Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Good morning gooners in platooners,

Today I woke up and just closed my eyes and hit the snooze button and thought real hard about my day. I read some GIP posts in bed. Holly B makes me laugh.

Then my cat woke me up and I got up and looked in the mirror and admired my long hair that the army never let me have.

I didn't make my bed as a silent protest against ever doing work again.

I think I'll drink two big mugs of coffee and then poop. My cat might sit on my lap.

Tell me about your morning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
This morning I went to work and nobody told me that my having a beard or putting things in my pockets made me look unprofessional. Imagine that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This morning I found out all my classes are canceled which is good because it gives me a chance to tell me roommate to straighten the gently caress up or get the gently caress out before he goes to work today.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Woke up in the mornin' feelin' like P-Diddy
Grabbed my glasses I'm out the door I'm gonna hit the city
Before I leave brush ma teeth with a bottle of Jack
'Cause when I leave for the night I ain't comin' back

I'm talking pedicure on my toes toes
Trying on all my clothes clothes
Recruiters blowin' up our phones phones

Drop top and playin' my favorite CD's
Pullin' up to the parties
Tryna get a little bit tipsy

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, Imma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
TiK ToK, on the clock
But the party don't stop no
Whoa-oh oh oh
Whoa-oh oh oh

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm working outside on a cold day in MN, but at least I'm not one of those poor fucks working emergency service out in Buffalo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This morning I went to work and they told us about a company audit in preparation for a two year period of layoffs. But this morning I didn't have to wake up for PT, didn't have to get yelled at over stupid poo poo, and shaved because I wanted to. Later I will leave work when I feel like the day's work is done instead of waiting for a commander to stop jerking off in his office and release me. This weekend I may throw out my old uniforms since the sight of ACU pattern makes me sick to my stomach.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
my girlfriend was like, what are you gonna do, spend the rest of your life lying around watching netflix and smoking weed until you scrape together enough of your va money for another vacation?

...ideally, yes

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
watching price is right, packing the bong.

the aarp commercials are getting pretty annoying though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

watching price is right, packing the bong.

the aarp commercials are getting pretty annoying though.

Don't forget to take your Centrum Silver.

And then piss it right back out because vitamin supplements are not well absorbed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And my roommate is being a stubborn gently caress and refusing to talk about whatever the gently caress is eating him up. :smith:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Woke up at work at 0900 because I didn't have to be up at any certain time. Found out the airplane is going in for engine maintenance which means I'm off the clock, and instead of being forced to do mandatory bullshit paperwork or police calling, I'm going back home, and getting paid for a 24 hour shift.

Life is P. rad

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Don't forget to take your Centrum Silver.

after that I'll get on the metamucil fiber train and go poo poo the afternoon away!

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I woke up at 5:45 to go to the gym on campus, and I didn't even have class until 11:40 today.

I think I'm doing this veteran thing wrong...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

pkells posted:

I woke up at 5:45 to go to the gym on campus, and I didn't even have class until 11:40 today.

I think I'm doing this veteran thing wrong...

beep boop error detected please input a time that actually exists

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I get up between 8 and 8:30 pm to go to my lovely work place, where I do 6 people's jobs while listening to high school drop outs talk about their kids and not having any money, because their lift kit costs more than expected. My supervisor on a good night isnt there. And some jack off from a department that I could piss on and not get a cross look from HR thinks he is my boss. Its a nightly test to see just how far I can be pushed by this poo poo wagon called life before I finally pick a way to punch my ticket off this God forsaken rock.

But at least I'm not still in the Air Force.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

beep boop error detected please input a time that actually exists

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
I can walk into any room in my building and not be greeted by dip bottles strewn across every horizontal surface.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm salary, but when I'm done with my work for the day, I can leave early and I get congratulated for my efficiency.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

I can walk into any room in my building and not be greeted by dip bottles strewn across every horizontal surface.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Man, the "Get Help" off-site can't come fast enough.

gently caress all of you. :smith:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got to say "yeah uh, I'm not doing that, ever" to a new O5 that's never worked with contractors until now. He had a look on his face like I had just disproved gravity. I legit think his brain broke for like 15 seconds.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm salary, but when I'm done with my work for the day, I can leave early and I get congratulated for my efficiency.

