Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Has anyone beaten the mission where you have to take el stupido to the airport? I've tried it 4 times this weekend and it seems to have bugged out every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

ExplodingSquid posted:

I heard that the Lizard people (Lizardsquad) were arrested by FBI. Hoping it's true and we can all game smoothly over Xmas.

I think they were reported to have been caught in late August and have since committed more DDoS attacks so they haven't been caught or stopped.

EDIT: Oh I see the new articles you must be talking about. Given that this has been reported before I'll just say don't hold your breath.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Lyer posted:

Has anyone beaten the mission where you have to take el stupido to the airport? I've tried it 4 times this weekend and it seems to have bugged out every time.

If you mean "he stands there like a wax figure from Madame Tussaud's while you fend off a thousand law enforcement officials," yes, I have that same problem.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Hey what was the name of that mission you were all talking about a couple weeks back where it's basically "get a buzzard or tank and kill a poo poo load of cops for 20 minutes" or whatever? That sounds like fun right now.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Scyron posted:

Would anyone on PS4 want to try and setup an actual wacky racers kind of event with silly cars in an impromptu race across the state, maybe in some rally form or tag team? Maybe have 1 or 2 people in a helicopter under the weazel news crew tag for a cool perspective on it?

I like this. A lot.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Scyron posted:

Would anyone on PS4 want to try and setup an actual wacky racers kind of event with silly cars in an impromptu race across the state, maybe in some rally form or tag team? Maybe have 1 or 2 people in a helicopter under the weazel news crew tag for a cool perspective on it?
Urgh, I don't have PS+ at the moment and I have a Lime green Weasel News Van we could use.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Duke Chin posted:

Hey what was the name of that mission you were all talking about a couple weeks back where it's basically "get a buzzard or tank and kill a poo poo load of cops for 20 minutes" or whatever? That sounds like fun right now.

There's a bunch of these mainly from Simeon and Madrazo, ones where the penultimate step is doing something that gets you stars then keeping the stars rolling, and the final step is to get to their HQ (sometimes with loot, sometimes with a car, sometimes to just show up in person).

Makes good chaotic Buzzard practice and does not waste one's expensive personal ammo!

Scyron posted:

Got external videocapture equipment, would film and edit!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Duke Chin posted:

Blow It Up II from Simeon. I haven't done it in a couple weeks but it was paying out 20k and 10 RP for about 10 minutes of killing cops in a tank.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I actually had fun, indirectly, with a pubbie last night. I was driving around in the riot van (which is still an excellent pubbie smasher, they just stand there trying to shoot through the windscreen while you run them over. I've never seen a non-Goon driving one) with a load of polis after me when I came across some guy driving around in a fire engine, with a similar train of cops after him. We managed to co-ordinate our respective police chases to get as many other white dots tangled up in them as possible, it was neat.

I also rediscovered how hilarious it is to get a bounty put on you then sit in a tank waiting for people to try and claim the money. Seeing them drive at you at full speed, see you're in a tank and decided to try and drive away, then blowing them up never gets old.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

frenton posted:

I think they were reported to have been caught in late August and have since committed more DDoS attacks so they haven't been caught or stopped.

EDIT: Oh I see the new articles you must be talking about. Given that this has been reported before I'll just say don't hold your breath.

Hoping they are caught.

God drat I love the rag doll effects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6laHseDtOZU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Captain Log posted:

Does anyone want to add a full blown retarded person to their crew? Because I'm dumb as hell and might be able to add a layer of humor due to my inability to do things right in a videogame. I'm going to go about getting added to the lists in the OP. OldCaptainLog and his trusty XBone ride again!

I'm kind of obsessed with making this happen, now. There's a few ways this could happen:
1) Private server - Everyone brings their own vehicles
2) Race - This way we could set up obstacles and unique checkpoints along the way
3) Playilst - Same as above, but it could be divided up into sections, so there could be offroad, land, air, rally, etc

It could be fun to start out with a road-based section, then cut over to a treacherous offroad section, fly from one airport to the other, shuttle to the marina, and then arrive at the finish line via boat. If someone could voiceover the whole thing in a 1930's narrator voice, that'd be choice.

edit: Maybe each team has to submit pictures at various checkpoints, with additional points awarded for style?

