Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I noticed something today that I don't remember happening before. I launched a mission from a friends-only session. After the mission I returned to free roam, but instead of putting me back into a friend-only session it had started an invite-only session.

I've had it happen twice. I guess check your lobby types to make sure you're where you think you are. On last-gen versions, pressing down on the d-pad brings up the player list in the upper left corner and it tells you what kind of session you're in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

I noticed something today that I don't remember happening before. I launched a mission from a friends-only session. After the mission I returned to free roam, but instead of putting me back into a friend-only session it had started an invite-only session.

I've had it happen twice. I guess check your lobby types to make sure you're where you think you are. On last-gen versions, pressing down on the d-pad brings up the player list in the upper left corner and it tells you what kind of session you're in.

This has been happening frequently to me as well. Even after running missions and races and voting to goto free roam with the voters, I'm in an Invite only session with just me.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

geeves posted:

This has been happening frequently to me as well. Even after running missions and races and voting to goto free roam with the voters, I'm in an Invite only session with just me.

This is why I prefer joining a party for chat because people just randomly get seperated and otherwise you've got no idea what's going on. Party audio 24/7

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Prokhor posted:

This is why I prefer joining a party for chat because people just randomly get seperated and otherwise you've got no idea what's going on. Party audio 24/7

I wasn't using the PS4 a ton before I GTA came out, so I am pretty amazed by how clear the audio in the party chat audio is.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is online just broken right now? I've tried joining my buddy a dozen times on Xb1 and its failed every time. Both in missions and free roam. And then it keeps doing the private lobby gently caress up that you guys mentioned. Are the load times for this terrible, or is it a symptom too?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Found a neat bug: game still uses the controls of the perspective you used even if the activity you joined locked that perspective out. Joined a TDM while in FPS mode, forced 3rd person perspective, and took forever to figure out why X was crouch and L3 was sprint.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I had a strange bug earlier today when I was exiting my garage. I left in my Sandking at the same time as another player who was on foot did. My Sandking ran him over, but instead of stopping at the end of the driveway and returning control to me, it continued on to the street. The truck then turned back towards the building and scraped the wall on the side of the driveway. I tried to exit the truck or to drive away, but I couldn't as I was still in the animation. I had to wait and watch for 5 minutes as my truck slowly pulled forward, cranked the wheel, reverse, and crank back over and over again until it finally reached the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhR6SdxarKg

I've had another one that I've been able to reproduce fairly consistently. On the Potshot mission, I've been stopping the van by blocking the brige and yanking the van driver to the ground. If you shoot him with a high powered weapon, the game will attempt to push him though the bridge, but then fail, causing him to spasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TUv-R9qSLs

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Is there a way to turn off the player label when you have your mini map expanded? I cannot figure it out.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Is there a way to turn off the player label when you have your mini map expanded? I cannot figure it out.

Yes And if I could actually join a session I'd help out more. Check under Settings -> display player overhead display

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
What aiming mode are most goons using? The last few nights I've tried to join crew sessions and got nothing.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I'm using partial assisted aim, I don't mind free aim all that much, but it's really hard seeing dudes from far away and especially when they have pinpoint accuracy.

Do suppressors do anything? I kill one guy and pretty much all the mobs know where I am exactly.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Lyer posted:

I'm using partial assisted aim, I don't mind free aim all that much, but it's really hard seeing dudes from far away and especially when they have pinpoint accuracy.

Do suppressors do anything? I kill one guy and pretty much all the mobs know where I am exactly.

Suppressors do three main things, they lower damage, they lower range, and they lower the chance of NPCs that aren't already against you noticing your firing (but primarily this is useful for long range weapons).

Secondarily, they are quieter to other players both in free roam and outside it, so they can result in the gun noises blending in better with ambient world sounds.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Yes And if I could actually join a session I'd help out more. Check under Settings -> display player overhead display

I thought it was that too - but it doesn't work. It doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe when I log in and out it'll take.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

Suppressors do three main things, they lower damage, they lower range, and they lower the chance of NPCs that aren't already against you noticing your firing (but primarily this is useful for long range weapons).