I'm getting yelled at because I'm working over 100% billing capacity by working on different contracts. It's for two purposes: one I get to network with people and expand my skill set quickly, and two it builds equity in my admin team so I can occasionally gently caress off early and nobody says poo poo.

I have a 2-ish hour commute each way right now though until January so lololol gently caress my free time.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
Good morning GIP.

I woke up today and went to my contracting job late. Then I left early because gently caress it. And I'm making bank.

gently caress ya.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I woke up, went to the gym, and am now eating left over korean bbq.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Just woke up, had a wicked JO sesh, gonnna go to home depot.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh sweet what are you buying?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Cordless drill and some LED bulbs man. Need anything while I'm out?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Cordless drill and some LED bulbs man. Need anything while I'm out?

Light bulbs. 60w. The ones in the kitchen burnt out the other day.

Thanks, bae.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
np :)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't like the new lightbulbs because they're different wattages and no matter what they say it's not the same light level. Half my lights are either slightly brighter or slightly darker than I would like.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Too yellow of a color temperature really bothers me. That's my biggest beef with light bulbs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The incandescent bulb in my bathroom just burnt out last night. It was there when I moved in six years ago.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm doing the vet thing wrong, being angry and depressed most of the time, girlfriends daughter was sick today so I slept in. Need to get back to college so I have something to do besides stewing in my PTSD juices. Also need to start going to the VA again because I just got pissed off with their bullshit and three loving month wait times on appointments. Girlfriend is also warming to the idea of me smoking a little weed with my next door neighbor Vietnam vet buddy so that I'm not on edge all the god drat time.

But you know what? I don't have to work, I have free college and welfare money, and most of loving all i'm not in the loving army anymore. Life is still good.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQSnjR0mvVE

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I like your AV

I have a Bialetti stove top coffee maker and that thing is my prized possession

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've gotten used to the cfl lamps. I have a circuit/fixture that's got a dimmer switch, and I want to put dimming cfl lamps in it, but they were retard expensive and required swapping out the switch last time I checked so gently caress it, put giant goddamn 60 watt incandescent globes on clearance in that bitch. It's like staring into the sun when over my lovely garage-built pine kitchen table and I never use it anyhow.

Goddamn I need a smaller house. I don't use half the rooms in this place and if I didn't have a roommate they'd probably be completely empty. Giant loving money hole, but at least it's going up in value.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mike-o posted:

I'm doing the vet thing wrong, being angry and depressed most of the time, girlfriends daughter was sick today so I slept in. Need to get back to college so I have something to do besides stewing in my PTSD juices. Also need to start going to the VA again because I just got pissed off with their bullshit and three loving month wait times on appointments. Girlfriend is also warming to the idea of me smoking a little weed with my next door neighbor Vietnam vet buddy so that I'm not on edge all the god drat time.

But you know what? I don't have to work, I have free college and welfare money, and most of loving all i'm not in the loving army anymore. Life is still good.

Get a hobby, yo.

Smoking weed and drinking isn't a hobby.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

Get a hobby, yo.

Smoking weed and drinking isn't a hobby.

gonna have to agree even though I'm a giant hypocrite

now, picking a hobby and smoking a bowl, that can lead to some interesting results that aren't square, level, or remotely aligned.

really need to get to building some poo poo on the winter break, just got a nice pile of scrap cabinet oak and some extra pine. oh, power tools and pot...

how the gently caress I have fingers yet is beyond me.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

gonna have to agree even though I'm a giant hypocrite

now, picking a hobby and smoking a bowl, that can lead to some interesting results that aren't square, level, or remotely aligned.

really need to get to building some poo poo on the winter break, just got a nice pile of scrap cabinet oak and some extra pine. oh, power tools and pot...

how the gently caress I have fingers yet is beyond me.

Get into building/playing guitars. Found out I'm better at working on them than playing them lol :megaman:

It's relaxing as gently caress and to throw something together for not that much - they have really cheap diy kits on ebay worth checking out.

Here is my frankenbaritone guitar I was working on at my brother's house. It's a fine guitar :3:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

My dealer doesn't have shrooms UGH

~I prepare for another evening~

Poetry with Brian Turner, oh am I looking forward to that.

Then it's tinder all weekend, and weed. A good week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Good evening, GiP. I've ordered Italian for dinner tonight while I fat slampig my way through an 8 page paper about Las Vegas and urban expansion.

• Locked thread