Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

T1g4h posted:

So if I buy the mullet hairstyle now and then switch back to my bald War Boy look, am I hosed if I decide I want a mullet again after the Independence Day stuff ends, or is it permanently unlocked for me? I know hairstyles are kinda weird in that you have to pay for them every time you want to switch.

You won't be able to get it back after the holiday event, that's how it happened last year. It's immensely stupid that we'll never get pinstriped suits, flapper dresses or mullet hairstyles year round because of the way Rockstar handles holiday events, even when that content is already installed into the game and hardly even holiday themed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

circ dick soleil posted:

You won't be able to get it back after the holiday event, that's how it happened last year. It's immensely stupid that we'll never get pinstriped suits, flapper dresses or mullet hairstyles year round because of the way Rockstar handles holiday events, even when that content is already installed into the game and hardly even holiday themed.

:sigh:

Figures. Thanks Rockstar, for making things needlessly complicated. At least I'll always have the Musket and Fireworks launcher after this, plus the Liberator. Silver linings and all.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I know this is me just being a whiny noob but I really wish store front's were bullet proof and the doors didn't open when shot, I had a guy repeatedly kill my female character while I was in a Suburban looking at the new clothing stuff. Also maybe some kind of rear exit or roof escape would be nice, hell just give Suburban and Binco a new layout with a wall to take cover behind like Ponsonby's has.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 1, 2015

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Anime_Otaku posted:

I know this is me just being a whiny noob but I really wish store front's were bullet proof and the doors didn't open when shot, I had a guy repeatedly kill my female character while I was in a Suburban looking at the new clothing stuff. Also maybe some kind of rear exit or roof escape would be nice, hell just give Suburban and Binco a new layout with a wall to take cover behind like Ponsonby's has.

Passive mode?

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Passive mode?

They'd probably just switch to shooting the clerk to gently caress with you then.

At least, I think that works? It does for Ammunation.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Unless I actually want to kill someone I stay in passive mode all the time because of the amount of Insurgents, Hydras and Lazers in every server. I do get into some servers where everybody leaves each other alone and we all do our own thing which is nice.

Ra-amun posted:

They'd probably just switch to shooting the clerk to gently caress with you then.

At least, I think that works? It does for Ammunation.

It used to close other clothing shops but I don't think it does it any more because I was buying some clothes yesterday and someone blew up my car, came in and shot the clerk and then proceeded to have a shoot out with the cops and I was still able to buy clothes and manage outfits.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah, if the clerk gets shot it the store closes, in Ammunation and some convenience stores the clerk starts shooting too, I even got killed by an Ammunation clerk because someone started shooting in, I headed for the area with the shooting range and he shot me in the back, the only way it was the other player would be a massive lag spike I didn't notice.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

Yeah, if the clerk gets shot it the store closes, in Ammunation and some convenience stores the clerk starts shooting too, I even got killed by an Ammunation clerk because someone started shooting in, I headed for the area with the shooting range and he shot me in the back, the only way it was the other player would be a massive lag spike I didn't notice.

I ride my bike in while in passive while others are in there and the clerk shoots at everyone inside the store.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You should park your car in front of the doors and exit your car directly into the shop.. your car will keep you safe as you shop. Have fun.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Anime_Otaku posted:

I've had the ammu-nation dude pull an automatic shotgun on the police before when they were chasing me. he's cool and my friend

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 1, 2015

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Found a new glitch, well maybe not a proper glitch but it was weird. A guy killed me as I was driving my Sovereign into the LSC in Burton and it rolled in to the LSC. The only way to get the thing back was to call the mechanic.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

geeves posted:

I ride my bike in while in passive while others are in there and the clerk shoots at everyone inside the store.

:lol:

Holy poo poo I never knew about this, that's amazing. Need to try that next time i'm on.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

circ dick soleil posted:

It's immensely stupid that we'll never get pinstriped suits, flapper dresses or mullet hairstyles year round because of the way Rockstar handles holiday events

I still have my flapper dresses. I also had all of the masks and the v-day t-shirts for quite a while after the event ended.

The t-shirts disappeared a couple of months later, seemingly at random. The masks disappeared after the heist update.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

I still have my flapper dresses. I also had all of the masks and the v-day t-shirts for quite a while after the event ended.

The t-shirts disappeared a couple of months later, seemingly at random. The masks disappeared after the heist update.

I still have my V Day masks I believe and all the LOVE shirts. Now I'll have to check again sometime to be sure

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Game keeps telling m,e rockstar servers arre unavailable in the launcher...how do I fix??

