Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

River's rad, the problem is that Series Six was all about River, and Serie Six sucked. That's not a CAUSAL relationship, but much like "The Twin Dilemma" and Ol' Sixie, they're impossible to fully seperate from one another.

I feel like Series Six really frustrated me at times while watching it, but it's almost worth it just for how much this amuses me every time I see it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Burkion posted:

The Angels Take Manhattan was bad. gently caress that.

The statue of liberty part is easily one of the stupidest things in all of Who... and not in a good way. It makes no sense whatsoever.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Timby posted:

The man gave us Cyberwoman, I don't think anyone can be blamed for that.

He also gave us Broadchurch, though... he may be worth hating in the context of Doctor Who, but he clearly has the potential for talented writing!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship just had the same problems everything in that half-season did.

I'm torn about that episode, because on the one hand, I don't feel like it lived up to its stated/potential premise at all, but David Bradley and those Mitchell & Webb robots were great, at least.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

For the first two Doctors, is that extant episodes, or including the missing ones?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Other Things

Like helping to create time lord society and then jumping into a loom? :v:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

CobiWann posted:

I need a t-shirt that says "Adric was right."

Or, "Adric was wrong."

Make it a reversible shirt, with both options.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

RaythFalstar posted:

Scherzo here. Nope, no idea why either. :downs:

BSam posted:

Scherzo for me too.

It was amazing, no loving idea what was going on but I was hooked.

Scherzo was the first one I listened to, as well! I loved it and it got me hooked on Big Finish.

Bicyclops posted:

A very good audio. Not a very good first audio.

Clearly, it's not so bad as a first audio, after all.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

CobiWann posted:

One small flaw. Twelve doesn't have the fashion sense to be Six.

Clearly Frobisher also hung out with Three for awhile, in stories that we haven't seen/heard yet! :allears:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

JoltSpree posted:

So the twist at the end of season 9 is going to be the Doctor waking up again, right?

The twist at the end of season 9 is going to be the 11th Doctor waking up again after Amy's Choice.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm listening to Deadline for the first time. It's fascinating and bleak.

I thought it was the last Shearman Big Finish audio that I had to listen to, but I wasn't aware of My Own Private Wolfgang, so I'm glad that I have one more after this!

"If you wanted to see me, you could have just called, you didn't have to set rodents alight!"

Edit: hahaha and Australian Sydney Newman just showed up. "Struth!"

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 30, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Edit: nvm

Bah! Sorry, talking about the other thread had me confused. Haha. I'm dumb.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

colin baker, what is happening?

Producer V. Mignogna... that's not Vic Mignogna the voice actor, is it?

Edit: Yes, yes it is. Edward Elric playing Captain Kirk? :psyduck: I'm suddenly intrigued.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't know how I feel but I'm interested enough to watch whatever comes from this.

I also discovered that Todd Haberkorn plays Spock in it. (He was Ling in FMA: Brotherhood, and lots of other voice acting roles)

STC was actually talked about a bit in the Star Trek thread recently and I just glossed over the conversation... but now I definitely want to check it out!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Astroman posted:

It's probably the best of the fan films. They have some genuinely good episodes with excellent writing. The actors are all pro, and sets, hair, makeup are period accurate with a good mix of modern and 60s appropriate special effects. You have to buy into other people playing the roles but after the Abrams movies that's not so much of a stretch. Watch "Lolani" and if you don't like it, it's probably not your cup of tea.

Wow, they've really done wonders getting the look just right! I'm impressed, so far.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Eiba posted:

6/Evelyn audios

Doctor Who and the Pirates, maybe?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Whatever DoctorWhat is doing sounds cool, but it's not the original Goon Doctor Who Wiki.

I don't think something can be the original one if it doesn't actually exist in any shape or form.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

2house2fly posted:

The story really doesn't need for there to be these vast time skips and I don't understand why he put them in there

Because he's a Big Finish fan, I'm guessing?

Someday, when Big Finish has the rights to the new series, they are going to relish those gaps as storytelling opportunities.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

What is the actual reason behind the BBC not giving Big Finish new series rights, does anybody know? Are there more lucrative deals elsewhere that hinge upon exclusivity?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MikeJF posted:

You could easily leave space for Big Finish without two hundred years between 6x11 and 6x12. That's just... I can't feel that. I can't easily buy him slipping back into Amy and Rory after that. That's the time gap that gets me most.

Yet Rory already slipped back into things after 2000 years.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, that all became a vague memory to him at a certain point, didn't it? So nevermind.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rory the Centurion would be an awesome Big Finish spin-off line.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I wanted Danny Pink, Cyber Commander.

Heck, that would make a good crossover duo.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Rory Williams, Centurion Templar.

I'm more interested in the Marco Polo mention. Rory teaming up/crossing paths with the First Doctor! :swoon:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He must've killed a lot of Assassins in all that time :ohdear:.

He probably also fought Diablo. He's the one who locked Satan in the Satan Pit!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Dark Water brings us, put simply, the perfect Cyberman revamp.

Well not perfect, as it wasn't a full-length adaptation of Spare Parts. :colbert:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rochallor posted:

Is this a specific instance of Robin Hood they're doing? Because there's no way Robin Hood isn't public domain, is there?

Based on a BBC series of Robin Hood, apparently.

As for Stargate, Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin are currently trying to plan to make a new Stargate movie that is unrelated to the TV series. Just rebooting it from the original movie. Ugh.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

Buncha fuckin narcs.

They wouldn't have had anything to narc about if you hadn't been an asshat. :colbert:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

CobiWann posted:

no rhinestones, no glitter

I work in a fabric store... I cannot begin to describe my hatred for rhinestones, sequins, and glitter. I have glitter on my hands as I type this, even, having just gotten home from a shift.

Edit: Oh god, there's a piece of glitter on the side of my nose that I keep seeing glint in my periphery. This is my life now.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I have a special place in my heart for Paradise Towers on account of it being loving incredible

I love Paradise Towers.

And I'm always glad for a reason to share gifs of my favourite Doctor Who villain, MECHA LOBSTER:

• Locked thread