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 15, 2014

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Kelly posted:

Blow It Up II from Simeon. I haven't done it in a couple weeks but it was paying out 20k and 10 RP for about 10 minutes of killing cops in a tank.

Yeah that was it! Thanks. :cheers:

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

I'm not working today, so i'm going to do a bunch of this for fun and profit. Also, that playlist last night was the first one i ever did and it was loving fun. Would do again.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Scyron posted:

I am always down for racing and stupid. Had fun with the chopper ride we did a while back.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

What properties do you all own? I had the Alta St. apt and a house in Paleto Bay since there was a garage and gun store right down the street, but the distance between the two is kind of a pain in the rear end, and apart from rare spawns (the custom Sandking XL and Rat Loader, both of which I've gotten and then flipped for cash), I'm not sure if this is worth the drive form Paleto Bay down into LS. Was curious as to what the rest of you are doing and your rationale.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Thaxxas posted:

I'm not working today, so i'm going to do a bunch of this for fun and profit. Also, that playlist last night was the first one i ever did and it was loving fun. Would do again.

The Horse Glue Factory was amazing...even though I was lapped at least once by everyone. Good times!

Geeves, can you post a link to that playlist? All good stuff - thanks for putting it together.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Quoting myself from the PS4 thread:

MrLonghair posted:

Got my delivery of http://www.dx.com/p/silicone-anti-skid-covers-for-ps4-3d-controller-grey-10pcs-286508 , ordered because I felt sceptical about spending $10-$15 for 2-4 fancily decorated ones.

They work very well for my fingers who previously were happy to slip off the DS4 sticks (GTA5 Yoga and so much more) and you should probably buy a bag of them. Don't waste your money on grossly marked up branded fancy looking stuff.

These make a HUGE difference in-game. I feel like I can increase sensitivity on the controls and be in even more accurate, reliable control and accuracy than before. If I wasn't skint until next Monday I'd offer to send three pairs of them out free of charge.

e: and they still work fine when they've gotten sweaty, so much better than withou them (Pinball Arcade Black Knight 2000 test)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 15, 2014

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

The Horse Glue Factory was amazing...even though I was lapped at least once by everyone. Good times!

Geeves, can you post a link to that playlist? All good stuff - thanks for putting it together.

Here ya go:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/uxLpkwgIkESnjgi_ZOXXNQ

I need to put one together with more goon jobs - I just need to play them first.

MrLonghair posted:

These make a HUGE difference in-game. I feel like I can increase sensitivity on the controls and be in even more accurate, reliable control and accuracy than before. If I wasn't skint until next Monday I'd offer to send three pairs of them out free of charge.

e: and they still work fine when they've gotten sweaty, so much better than withou them (Pinball Arcade Black Knight 2000 test)

$2.25? I should give these a try to see if they help me.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

The properties I have are Tinsel Towers, Apt. 45 ($270K - 10 car) and Unit 76 Grenwich Park Way ($120K - 10 Car Garage). It takes about 2 minutes to drive between my 2 properties if I need to ferry cars between the garages.

The Apartment is just up from where the Adder spawns outside Posenbys in single player - its a 30-45 second drive to an LS Customs or an Ammu-Nation.

The Garage is about a 15-30 second drive away from the LS Customs by the airport and about 30 - 45 seconds away from the airport itself although once I have a Buzzard I'll just need to drive very shortly up the road to the heliport on the coast. The nearest Ammu-Nation is probably about a minute away.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I have Eclipse Towers which I want to move out of (it was my first, back when I thought a view of the city would be worthwhile in an apartment I never visit. Oops) and ...Del Perro heights maybe? Whatever. That's the one I'm in all the time. Eclipse Towers is a garage and nothing more, nowadays.

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up
What, no love for the Integrity Way apartments? I gotta move the second garage near the airport though. Some more 10 car garage locations would be nice, seeing as all of em are either in East Los Santos or by the airport.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I can draw out some preliminary wacky racer stuff later today. I don't see why we couldn't do something like 28 players, but for now I'll keep it something like 20, with 21-22 being aerial support.

I don't have a date down, but I'd probably have to do it a Friday daytime or night, or anytime during Sunday.