Secondarily, they are quieter to other players both in free roam and outside it, so they can result in the gun noises blending in better with ambient world sounds.

Also in Deathmatches or other PvP gametypes (other than LTS), it makes it so people have to be a lot closer to you for you to appear on their minimap from firing a weapon.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

I thought it was that too - but it doesn't work. It doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe when I log in and out it'll take.

Hmm. I usually use the big radar and they are off for me. And was able to turn them on and off again.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Kelly posted:

On ps3 it's in online> options

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Kelly posted:

I wasn't using the PS4 a ton before I GTA came out, so I am pretty amazed by how clear the audio in the party chat audio is.

They recently increased the bitrate (or w/e) via a patch. It was really bizarre hearing people so crisply for the first time.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Macintosh HD posted:

What aiming mode are most goons using? The last few nights I've tried to join crew sessions and got nothing.

The "join crew" option has never worked right (last gen). You're much better off selecting someone from your crew list and joining them directly.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Updated the customization spreadsheet with the new cars.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

There is nothing I can do about dissapearing ammo and money, right?

After a bit of Googling it looks like it has a chance to happen when you are switching sessions and I probably change sessions 5-10 times a game because it's so drat hard to get synced up with friends. Yesterday I managed to get around 50k from a few missions and I just now logged by in and all 50k plus carbine and pistol ammo are gone. Kinda lame.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Customfresh posted:

After a bit of Googling it looks like it has a chance to happen when you are switching sessions and I probably change sessions 5-10 times a game because it's so drat hard to get synced up with friends. Yesterday I managed to get around 50k from a few missions and I just now logged by in and all 50k plus carbine and pistol ammo are gone. Kinda lame.

As in the OP (albeit a bit buried) file a ticket with R* support, they're usually pretty good about fixing issues like this behind the scenes.

Just don't be this guy:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Customfresh posted:

I know that can happen sometimes if you don't leave GTA online before quitting the game, also can happen if Rockstar cloud services are down...

Also, during missions, you only keep ammo that you actually buy, but I don't think you keep things you pick up off of NPCs beyond the session.

The only exception to that rule I know of is in Cypress flats LTS, you can keep the crow bar and baseball bat forever

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

My first horrible youtube upload: Seems About Right

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Hugh Malone posted:

On ps3 it's in online> options

It appears to the the same on PS4 - those settings look identical.

Now the map is stuck as expanded no matter what I do and the player overhead display doesn't seem to do a thing. I've turned the game on and off a couple times too. I might just suck it up and reset all of my stuff to default.

THANKS ROCKSTAR.

Edit: reset my settings to default it's still stuck. :lol:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I never got my 500k when I upgraded to Xbone and my buddy did :(.

Snaggletooth
Mar 15, 2002
On the ps4 you have to go to the store page from within the game to get the preorder bonus. Probably the same on xbone. If that's what you're talking about.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Hugh Malone posted:

I know that can happen sometimes if you don't leave GTA online before quitting the game, also can happen if Rockstar cloud services are down...

Also, during missions, you only keep ammo that you actually buy, but I don't think you keep things you pick up off of NPCs beyond the session.

The only exception to that rule I know of is in Cypress flats LTS, you can keep the crow bar and baseball bat forever

gently caress I knew I was missing a melee weapon! Now I gotta go find a way to procure a baseball bat.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Hugh Malone posted:

Are there any missions or deathmatches where you can pick up a Musket?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
no.

The musket was an independence day item that was for a limited time, as is the fireworks launcher, gausberg sweeper and roosevelt vehicle.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Scyron posted:

no.

The musket was an independence day item that was for a limited time, as is the fireworks launcher, gausberg sweeper and roosevelt vehicle.

I know that, I had one but it got deleted from my inventory when the LTS patch came out. I was hoping I could pick one up and it would recognize that it was on my purchased list once. :(

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Corzaa posted:

I know that, I had one but it got deleted from my inventory when the LTS patch came out. I was hoping I could pick one up and it would recognize that it was on my purchased list once. :(

If you put in a ticket I am sure you can get it back.

