Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Hahahahaha. That was amazing. Every moment of my lovely race performances were made up through my Gandalf'ing the tunnel on Horse Factory.

It's a loving challenge in itself to stay on top of those containers with the constant ramping of trucks trying to murder me. And when you run out of sticky's, it gets even tougher. But I persevered!

E: Red, I assume by "lasagna miracle," you meant Lapsus Memoriae. In which case, I'm free any time baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I do not have class this evening and would like to join in the festivities. What time does everyone usually get on ?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Trying to get the Romero Hearse to spawn is consuming all my free time but I must have it!

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

CappyBottoms posted:

Trying to get the Romero Hearse to spawn is consuming all my free time but I must have it!

I don't think they spawn on their own in current gen. Find someone that already has one to make one spawn.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I do not have class this evening and would like to join in the festivities. What time does everyone usually get on ?

I'm usually on around 8-8:30. Usually there are other goons around as well.

Bargain bin Laden
Nov 2, 2006

See how pathetic I am?
Haven't checked this out in quite some time; is it still a case of always being instantly blown up by some doucheglove in a tank right as you step outside?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Pivit posted:

I don't think they spawn on their own in current gen. Find someone that already has one to make one spawn.

Anyone on Xbox One have a Romero that can help me spawn one?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bargain bin Laden posted:

Haven't checked this out in quite some time; is it still a case of always being instantly blown up by some doucheglove in a tank right as you step outside?

Pretty much no one uses tanks anymore because they've been nerfed into the ground.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Bargain bin Laden posted:

This has never really been the case ever.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Nintendo Kid posted:

This has never really been the case ever.

We must not have been playing the same game

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

CappyBottoms posted:

Anyone on Xbox One have a Romero that can help me spawn one?

I have one. I'm on for a bit now and will be back on later tonight.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

titties posted:

We must not have been playing the same game

I've been playing on 360 since launch day of Online. Never had it.

Dudes waiting with a tank at the central Los Santos mod shop back when hacking was in full flower I will grant, they were on every session I will grant, but definitely not being shot at within blocks of leaving apartments,

titties
May 10, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

I've been playing on 360 since launch day of Online. Never had it.

Dudes waiting with a tank at the central Los Santos mod shop back when hacking was in full flower I will grant, they were on every session I will grant, but definitely not being shot at within blocks of leaving apartments,

During the infinite cash + buy anything from the website at any level days on PS3 there was usually a small battalion of tanks making a circuit around the most populated downtown residential district and camping garage doors. I just wanted to ride my bmx bike at the skate park god drat it

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
There was a time on PS3 where tanks were almost guaranteed in a lobby. It was kind of horrible and boring.

titties
May 10, 2012

Kelly posted:

There was a time on PS3 where tanks were almost guaranteed in a lobby. It was kind of horrible and boring.

same

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Maybe this is a stupid question but how do people know where a special crate is going to drop? I usually grab a jet or chopper to get ready for it and by the time the icon appears on the map, somebody's already right next to it.

titties
May 10, 2012

Slim Killington posted:

I usually grab a jet or chopper to get ready for it and by the time the icon appears on the map, somebody's already right next to it.

They're probably just driving directly there in a fast car instead of calling Pegasus, navigating the menus, driving to the pick-up, and then flying to the drop point.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That's why you gotta get in a Buzzard or something when you see the indicator at like 3 hours to go, just to get that thing ready.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
What I meant was I'm flying in the jet or helicopter before it drops, I start all this at the "10 minute" notification. Some people are just where the icon is going to hit before it hits. I figured you could see the plane flying over or something, but I never have.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh, well the crate spawning anywhere on the map means some people are just gonna turn up luckier than others. This one time I was just floating in the air waiting for the crate to spawn and it literally spawned in my exact location, so all I had to do was land and take it long before anyone got there. Sometimes you just can't win because some dude was chilling out in Blaine County and it happened to land there.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Aardmania posted:

I have one. I'm on for a bit now and will be back on later tonight.

My gamer tag is Cappy Bottoms if you want to hit me up.

titties
May 10, 2012

Slim Killington posted:

What I meant was I'm flying in the jet or helicopter before it drops, I start all this at the "10 minute" notification. Some people are just where the icon is going to hit before it hits. I figured you could see the plane flying over or something, but I never have.

There's an indicator way before the crate icon appears, it's a green circle on the map and it's marked by a huge plume of red smoke.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
There will also be 3-5 enemy AI around with body armour and assault rifles, disengage passive mode ahead of arrival. What I like to do is to be airborne high above the notHollywood sign in a helicopter, keeping watch for other helicopters or planes and taking out competitors if I need to.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

They are predetermined locations.