Weapons I would like to see Molotovs, tear gas, and maybe sawed-off shottys. Something about pistols I think might make it too easy to kill, same with sticky bombs. Though I think we could do a setup with a driver and gunner or navigator for a bit of added safety.

Vehicles Wackier the better? Probably no super's unless they got like detuned to stock or it is one of the worst in the class, with only armor or bullet proof tires. Maybe have one of each class represented with a couple from Utility and offroad or vans. I'm not exactly sure how we do bulletproof tires or not, since that could be a large part of what makes the race fun and wacky, having no tires after the first mile or whatever.

Length Just looking at the map, without allowing too much highway travel, I think from Poleto Bay to the Downtown LCS/ponsonbys' rooftop. That way there is an opportunity for offroad, highway, suburb, and city traversal, for a total of ~6.3 miles. I'm not going to try and force that everyone has to go on the GPS path, I understand there is an easy straight shot with mostly highway for like 4.8+ miles of the journey if the player just follows the west coast, going south.

edit; it is too bad the train isn't usable.

edit2; it might be easier to get new/uninsured vehicles and just get them slightly supped up or something, so we don't need to worry about personal cars getting destroyed or having to pay to get rebulletproofing, after having it or turbo removed or whatever.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 15, 2014

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Have to say the one good thing about Paleto Bay is that the police station always has an armored car or chopper parked in the back for easy access and it's a block away. I'm trying to pull off that deal where you get four stars so I can hijack a Blaine County SUV and garage it, but I keep getting killed. I'll never drive it, since it's completely impractical, but I want a pink, police SUV.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 15, 2014

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
I think that's patched. Patched like for a very long time very early in the old generation of GTAO. The garage stuff has a blacklist that deletes or prevents cars like that.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

geeves posted:

Here ya go:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/uxLpkwgIkESnjgi_ZOXXNQ

I need to put one together with more goon jobs - I just need to play them first.

Excuse me, but this playlist has a distinct lack of Slip 'n' Slide. The race that pubbies hate to love.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Excuse me, but this playlist has a distinct lack of Slip 'n' Slide. The race that pubbies hate to love.

It's not on PS4. I looked for it too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Scyron posted:

Vehicles Wackier the better? Probably no super's unless they got like detuned to stock or it is one of the worst in the class, with only armor or bullet proof tires.
Voltic race on a super bumpy/hilly track.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Croccers posted:

My wildest dream is a Fully tuned Futo only race downtown in the rain.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Croccers posted:

I still rock a Voltic on my main :colbert:

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
The Voltic is a great car. It has some really fatal flaws, like its tendency to flip for any reason if it's even slightly damaged, the fact that the spoiler mainly serves to stop you from shooting out the back of your car, that it can't hit super ramps properly, and that if you're on a straight piece of road then any of the other supercars can just burn past you. You can still win with it. Hell, I'm not even much of a great driver (any PS3 players can attest to that) but I've won my fair share of races in my Voltic, because its acceleration is great, and because most players are even worse at driving than I am.

I haven't played in a while, is there even anyone left on PS3?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

TheDarkFlame posted:

Me! And I still sometimes see Malakai and Otiosely when I log on.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm usually on for an hour in the evenings joining random contact missions.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

TheDarkFlame posted:

Me. Well, I haven't logged in for a couple weeks, been playing FC4. But I'll probably come back for heists or the PC version, whichever comes first.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
Can I get the Dukes online if I'm not a returning player? I haven't seen one driving around, but I can only play about 5 or 10 minutes before disconnecting so I'm not sure if I've missed it somewhere

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lol I join a 7/8 party and we have a playlist ready and it loads the race.

"You have timed out from GTA Online"

well gently caress this then :downs: I could hear everyone having so much fun and I'm battling idiot pubs all sad style

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
:rip:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Me! And I still sometimes see Malakai and Otiosely when I log on.

And me

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

TheDarkFlame posted:

The Voltic is a great car.

It's the best ninja car.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Kelly posted:

Ffffffff I have Blow it up and Blow It Up III but not blow it up 2 available for some reason... can someone host new into one someone soon? Psn: TheDukeChin thx and :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

Did this last night and while the payout was great it took me like 15 minutes to escape my wanted level due to 5 stars online apparently increasing police's psychic powers and giving them all xray vision.

• Locked thread