I lost mine for a while but it came back after a patch.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
People need to learn to drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QhTYnLEgA

I hope this serves as a good driving instruction.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

PSN is down for everyone, ugh.

https://twitter.com/lizardpatrol/status/541751366297743360

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If you're logged in right now then you're okay, I'm playing some stuff on PS3 right now OK but I'm told if you aren't logged in then you ain't goin anywhere.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Policenaut posted:

If you're logged in right now then you're okay, I'm playing some stuff on PS3 right now OK but I'm told if you aren't logged in then you ain't goin anywhere.

Figures...the PS4 was off when this went down.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Macintosh HD posted:

I prefer free aim but I'm not in any Goon Crews. Xbone.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm going to laugh if it's revealed they're using the LOIC to DDoS Xbox and PS networks.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Didn't these stupid little twats phone in a phony bomb threat to a domestic airliner last year or something? Especially in today's climate of CORPORATIONS > YOU how are these dips not already shut down? Get off my e-lawn you little fucks. I want to strafe dots with my Lazer of Doom™ later tonight. :argh: YOU ARE INCONVENIENCING MY FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!

OH, also, where does the dodo/seaplane spawn at either in SP or GTA:O? I want to give that a whirl.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If I recall, the Dodo spawns at the very bottom of the airport. You know, that area of warehouses and hangars near the coastline where you can find the Titan. It's kinda hanging around outside for you to grab sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Since PS4 seems to be down:

:siren: :siren: This is a Weazel Action News LLJK Special Report :siren: :siren:

Hello, this is Wynter Summers reporting for new start up station LLJK! We’re so new we don’t even have a graphics department. In fact, I don't even know if we're an actual news station. I haven't quite figured that out. I have to take my own pictures... with my mobile. This is uncalled for! We're not the Chicago Sun-Times! LLJK management won’t return my calls and I assume they won't splurge for a paltry Canon T3: the worst. I could only hope for something that supports 1080p. I look so much better in HD.

The mass exodus from - and demise of - Weasel Action News cannot be exaggerated. (Reviews NDA and decides, gently caress it)

Is Buffy Wang’s reign of terror finally over?

The class action suit against Weasel News and loose canon reporter Buffy Wang was brought about by intern associates, who were not paid fairly (or at all) and in some cases allegedly assaulted by Ms. Wang. There was also that hazy incident involving this reporter and Ms. Wang that started with her making me drinks. The next morning, my clothes and my apartment was in complete disarray and some accessories that were definitely not mine.

Ms. Wang also stole my Mini and the next evening she crashed it into a local Ponsonbys near my condo while I assume she was attempting to return it.

Inside I found the result of her terror. It’s said that the fire wasn’t caused by the wreck. Limping, Ms. Wang poured gasoline all over my car then set it aflame.

Franchise owner Claudia Carroll barely escaped. Suffering only a lacerated arm and a sprained ankle. Ms. Carroll lamented the recent incident and recalled, “I was closed for over three weeks. Longer than that store in Akron. I lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue. According to many of my patrons, it’s officially worse than ebola.”

I think she stole my favorite dress. But that’s okay, I’ve turned Buffy’s stylist against her.

And it’s been fabulous.

Since I left Weazel News for my new position at LLJK, I must say that Los Santos looks brighter, more in focus. It's like my eyes have been upgraded and I see true detail. But it does have its drawbacks as I do tend to spend more time traveling in the clouds than I did previously.

Enough about that. In the Weazel settlement, I was granted sole ownership of Buffy’s yacht, The Ghomeshi, which is great for sailing. According to Buffy its sound carries excellently across the open water when it strikes a dolphin. I begin to re-evaluate Ms. Wang as a former colleague... she might be a monster.

I also was granted ownership of a Weazel News Van, a small recompense for my destroyed car.