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

circ dick soleil posted:

I can still buy the flapper dress as well as the Thompson SMG, but not the Roosevelt. :iiam:

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

FINALLY! I can roll around all matchy matchy with c0upedeville and his vulture mask, except mine's in pink! :c00lbutt:

These clothing/face/hair options are sooo much better than Ill-Gotten Gains Pt 1.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Anyone know the cheapest place I can get this online for PC right now? I'm ready to join the ranks of LLJK

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The game just came out so everything is still 60 dollars.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

hellfaucet posted:

FINALLY! I can roll around all matchy matchy with c0upedeville and his vulture mask, except mine's in pink! :c00lbutt:

These clothing/face/hair options are sooo much better than Ill-Gotten Gains Pt 1.

I checked the masks today and went on a spree

I remember sending c0upe a message like my 1st or 2nd week about his mask and was SO disappointed that I couldn't buy it then.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I took fifteen shots of this little sequence, but you get the idea.

:patriot:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Maybe somebody can help me out. I need a few goons tonight who can help me test a mission. Please get on mumble.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Why can't you set team specific spawn points in team death match? What the gently caress Rockstar?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Why can't you set team specific spawn points in team death match? What the gently caress Rockstar?

Because then there would be even worse gimmick setup games where the other team can't win.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
You would also have dipshit players find a good vantage point and camp players on the enemy team if they knew exactly where they would spawn. They always try to validate it, "you shouldn't have allowed us to camp you", for example, but that doesn't mean it's not a dick move.

I had wrathcough help me test something

Apparently submarines can be carried by the cargobob and they do work in swimming pools. But swimming pools aren't deep enough to submerge in :(
Are there any huge shallow bodies of water? Idea: submarine bumperboats/tag (2 hours of setup for 30 seconds of fun)

Someone crashed our pool party, literally

(it was us)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

UserErr0r posted:

Are there any huge shallow bodies of water? Idea: submarine bumperboats/tag (2 hours of setup for 30 seconds of fun)

How deep is the dam reservoir? I've never taken any watercraft into it.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Floppychop posted:

How deep is the dam reservoir? I've never taken any watercraft into it.

Assuming we're talking about the Land Act Reservoir (I think that's the name?), it varies. I've never explored it myself, but it gets deep enough to break cars.
However, the reservoir/dam by the observatory is very deep.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I met a pubbie hacker yesterday and hilarity happened. Here's a few snapshots I managed to catch of some of what went on -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLplxIi52xY

He was a pretty chill guy, just messing around not being a douche.

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Anyone on PC want to exchange races for car mods? DenizenKane on social club.

nvm found someone

DenizenKane fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 2, 2015

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Why can't I buy more ammo for the fireworks launcher? :wtf:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

hellfaucet posted:

Why can't I buy more ammo for the fireworks launcher? :wtf:

I've seen people mention this a couple times now and it had me worried, but it's working fine for me. Does it just not give you the option when you go into Ammunation? Because that's weird :iiam:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Says it is "unavailable"

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Would of any the xbone crew like to do the all in order/crew loyalty challenge on Sunday? While we're at it we could also go for the $10 million challenge for completing them all without dying but I'm not really bothered about that one.

I was thinking of starting at around 4pm BST (8am PDT or 11am EDT) or maybe a couple of hours later depending on the times that everyone can make.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Would of any the xbone crew like to do the all in order/crew loyalty challenge on Sunday? While we're at it we could also go for the $10 million challenge for completing them all without dying but I'm not really bothered about that one.

I was thinking of starting at around 4pm BST (8am PDT or 11am EDT) or maybe a couple of hours later depending on the times that everyone can make.

Can't this weekend, but if you don't manage to fill up the spots to get it done, I could likely manage it across a couple of evenings next week.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Sunday works for me. Count me in for this.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I'd be in, I think Abilifer might be in as well as we were discussing getting a group together to do the last heist. It'd be probably be preferable for me if we could get a group to knock out the last heist on my first character then on Sunday I can use my second one for this since she's only done the Fleeca heist.

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I'm down for this. How long do you think it would take to go through all the heists?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I'm working all drat weekend because I went on a mini-vacation upstate last week. Sorry.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
This look familiar to anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Abilifier posted:

I'm down for this. How long do you think it would take to go through all the heists?

Well, I wouldn't make plans for that evening. The later ones can take an hour and a half each at least.

• Locked thread