Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Timely email blast from RandPAC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
"And independents"

i.e. Bernie Sanders

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Coming up later in this speech: a quote from George W. Bush.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Joementum posted:

:allears:

"We're going to deport people faster"
"We need to find a way to keep people here"

e: lmao that was quick for the Bush quote

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Joementum posted:

Good job :hfive:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Joementum posted:

Troll Obama is Best Obama.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Trick requirement, most undocumented people won't owe taxes

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The Warszawa posted:

You ... might want to stick to African policy if that's your read of Latin American political history.

Nah, latin american political history is a bit more complicated than I made it--and more like African developmental policy than you'd expect.

FWIW, without developing Latin America, all immigration reform is just a band-aid and this EO is a stopgap measure to make official whats already occured.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Joementum posted:

Nice.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Troll Obama is Best Obama.

Agreed. It's amazing.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Maybe.....the truth is in the middle???

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
What was he talking about with the current situation being the 'real amnesty'?

It was mostly gibberish.

EDIT: He just challenged Republicans to shut down the government. Challenge accepted, probably :sigh:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I agree with what Jon Bernstein just said on Twitter: Obama is using this speech to try to convince people who disagree on the substance. It's not gonna work.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

It was mostly gibberish.

The status quo rewards those who profit by exploitation without realistic prospect of punishment.

"Many of us including myself have generations that go back in this country." BIG OL' WINK.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Penetrating insight.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I still don't understand what the tech-workers clause is; are they allowed to overstay their visas, or will the program be expanded? :confused:

eta: anecdote incoming

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I kind of can't believe there hasn't been a reality-type game show where the prize is legal immigration status.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fresh from Freep: Tune In to See the Constitution Destroyed! [AMNESTY by decree LIVE thread]

quote:

The way I look at it is that Barack Obama is resigning his office tonight. I mean, if the Constitution is no longer in effect, as his lawless actions infer, then he no longer holds any office, right? Seems logical to me...

quote:

Everyone who is not illegal must also apply for the Caliph's amnesty.

quote:

Oh really??? You had no american passport until the senate had to create one for you without backup docs.

quote:

He is aiding and abetting an invasion of the United States by illegal alien criminals.

The Mexican Government is complicit and should be called to account, like it was in 1846.

DECLARATION OF WAR!

Polk received word of the Thornton Affair, which, added to the Mexican government’s rejection of Slidell, Polk believed, constituted a casus belli (cause for war).[26]

His message to Congress on May 11, 1846, stated that “Mexico has passed the boundary of the United States, has invaded our territory and shed American blood upon American soil.”

Congress approved the declaration of war on May 13, with southern Democrats in strong support. Sixty-seven Whigs voted against the war on a key slavery amendment,[29] but on the final passage only 14

Whigs voted no,[29] including Rep. John Quincy Adams.

Congress declared war on Mexico on May 13, 1846, after only having a few hours to debate.

Although President Paredes’s issuance of a manifesto on May 23 is sometimes considered the declaration of war,

Mexico officially declared war by Congress on July 7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican%E2%80%93American_War

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Called it on the anecdote. :smug:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
"Are we a nation that kicks out a striving immigrant?"

:freep: YES

And now the scripture. He's just pushing all the loving buttons.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

It was mostly gibberish.

EDIT: He just challenged Republicans to shut down the government. Challenge accepted, probably :sigh:

The real 'amnesty' for them that the right keeps pushing as a thing is the system where they hide out forever and never have to pay their share because they're afraid of being deported, it's not a super hard thing.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
What about the strangers from Alpha Draconis, Barack?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

quote:

He’s throwing scripture out there...and playing on peoples emotions....

God does not favor this...Tower of Bable comes to mind !

We are all created equal but that does not make us equal...

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
thanks for the lecture, obama.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Was the tower of babel built by illegal immigrants? Tonight on Freepchat we figure out why it was for sure.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Obama is awesome. :911:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's pretty funny watching Republicans going nuts for Impeachment/Shut down/Default over this live. It's like I'm watching them crucifying their chances in 2016 on livestream.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm eager to hear how these rather restrictive forms of policy change are actually a communist plot that's throwing the door open.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
2:1 odds Barry feels smug that he gets attacked from the left and right on this for both not doing enough and for violating the constitution

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The fact he quoted scripture is going to bring a lot of rage from people I know...I love it!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

How old is this guy

quote:

Whoa...I came over with my parents LEAGALLY AND OFF THE SHIP!!!

quote:

Thank you,God bless you and this country we love.Wow he mentioned God.My Grandparents came by ship and through Ellis Island and they were legal.

quote:

Right! Instead, they come here and turn the areas where they settle into the same kinds of cesspools they left in their home countries.

Case in point: Los Angeles and surrounds areas.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The fact he quoted scripture is going to bring a lot of rage from people I know...I love it!

quote:

It was to be broadcast only on foreign language stations and without subtitles.

He very clearly is speaking exclusively to foreigners, most of whom are here illegally.

“When Obama speaks he speaks as the leader of a foreign invasion” is not rhetoric, it is fact.

Revelation 911 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon [Destruction], but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon [Destroyer].

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"This was a Gruber speech" ~ the Definer of Civilization's Rules and Leader (possibly) of the Civilizing Forces.

Newt is the Obamacare of Net Neutrality.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joementum posted:

"This was a Gruber speech" ~ the Definer of Civilization's Rules and Leader (possibly) of the Civilizing Forces.

Newt is the Obamacare of Net Neutrality.

GRUBER'S A PUBLIC HEALTH DORK, ASSHOLES! :argh:

I don't know why this particular talking point makes me so mad. Maybe it's the economist hive mind whispering in my ear to defend the nest.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

:frogsiren: CSPAN is taking callers :frogsiren:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Sheriff Joe has announced that he is also suing Obama over this. Presumably his Cold Case Squad will do double duty on the lawsuit and their ongoing birth certificate investigation.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Say it Newt, say impeachment you fat coward.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Come on all I want for Christmas is Ted Cruz to cry on national television over this, please.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

A state that shares no border with Mexico? Where's the lawsuits from Arizona or Texas?

It's amazing how angry states that have the smallest amount of illegal immigration get.

I mean California is far and away the biggest by numbers and the only people I've ever met who get super angry in SoCal are suburban San Diego conservatives Tea Party types.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Add Perry to the list of suing

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's pretty funny/depressing. This is the Big Bad takedown of Democracy? "Congress won't do poo poo, so until they do, I'm going to do everything that I legally can."

:bahgawd: "SMACKS OF ANTICHRIST TO ME!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope some one makes a "Second American Civil War" wiki page and lists the people suing Obama under attackers.

• Locked thread