Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Watch every story with River in it in chronological order.

For River. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Is that even possible considering she appears in multiple incarnations in more than one single episode? She's in A Good Man Goes To War as a baby and as an adult so it would be set both before and after The Wedding of River Song, and she's a child and two distinct adults in The Impossible Astronaut?

watch it three times

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Well poo poo, no wonder I'm single.

But maybe there's actually two of you.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What you're not seeing is that photo was taken with the camera upside-down. The ground is at the top of the shot.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well here's the thing, if you get the Cyberman mentality right then anything that improves survival, no matter how slow or clunky it might make you, as long as it keeps you alive better, should be considered an upgrade.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pretty hard not to associate the 11th Doctor's theme with the revival seeing as we had a good four years where it was half of every episode's music.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

quote:

I was expecting to see pictures of the past Doctors when Clive was showing Rose the pics. I think that seeing a shot of Tom, Jon or Patrick would've been so much better than what they used.

Some bad opinions from the distant past. A bunch of different guys would have made no sense to Rose, what made her pay attention was that it was obviously Nine in all of them.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I really like the bit at the end where Rose mourns over the remains of Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXdRts6kJC0

drat good scene.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

But I thought neither he nor Kasran knew about it? Until she only told Kasran at the end of the last night she could be out and about.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That sucked and I hated it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

This is my exact sentiment. It's my second favourite of the Moffat Christmas specials.

I do worry that Clara will outstay her welcome like Amy and Rory did. I was getting a little misty eyed at the end before the swerve and I can't imagine a better ending for her than what was just teased.

Hi, welcome to last season. Glad you could make it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not finding Gallifrey's got to be real, though, right? If it was a dream crab he'd have dreamed himself Gallifrey and got lost there forever.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I doubt it's coming back. The modern design does something similar with the blue wibbly bit inside the eyeball though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'd agree with you about the science if an attempt had not been made to explain anything, because "it's an egg!" was clearly supposed to make it all perfectly clear and instead raised more questions than it answered.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

uuuugh

uuuuuuugh

"Why is the moon growing"

"Because the moon's an egg and it's gestating".

There. That's pretty goddamn clear. Any further "questions" raised are... they're meaningless. They're fan-wank. They're an attempt to take an outrageous, but thoroughly intended, counter-factual premise, and rationalize it. Make thematic logic subservient to the real-world laws of physics.

It's a line of thinking that's totally without merit.

But that's not how eggs work and literal children were pointing that out at the time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Someone brought up Rory's name badge in the simulwatch, though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I hear he's a master of disguise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That was a replica TARDIS being built by the Silence though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wait, I'm confused. Vengeance on Varos is actually good? Or is it just a joke recommendation that everyone but me gets?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Right, it's just that from that bit in the Five Doctors Reboot where Colin Baker forces his family to watch it, I was kind of taking away that it wasn't very good. I'll have to watch it then, all I know about it is it's the one where Six murders two people by dropping them in a pool of acid then drops a cool one-liner.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Try the red setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Be warned, you know how the classic series of Doctor Who had a budget of five pounds (and the Head of Drama wanted the change back) per YEAR? Well Blake's 7's production crew used to look wistfully over at Doctor Who and say,"If only we had all of their resources."

From the other side of the same quarry, usually.

• Locked thread