Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't agree. Though you should watch Mummy and the episode after it whose title I keep forgetting.

Flatline. Though I'm pretty sure there was another decent episode this last season that I feel like I'm forgetting.

Edit: If you were turned off by the season and a half of the River Song Show I think now might be a good time to return since she hasn't been present at all thus far.

Rannos22 fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Nov 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The season finale two-parter and Into the Dalek were pretty good. Forest of the Night was an utter piece of crap though.

Haha no it was definitely not those. None of those were the other good episode I was thinking of.

Jerusalem posted:

I loved Robot of Sherwood but it was a very silly episode (which is part of why I loved it).

Yeah that episode was pretty alright. Fun and mostly lightheated. It at least knew what it was trying to accomplish which is more than can be said for the meandering finale.

Rannos22 fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 22, 2014

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I like the idea of just picking up at the start of Moffat's run. I was wondering though - the library two-parter from series 4 is sortof important as an introduction to River Song and is also good, does it make sense to try and work it in somewhere?

I recently rewatched the library two parter and it wasnt nearly as good as I remembered it being. Eleventh Hour is probably a lot better introduction despite the Disney TV movie vibe it gives off.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

The weird new angel abilities in the two parter remind me of when halloween/friday the 13th decided to throw in voodoo, satanic bullshit to try and make the slasher villian more scary because they couldn't just make another movie doing the same stuff as the last one. Sure they're thinking outside of the box and trying something new which is almost unheard of in mainstream popular media but its also completely ridiculous and strains believability.

Also I'd take the Mels actress over Kingston any day of the week. The way Kingston says stuff in the smug tone just makes me skin crawl.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

By the time they get to the wedding, the Doctor realizes exactly what she really is: a broken little girl that he failed to rescue in time. He feels responsible, and to some extent he really is responsible. If he hadn't been so noisy, hadn't made so many afraid of him, then Amy and Rory's children would probably have been perfectly average. Melody/River suffered immeasurably for his sins.

He can't make up for what happened to her as a little girl. He can't make up for her lost parents, lost childhood, nor whatever horrors she suffered at the hands of the Silence. He can marry her, which is what she wants more than anything in the universe, and it costs him almost nothing to do that for her.

I didn't know the River Song story could be made more creepier and gross than it already was but here we are now I guess.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Just stopping by to say that the doctor who A Christmas Carol is still the best doctor who christmas special and maybe even my favorite TV christmas special ever.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

"A Christmas Carol was poo poo unlike [insert special that had less to do with Christmas than Die Hard]"

Some real bad Christmas special opinions in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

adhuin posted:

Oh no! It is happening! :aaa:

We have to decode this message to learn the truth.

Its just "YEAH! CHOCOLATE!" A common Christmas phrase.

• Locked thread