Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I think that if you're going to look back at entire seasons of the show then Series 5 is one of the best ones not only because of the quality of the episodes but also because of its consistency. Almost every season has these weird highs and nadirs but Series 5 doesn't really have a nadir. Even though people complain about the Silurian two-parter, it is closer to the quality of the rest of the season than Love & Monsters or Let's Kill Hitler were with their respective seasons. It also helps that they didn't do anything silly that year like split the season in two parts.

Also it legitimately had a lot of good episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
So looking at the recent posts in the Review thread, do people think that The Beast Below was a bad episode or something? I thought it was great and it's certainly more in line with the overall quality of season 5. It's Victory of the Daleks that I'm expecting the first negative reaction from frankly.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Let's Kill Hitler was a bad episode. Kill the Moon was a bad episode. Every episode with the word 'Kill' is a bad episode so when next season's titles come in we will know which one to avoid.

• Locked thread