Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A million bucks up so far on the rebels, save service keeps going down and slowing me up though.

What's the best thing to launder it into?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm putting it towards those Heist vehicles, like the Hydra.

Unfortunately I can't save progress and LSC isn't even letting me sell anything anymore.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I'm putting it towards those Heist vehicles, like the Hydra.

Unfortunately I can't save progress and LSC isn't even letting me sell anything anymore.

Whats the requirement to make the hydra buyable?

You can't buy or sell while the save service is down.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

You need to clear the Humane Labs heist to buy the Hydra. Those heists unlock a ton of those multi-million dollar toys.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
I was able to sell 1! Rebel before R* Game Services went down. Wonderful.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Tried the Hydra, Valkyrie and Savage in the Creator, compared to my Buzzard I'm not really seeing their value beyond awesome multiple players onboard with you-times.

I'd get on and try to get into Humane Labs but these freaking servers. I think I'll buy a tank instead (but where would I use that? Only cars/bikes for heists)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I take it back, Rockstar sucks. Can't save because can't connect to Servers. I'm running into invisible cars on the road. There are cars floating like 20 feet off the ground and stuck there.

How are these idiots still this inept? They've had 2 years to understand how demand affects their servers, etc..

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Well the Hydra's value is having an attack-capable jet to gently caress around with that doesn't require you to break into the army base every time you need a new one, which is probably why it's not as fast as the Lazer but hey Rockstar.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah what should I be doing with this money, I've only done the first bank heist so I don't think I can buy the heist vehicles?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

It's important to point out that it isn't the Hydra from multiplayer, it's the old vertical takeoff version of it that handles like an over-filled bag of poo poo. It's big and slow, but it has that hovering maneuverability.

The two armored Insurgents also open up after the Humane Lab heist, one with a mounted gun and one without. The one without the gun seems to handle a lot more loosely than the gunned one, and might not do off-road as well (it's either that or DukeChin is bad at driving because Mizer's and mine ruled). No word yet on how the mounted gun does in multiplayer, but I imagine it will be a bit weakened down. During the mission it one-shot kills people, but takes over a dozen or so hits to blow up a car.

The Valkyrie firepower is wonderful, but the bird itself flies like handicapped people have sex.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Beastie posted:

Yeah what should I be doing with this money, I've only done the first bank heist so I don't think I can buy the heist vehicles?

Buy a kuruma (plain)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Beastie posted:

Put it into assets you can sell later to get money back, like super cars. You won't get cars taken away but R* will yank duped cash if you don't spend it, so just turn it liquid by buying up cars.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
I started playing Tiny Dancer and the game saved???

See if this works 4 u

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Should I carry it on me in passive mode or deposit it? I missed out on the glitch if at launch so I'm unaware how rockstar tracks you down.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Oh, another note for people having trouble with the actual prison breakout mission of the prison heist:

The guard and prisoner can stop at an Ammu-nation and the prisoner can select all of his normal weapons there, instead of doing the mission with only an AP pistol. This helps immensely if you're going for the elite challenge.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
:siren: HEY PEOPLE TRYING TO HEIST :siren:

People are reporting that playing heists from an invite-only lobby means no load times at all in and out of the missions.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Is there an easier way to get screen shots outside of copying to an external drive?

Slim Killington posted:

People are reporting that playing heists from an invite-only lobby means no load times at all in and out of the missions.

If you can even get online.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
If there is, I don't know it. I'm just swapping a thumb drive back and forth.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Slim Killington posted:

The two armored Insurgents also open up after the Humane Lab heist, one with a mounted gun and one without. The one without the gun seems to handle a lot more loosely than the gunned one, and might not do off-road as well (it's either that or DukeChin is bad at driving because Mizer's and mine ruled). No word yet on how the mounted gun does in multiplayer, but I imagine it will be a bit weakened down. During the mission it one-shot kills people, but takes over a dozen or so hits to blow up a car.

I don't have an Insurgent, but apparently the unarmed one is garage-able and moddable.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I launched into online via SP using the pause menu - I went into an invite only session no problem. I loaded it like nothing is going on.

Give that a shot.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

I launched into online via SP using the pause menu - I went into an invite only session no problem. I loaded it like nothing is going on.

Give that a shot.