There are a few locations missing from this map (most notably, the Grapeseed airport, one on the eastern shore line, and south side of the Maze Building) but this covers most of them. I've seen a better map, I'll try to find it.

http://www.gtafivemap.com/s/2j0F7bw/

Edit: Found it

geeves fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 9, 2015

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Can you get any types of crate drops in Closed Friend/Crew/Solo servers? I know for a fact I got a "Special crate drop in 3 hours" notification exactly 1 time while I was sitting in my Closed Friend server, but nothing ever came about it. I have never gotten another one since.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Hockles posted:

Can you get any types of crate drops in Closed Friend/Crew/Solo servers? I know for a fact I got a "Special crate drop in 3 hours" notification exactly 1 time while I was sitting in my Closed Friend server, but nothing ever came about it. I have never gotten another one since.

Yes you can get all kinds of crate drops in closed friend/crew sessions. Don't think you can get them in full solo.

The thing is that if you hop between normal servers frequently, you have a high chance of stumbling in when whatever timer ticks over to start a new crate process, while sitting in a closed session you might wait hours before it triggers.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I made a race! Not sure what to do with it now, but there it is.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

I made a race! Not sure what to do with it now, but there it is.

Added it to my bookmarked jobs. I'll give it a run.

I'm also going to fix that one race that the checkpoint "bled" through to the lower floor. Needs better barriers. Also that one jump into the construction yard obviously needs guide walls as well (I think I meant to put them there, just forgot to do so.)

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Stupid question regarding map creation. I'd love to re-create Bro Nerds Boom and Zoom. Are the weapons I make available in the map level dependent ? I don't want to make a "ATV deathmatch with sticky bombs and shotguns in the beach" if I cant use them.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Stupid question regarding map creation. I'd love to re-create Bro Nerds Boom and Zoom. Are the weapons I make available in the map level dependent ? I don't want to make a "ATV deathmatch with sticky bombs and shotguns in the beach" if I cant use them.

Nope. Nothing is locked in the creator.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

geeves posted:

Sometimes, higher level weapons will be replaced by plain pistols if none of the people playing a map are high enough level for them.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Re: tank chat, what is someone suppose to do with one, other than kill cops? Surely not players or anything constructive in that sense.

Has anyone trolled a lobby having a bunch of tanks but all being in passive mode, doing nothing but just racing or something obtuse as stunt jumping?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Just went into 2 different public lobbies

1) guy yelling at his baby SHUT UP when it started crying then going casually back into the convo he was having

2) some guy and his son describing anything as gay and everyone as human being. By the voice the kid was around 12. Not that I'm surprised about age, I just don't see a lot of father-son bonding in this game so this was nice :unsmith:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 10, 2015

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Thin Privilege posted:

Just went into 2 different public lobbies

1) guy yelling at his baby SHUT UP when it started crying then going casually back into the convo he was having

2) some guy and his son describing anything as gay and everyone as human being. By the voice the kid was around 12. Not that I'm surprised about age, I just don't see a lot of father-son bonding in this game so this was nice :unsmith:

I had public chat turned off, it really only came on sometimes when I was killed, someone had like 2-3 seconds to gloat while I respawned. I turned on chat for everyone last night and figured it's a great way to target people to kill. I don't like killing people randomly in general, but when everyone is being called a human being by some level 40 guy with a sniper rifle, it makes a great target for my fighter jet. Bonus points if you stay silent while he screams in frustration.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Kelly posted:

:lol:

I didn't even make the connection - who dropped that? (I was very busy sniping everyone)

Now I can't unsee this :( But yes, it was good fun even going into lap 4 at 30 minutes. Never give up. Never stop running.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

geeves posted:

I suck at phrasing questions properly. If I make a map and use weapons above my current player level, will I be able to use said weapons if I play the map ?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I suck at phrasing questions properly. If I make a map and use weapons above my current player level, will I be able to use said weapons if I play the map ?

Sometimes you will, sometimes you won't. You seem to end up with the high level weapons reduced to pistols only most often when you're a low level player and you're playing with exclusvely other low level players, but when you have at least one level 120 dude in with you then they'll all be available.

Forced weapon choices will also always work, so even if you're level 2 you can still use a minigun if the deathmatch is set with that as a the forced weapon (though you may not be able to pick up any more ammo).

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Good times on the train of temptation tonight, because it's early o'clock and I'm full of vodka. Here are two things that happened.

Thing one, a car tried to fly and failed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tStuXcNFY

Thing two, in which our friends say goodbye:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFl_Ac7xux0

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Thing three, in which Pootbarn gets a haircut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN_259LfJno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus