fred is on posted:

Endpoint
In this stunning two-part season finale, we finally learn the answer to the question asked all season ("How old IS the Doctor, really?"), as well as the meaning of the word that's been popping up in every recent adventure ("Endpoint") and the meaning of the last 30 seconds of most episodes this season (in which a man in a poncho and cow-boy hat collects some seemingly inconsequential knick-knack left behind by the Doctor this week).

The Doctor and his companion receive a distress signal from a space station besieged by his old enemies, the Quarks. New series viewers are brought up to speed by a ten-minute expository scene explaining every single aspect of who the Quarks are and what they do. It turns out, however, that this setup was a trap, and the Doctor is captured by an inexplicable team-up of every single being he has ever wronged, who proceed to crucify him on a huge, ominous machine.

In the last moments of the episode, it's revealed that this scheme was orchestrated by the ponchoed man, revealed as the Valeyard. New series viewers are expected to hear that name and just sort of smile and nod understandingly.

Shattered Tomorrow
In the next, chaotic mess of an episode, the Valeyard is explained to the companion as "the Doctor's future evil twin" by a returning River Song. Yes, River Song is back to help, and for that matter so is Rose Tyler, as well as eight other past Doctor companions, one of whom is reconstructed entirely from stock footage of a recently-deceased actor.

The Valeyard explains his plan to use the objects he collected, as well as the Doctor himself, to measure the endpoint of his "potential timeline" and thus know exactly how long he personally still has to live. This mad plan, the Doctor shouts, will somehow destroy the Universe. Every single being the Doctor has ever wronged cheers from the background at the prospect.

After eluding the Quarks and escaping several other subplots, the current companion touches some kind of ill-explained time cube and becomes God, using her powers to banish the Valeyard from reality forever. However, this indirectly means killing the Doctor off as well. He makes a long, moving monologue before dying. River then explains that the only way to bring him back to life is through a wake-up kiss. She and several companions argue over who will administer it, until the TARDIS itself barrels through them and just does it.

In a rousing epilogue, the Doctor returns to life and is then asked, point-blank, exactly how old he is. The answer he gives is total bullshit. Fans agree that aside from the episode's sheer spectacle, almost no aspect of the bloated, chaotic mess stands up to the barest scrutinity, but at least the monologue at the end was kinda nice.

Nice man. I like how you used the Valeyard, who was actually the master or was it actually the doctor's future self?

The Claws of Zanzibar

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 6, 2014

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
You are so good at this I have to throw in a twist:

Prince Songs/Album titles as Doctor Who episodes.

Let's Go Crazy

Around the World in a Day

Purple Rain

Also, all of these have to feature a different Doctor!

:)

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Stairway to Heaven

Freebird

All Along the Watchtower

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
The Most Dangerous Fame
The Doctor Who travels into an alternate dimension in which he is thought to be the main character of an obscure television show with a strong following. During a comical mixup, The Doctor confuses his Sonic Screwdriver with a replica, leaving the real one in the hands of a fan on his way to a convention designed to celebrate the aforementioned tv show. The Doctor is forced to jump into the lion's den to retrieve his screwdriver only to be overwhelmed by a horde of fans thinking him to be the actor portraying him on television. The situation turns even more grim as Daleks ambush The Doctor, with no means of defending himself! Luckily, things turn into The Doctor's favor when he finds the original Sonic Screwdriver and the Daleks turn out to be costumed fans with no regard for personal space.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Applewhite, can you please summarize that episode where the doctor learns who is really in charge in the city of Venice?

Also: A Fistful of Daleks

Without rewatching the episode or reading its synopsis online (except to check the name):
The Vampires of Venice: The Doctor, Amy and Rory travel to Renaissance Venice for Amy and Rory to have a romantic date. While there, they learn of sinister goings on at a girls' school, which is turning the girls into vampires. Actually the "Vampires" were fish monsters wearing holograms. They were using the canals of Venice as a hatchery for the new generation of their dying species. The girls' school was transforming human girls into females of the fish species. The Doctor offers to transplant them somewhere where they wont have to hurt people to reproduce, but the queen vampire jumps into the canal out of spite, where she is devoured by the mindless juvenile males of the species, thus dooming her race to extinction.

A Fistful of Daleks: The Doctor and his companion visit the old west because she wants to meet Annie Oakley. They arrive in a small frontier town, but there's trouble afoot: several of the townsfolk have been complaining of headaches and blurry vision. The Doctor and Clara arrive just as the town sawbones is about to conduct a trepanning operation to relieve the pressure on a hapless townsperson's skull. The Doctor and Clara are understandably aghast at the barbaric procedure, but are even more disturbed when something starts pushing its way out of the hole: it is a tiny Dalek about the size of a hot wheels car. It squeals "exterminate!" in a high pitched voice and fires a tiny beam at the sawbones before scurrying away out of sight. There is a panic as people begin looking under furniture and stuff, but it's ultimately Annie Oakley who offs the tiny menace with a well-placed shot from her six-gun. More mini Daleks start forcing their way out of people (who are still live while this happens) and soon our heores are faced with a swarm of them, all squealing "exterminate" in tiny voices and shooting tiny sparks of death ray at people. The death rays are obviously not fatal by themselves but enough of them can kill a person "death by a thousand cuts" style.
Anyway it turns out the tiny Daleks are coming from a crashed Dalek ship which, deprived of resources to repair its injured crew, made the most of its resources by building smaller Daleks.
The Doctor, Clara and Oakley manage to reset the computer system, but only make things worse. The computer now has even fewer resources to work with, so starts making Daleks even smaller. The world is now threatened by a plague of germ-sized killing machines!
Worse, all the Daleks are converging on the ship in response to its alarms.
At the last second, Annie Oakley makes a trick shot into the ship's "metal sensor," clogging it with lead. The computer misinterprets the readings as an abundance of metal resources and decides to start building full-sized Daleks again, even going so far as to reabsorb all the Daleks it had already built. This proves to be a fatal mistake for the computer however, which only manages to build half a full-size Dalek before running out of raw material.
With the ship's defenses neutralized, the townsfolk can safely blow it up with dynamite. The Doctor, Clara and Oakley depart on good terms.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
The Who Sells Out
In order to finance his newfound cocaine addiction, The Doctor rents out rooms in the ever expansive Tardis. This episode introduces several permanent additions to the main cast, such as Zack, a deadbeat guitarist of an unknown Grindcore-band called "Dragonfyre" who always claims he's working on a demo reel, The Stanleys, a dysfunctional yet well-meaning, All-American family of five and Glorp, a bizarre purple alien who according to Zack "smells like dead beaver" and always tries to look up Clara's skirt.
The Doctor's addiction is never brought up again after this episode.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Without rewatching the episode or reading its synopsis online (except to check the name):
The Vampires of Venice: The Doctor, Amy and Rory travel to Renaissance Venice for Amy and Rory to have a romantic date. While there, they learn of sinister goings on at a girls' school, which is turning the girls into vampires. Actually the "Vampires" were fish monsters wearing holograms. They were using the canals of Venice as a hatchery for the new generation of their dying species. The girls' school was transforming human girls into females of the fish species. The Doctor offers to transplant them somewhere where they wont have to hurt people to reproduce, but the queen vampire jumps into the canal out of spite, where she is devoured by the mindless juvenile males of the species, thus dooming her race to extinction.

A Fistful of Daleks: The Doctor and his companion visit the old west because she wants to meet Annie Oakley. They arrive in a small frontier town, but there's trouble afoot: several of the townsfolk have been complaining of headaches and blurry vision. The Doctor and Clara arrive just as the town sawbones is about to conduct a trepanning operation to relieve the pressure on a hapless townsperson's skull. The Doctor and Clara are understandably aghast at the barbaric procedure, but are even more disturbed when something starts pushing its way out of the hole: it is a tiny Dalek about the size of a hot wheels car. It squeals "exterminate!" in a high pitched voice and fires a tiny beam at the sawbones before scurrying away out of sight. There is a panic as people begin looking under furniture and stuff, but it's ultimately Annie Oakley who offs the tiny menace with a well-placed shot from her six-gun. More mini Daleks start forcing their way out of people (who are still live while this happens) and soon our heores are faced with a swarm of them, all squealing "exterminate" in tiny voices and shooting tiny sparks of death ray at people. The death rays are obviously not fatal by themselves but enough of them can kill a person "death by a thousand cuts" style.
Anyway it turns out the tiny Daleks are coming from a crashed Dalek ship which, deprived of resources to repair its injured crew, made the most of its resources by building smaller Daleks.
The Doctor, Clara and Oakley manage to reset the computer system, but only make things worse. The computer now has even fewer resources to work with, so starts making Daleks even smaller. The world is now threatened by a plague of germ-sized killing machines!
Worse, all the Daleks are converging on the ship in response to its alarms.
At the last second, Annie Oakley makes a trick shot into the ship's "metal sensor," clogging it with lead. The computer misinterprets the readings as an abundance of metal resources and decides to start building full-sized Daleks again, even going so far as to reabsorb all the Daleks it had already built. This proves to be a fatal mistake for the computer however, which only manages to build half a full-size Dalek before running out of raw material.
With the ship's defenses neutralized, the townsfolk can safely blow it up with dynamite. The Doctor, Clara and Oakley depart on good terms.

Fantastic, thank you :)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Professor What
During an uneventful expedition in the Andromeda Galaxy, The Doctor encounters a mysterious character who calls himself "The Professor". After some cryptic taunts, he reveals himself as the last of the "spacelords", a long forgotten race of warriors locked in an eternal struggle with the timelords since the dawn of time, only to lose after the mysterious extinction of the spacelords. The Professor, who is wearing a leather trench coat and an iconic cowboy hat, seems to mirror The Doctor in many ways, wielding an all-purpose tool he calls the "Sonic Chainsaw" and traversing time and space in a spacecraft that looks like a monster truck called "The REDRUM". Additionally, he is accompanied by Veronica, a racy Martian girl clad in a tight catsuit who is as deadly as she is beautiful. Being clearly out for blood, The Professor challenges our hero to a "Sonic Deathmatch", a fight to the death between a timelord and a spacelord in which they are only allowed to use their Sonic Tools. Being bound to the honor code of the timelords, The Doctor accepts and the brawl begins. The epic showdown spans across the entirety of the Andromeda Galaxy, even destroying planets in the heat of battle. The fight climaxes as The Professor modifies his Sonic Chainsaw using components illegal in all universes to transform it into a Supersonic Chainsaw. He easily overpowers The Doctor and disables the Sonic Screwdriver, but just as he is about to deliver the killing blow, The Doctor produces a piece of wood from his coat and uses it to deflect the Chainsaw's deathbeam. The beam pierces The REDRUM's hull and hits the Chaos Generator, causing a massive Force Feedback that not only blows up The REDRUM, but also the Supersonic Chainsaw. The explosive force hurls The Professor into deep space, who can be heard cursing profoundly despite the fact sound cannot travel in vacuum.

Also, How To Train Your Wagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Applewhite posted:

On a distant planet, a regime with obvious parallels to Putin's Russia is employing a new nonlethal weapon to control unruly citizens: the Antigasm gun. When fired, it causes its target to experience "the pain equivalent of an orgasm." Just as the sensation of orgasm is qualitatively and psychologically different from any other form of physical pleasure, so too the antigasm is unlike any other form of pain that can be inflicted on a body, even if it's not actually "worse" than being injured. But the planet's "President for Life" Kilroy Schlotz isn't content with using the pistols against criminals and the civil disobedient; a side effect of prolonged exposure to the antigasm gun is an inability to have sexual feelings or urges of any kind. Schlotz plans to exploit this effect to wipe out "sexual deviancy" in all its forms.
Among the "deviants" slated to receive the new "treatment" are guest stars Paul Cook, Glen Matlock, Steve Jones and Johnny Rotten! Their band ("Love Bomb") was embroiled in a scandal allegorical to "Pussy Riot" and now they're locked up. With the Doctor's help, they break out of the detention center. After they're free, they tell The Doctor the real reason they're locked up: anyone who listens to their music becomes permanently immune to the effects of the antigasm gun! ("Because nothing frees your mind like music" realizes The Doctor). The Doctor hacks into the worldwide broadcast band (ironically established as a means of transmitting Schlotz's propaganda) and Love Bomb's music is broadcast into every home.
Schlotz is overthrown by his own personal guard in a coup d'etat and the new leader is a lot more open to alternative lifestyles.

nice

• Locked thread