Will do after dinner. But I can even get into the creator. Just says services are unavailable. But at least I could listen to mr dread and dancinguy do trash talk for a bit

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

It's unlocked after the third setup mission of the Humane Labs heist.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

would anybody on PS4 like to heist it up at some point, specifically going for that consistent-crew completion bonus for the heists (SHUT UP LASAGNA it was charter's fault :argh: )

Slim Killington posted:

Real talk, if there's anybody else out there who's planning on getting the loyalty and order-of-completion bonuses eventually, deal me in. I'd love to find 3 people who want to put themselves through that, and knock out some elite challenges as well.

Yeah what he said

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 11, 2015

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.

Slim Killington posted:

This has been the case for a long time even with races and missions. I do invite sessions a lot because of this. Unfortunately that seems to make it a lot harder to invite people if you are hosting.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Real talk, if there's anybody else out there who's planning on getting the loyalty and order-of-completion bonuses eventually, deal me in. I'd love to find 3 people who want to put themselves through that, and knock out some elite challenges as well. Ideally I'm looking at you guys Oti/Duke/Mizer, since we're going through them together anyway. Once we're done with all of them let's start all over from the beginning. :getin:

Of course I'm not even going to bother trying that poo poo until I've gone through and learned every heist, which should also give enough time for the servers to stable out.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Beastie posted:

Should I carry it on me in passive mode or deposit it? I missed out on the glitch if at launch so I'm unaware how rockstar tracks you down.

Based on the last time Rockstar tracks people by a delta value of cash the account has (Bank plus in hand) over time. Make too much cash in a short period and you get flagged as far as I know.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My voltic topless has transmogrified into a regular voltic. :(

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

A lot of people reported various car disappearances out of their garages too, I guess the Dukes specifically was missing for a lot of people who owned one.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Anyone on the Xbox one able to get online at all?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Stable on PS4. Going to earn my money.

They did not fix the mask+helmet combination glitch at all btw.

e: alright stable enough to let me on and see invites and do things from an invite lobby. Jesus.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 11, 2015

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I dropped $100k of rebel cash on shirts today. Not a sound investment, but now I can switch from casual to business-casual at the drop of a hat!

Also got the armored first-heist car and a buzzard, slightly more tangible assets.

e: then I idled out by accident and can't get online again.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 11, 2015

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

My Dukes had a Russian flag on the roof when I logged in yesterday. It's supposed to be Austrian, and when I drove to LSC I had to re-buy the Austrian flag :pwn:

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I cannot bypass the 45 minute sell timer with the Rusty Rebel.

EDIT: Going back out and in did it.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

My Dukes had a Russian flag on the roof when I logged in yesterday. It's supposed to be Austrian, and when I drove to LSC I had to re-buy the Austrian flag :pwn:

My temporarily lost Dukes returned, but it, too, had a different flag than the Scotish, it had ..Columbia, I think?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Online seems to have settled down. Doing some new races with the Casco if anyone wants to join.

You'll need to bring your own. I still need to edit every fuckin race and test it to add it and the Dukes so they are available

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Voltic topless now called voltic topless again in the mechanic menu but still turns up as a regular voltic.

Also can't put my private plate on cars anymore, which is more annoying.

Laundered 2.3 million funbux into the new karumas, the big silly truck, a flare gun and all the nicest heist clothes before adding ugly neon kits to most of my existing cars just because.

If the glitch still works this weekend I'll get the rest of the heists cleared and buy more toys with more duping I guess.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Private plates are handled by the iFruit app, apparently you can make up to 30 now on the app but it costs 100k a pop.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
But they're also finally non-unique, so you can have pretty much anything.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Voltic topless now called voltic topless again in the mechanic menu but still turns up as a regular voltic.

Also can't put my private plate on cars anymore, which is more annoying.

Laundered 2.3 million funbux into the new karumas, the big silly truck, a flare gun and all the nicest heist clothes before adding ugly neon kits to most of my existing cars just because.

If the glitch still works this weekend I'll get the rest of the heists cleared and buy more toys with more duping I guess.

Order plate color change in iFruit app and add to car. It will then be available for all others. You should see your plate name in the menu instead of private plate

Have bounties always been character specific? If not that's new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Xbox One GTA online is back up if anyone wants to get some heists going.

• Locked thread