My first assignment was to track down some of of Ms. Wang’s former interns, who meet at Vespucci Beach. I arrived to find their little group therapy session already in progress around a campfire. They spend their nights standing around the fire, eyes glued to their phone in complete silence, waiting for each other to suddenly break down crying in fear and shame. They actually refer to these breakdowns as "A Happening".

The former interns told me I could find some of the other interns up on the beach in Chumash, where more congregate in hopes of escaping the dark employment of their past.

I tracked down Carl J. up in Chumash and found him still wearing the sunglasses Ms. Wang gifted all her conquests. “Ms. Wang said I had an eye for directing and often had me direct her in some films that under her supervision ended up rather tasteless. Ms. Wang would put them on the internet, but who knew that nobody wanted to see Buffy sing a cover of Royals while nude thrusting? Did you see the meltdown on Bleetr?

“Anyway, I left. I knew I had to step up my game and get some real credits to my name. So I went into the adult film business as a director and cinematographer. Maybe you’ve seen some of my work?”

After politely turning down Clint for a starring role opposite him, I ran in to another of Ms. Wang’s interns. Jackson M. was also wearing wearing the signature sunglasses that were gifts known to be from Ms. Wang. Jackson was one of the fortunate ones who left relatively unscathed, but only after Ms. Wang constantly referred to the talented camera man as “Action Jackson”.

Jackson was not happy to see me. “Man, I told you crazy bitches to leave me the gently caress alone. Do you know what therapy costs? 300 dollars a session, twice a week. I loving rob convenience stores to pay for it all. Between therapy and replacing the camera equipment that she threw off of her balcony in a drugged out rage...Do you know how much those lenses cost? I have no other recourse at the moment until my benefits kick in from my new job. Ninety days before they start. What kind of poo poo is that? And do you know she's trying to hunt me down? That psycho has it in her tiny mind that I live on Grove Street. She's been shooting up the Ballas because of that insane reason... and she has four confirmed kills.”

I informed Jackson about the group therapy down at Vespucci Beach and he replied, “Ms. Wang knows all about that. Trust me. They think they’re safe. I heard she attends the meetings herself in disguise, even tells fake stories - actually they are probably true - about the abuse she's responsible for her to fit in. Some of us are going to be silenced. Those that think they’re safe, they’re just in denial. I learned what true denial was last week in therapy.” When I asked Jackson of his given, unwanted nom de plume, Action, Jackson got angry but answered, "at least that racist bitch didn't call me Jesse. Now get the gently caress away from me and leave me in peace. Like I said, I got a sweet new gig filming for COPS. My first episode is with the LSPD and I cannot wait. It's going to be great. I mean what could possibly go wrong?"

I returned to the Vespucci Beach to be greeted by a solemn Michelle T.

Michelle said, "She killed Sam, that bitch!" Samuel T. and a random man (who at no time worked for Weasel Action News or Ms. Wang) were allegedly shot point blank by Ms. Wang. "Jackson was right, she found us. She pretended to be one of us. Called herself Lisa. She loving faked her happenings. Who does this?" After Ms. Wang had her "Happening", she then fled the scene.

As I check out the scene I see Phil C., a former weather intern, lying in the fetal position in the sand. Michelle told me that Phil now suffers from night terrors and claims that he’s living the same day over and over again, each time ending with his death by Ms. Wang’s own hand.

So where is Ms. Wang now hiding? Sources say that the LSPD has been staking out one of her favorite hideouts.

Two senior Weasel Action News executives, or perhaps just random women on the street, refused to discuss the allegations on the record. However my investigation shows that they are allegedly complicit in Ms. Wang’s ventures and bankroll her numbers racket down on Grove Street.

More on this story as it develops.

Next time on LLJK: Scandal in Banham Canyon!

This woman:

And this fireman:

Sext each other lasciviously in broad daylight as his comrade dies.

The harrowing story of Gunther Harmon, a LSFD captain.

And his brother who tries to come to grips with his loss.

The Gunther Harmon Story. An LLJK exclusive.

• Locked thread